PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

A new 'tougher' thread... and so it continues

Options

Comments

• ginnyknit
    ginnyknit Posts: 3,718 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    I have been cutting the families hair for many years and I don't know how I do mine either. Basically it needs a proper cut every 3 weeks so there is no way I will pay for it but OH sometimes gets a friend of Dd's who is a mobile hairdresser to come and do us a fresh cut. As for dying it, I have been grey since my late 20's and did go red for a few years and was known as Vixen by the Goth friends. Now Im silver, someone actually asked if I had it streaked like this????

Am spending the day blitzing house and kitchen as somehow my arthiritis has moved into my foot!! :mad: up to know its been mainly from the shoulder blades up :mad: Going to make the stretchiest tater hash on the planet with grated veg and lentils - cross your fingers it works.:rotfl:

Been busy already and braved the weather to clean out the rabbit and guinea pigs so they are nice and snug. We now have a huge gap in the garden where our old shed used to be, it finally collapsed. As soon as OH got ill it started to disintegrate and annoyed the hell out of him but now it is just a pile of wood. I have big plans for that space :)
    Clearing the junk to travel light
    Saving every single penny.
    I will get my caravan
  • taurusgb
    Options
    kidcat wrote: »
    Taurus - you need to do whatever you feel necessary to stay well. Having had a massive overspend this month when dad and oh did the shopping I definitely agree with the being prepared for when you are in hospital. Online shopping would probably be ideal for you and i would recommend a meal plan for the time you are in hospital along with instructions for how to cook, when to cook and how big a portion. My oh dished up a curry I had ds make, it usually does two meals for six of us and then a couple of freezer portions, he fed the six of us then threw remains away as he said there was only a tiny bit left!

Thanks Kidcat - some good ideas there...I feel your pain with the curry!
    People Say that life's the thing - but I prefer reading ;)
    The difference between a misfortune and a calamity is this: If Gladstone fell jnto the Thames it would be a misfortune. But if someone dragged him out again, that would be a calamity - Benjamin Disreali
  • SDG31000
    SDG31000 Posts: 1,009 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Morning All :D

I'm feeling like an addict that has finally gotten a fix this morning as I slept through the night!!! :j:j:j
    I have blocked sinuses at the moment so that isn't helping my mood one bit. Neither did finding out on Monday that apparently I'm a walking tub of lard. I'm not sure what I'm going to about it, but know I have to do something. It's not just hating exercise that's the problem, when I'm in a depressed patch I don't want to leave the house or do anything really. I know that I'm spending too long on the laptop as a coping mechanism and that isn't helping either.

I have both monsters home today, DS2 is watching Carry On Spying with me and DS1 is yet to surface. DS2 is a mince pie addict, so wants me to teach him how to make them later. I think he wants to know as he can use it as an excuse to eat as many as he wants. At least it is an activity he wants to do with me. Normally he talks to me when he is hungry or can't find any clean socks.

I have to get some more laundry done and see if any of it will dry on the line while the sun was shining. I also need to go through the freezers and see what is actually in them and try to do a meal plan I can stick to. DS2 tends to want different things at meal times and it makes planning difficult. There is a limit to the number of times we want curry and toad in the hole.

Take care everyone xxxxx
  • mardatha
    mardatha Posts: 15,612 Forumite
    Options
    Aye, it says a lot about somebody who's idea of a fab exciting day is to count the tins under the bed... :rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:
    :D Whereas MOI, I count them in my cupboards!. ;)
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    Hello everyone long time lurker and devotee of all incarnations of the tough type may i come and play too Lyn
  • prepareathome
    Options
    Mine are now in a bookcase in the study, as ran out of room in kitchen so brought them all up, just leaving a couple of each to let hubby think that is all i will be keeping there, but he doesn't know those cupboards will be filled as well, just with different food tins, I will just leave the one that has his soup in ( he likes a tin of soup - MR S basic tomato soup - for lunch most days for lunch, a bit emptier. It is exciting counting your tins and seeing how many more you can squeeze in and then there is the imaging what you can make with then, then there is the enjoyment of looking at the ones you got on sale, B1G1F etc, oh yes can keep me very happy....at last count I had 20 tins of tomatoes on book case and 3 in cupboard, think I need a few more :rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:
    Need to get back to getting finances under control now kin kid at uni as savings are zilch

Fashion on a ration coupon 2021 - 21 left
  • mardatha
    mardatha Posts: 15,612 Forumite
    Options
    I know fine what sunshine is hen - we had some this morning!! :p
    for em... an hour. :D:rotfl:
  • kidcat
    kidcat Posts: 6,058 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    GQ - if you had let the wine go through at the higher price you could have gone to customer services and got double the difference back, so you would have got £9.99 back for each bottle bought. Worth remembering that at Mr T its better to correct mistakes at the CS desk rather than the till. :)
  • SDG31000
    SDG31000 Posts: 1,009 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    GQ next time you get overcharged for something pay for it happily and then go to Customer Services and ask for double the difference back. By my calculations you should have gotten £11 back. So the wine for free and £1.01 profit. It also works on things that the deal has offically ended on, but the product itself still has the deal stickers on. For example Ridgeway Sausages were at better than half price. The deal had ended, but I brought 3 packs with the red deal stickers on. I went to Customer Services and basically got paid to take the sausages away. If they give you any grief about it, the information should be on a sign behind the customer services desk and it is company policy, not down to the individual stores. I hope that helps. :)
  • jamanda
    jamanda Posts: 968 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    edited 30 November 2011 at 2:08PM
    Options
    taurusgb wrote: »
    We only have one toilet and that is upstairs so I feel understand your worry ref your parents. My dad is currently in hospital with a severe infection in his leg and it upsets me greatly to think that if they can't get him back mobile he will never be able to visit us again. We can't afford to have a downdstairs toilet fitted either so there is no solution there.:(

Not as much as it sounds, I hope. We have a utility type room which used to have a toilet in it (broken and hole closed off). It has pipes in for water for shower, so I'm hoping it isn't going to cost too much. Plaster will have to be removed and some electrics done though, and that won't be cheap. I'm going to try to create a wet room so if either/any parent needs to be kidnapped by me, we can cater for anything. Plus I'm getting on a bit and hubby has dodgy knees, so I think of it as investing for the future. Don't see much point in keeping money in bank at the moment - not that I have much, just a bit of a cushion for emergencies.

SIL is a builder, so at least I know the costs will be as reasonable as can be expected. (Cos I scare him :D)

PS why when I quote somebody doesn't it come in a little box like everybody elses? I just get a scruffy bit of text.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure