PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

A new 'tougher' thread... and so it continues

Options

Comments

• Softstuff
    Softstuff Posts: 3,086 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Fuddle, you can fix the bra pretty easily and permanently... I'm a 34F and haven't met a non-underwired that could cope with that or a wired that stayed in one piece! If you just push the wire back in, darn where it came out, then get a piece of satin ribbon doubled over in the bra colour, and sew that all around as a patch over where it broke before. It's a bit of a belt and braces approach, but I'd rather be safe than sorry. It doesn't rub then either.
    Softstuff- Officially better than 007
  • mardatha
    mardatha Posts: 15,612 Forumite
    Options
  • greenbee
    greenbee Posts: 16,160 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    mardatha wrote: »

As Goldman Sachs appear to run/own the world, then there may be some truth in it... Then again, do you really believe what the French have to say about the UK? :D
  • ragz_2
    ragz_2 Posts: 3,254 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    mardatha wrote: »

I wish I understood any of that! I shall just assume it is 'bad news'...
    Have opened a savings account and I will do a budget prediction for 2012 this week to see how much we can save. Would like to save for christmas 2012 and have some put by for car trouble, DH not working due to weather/illness (gardener) and general emergency fund. One day I will think about getting a pension set up for one/both of us but I really have no clue about them...
    I feel so lucky to be renting, we get 2/3 of our rent payed by housing benefit as DH doesn't earn a lot and we have 3 children. When the children are all older and I go out to work we will probably find ourselves worse off, we certainly could never afford a mortgage, though that really doesn't bother me, but I really feel for those who have to find these huge payments every month...
    June Grocery Challenge £493.33/£500 July £/£500
    2 adults, 3 teens
    Progress is easier to acheive than perfection.
  • maryb
    maryb Posts: 4,661 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Options
    http://www.telegraph.co.uk/finance/newsbysector/banksandfinance/8924859/SandP-downgrades-British-and-US-banks.html

some more banks downgraded last night but it's not just us. There is general economic mayhem out there and the ratings agencies don't want to seem to be slow to react in the way they were back in 2008 they were still giving Ninja loans AAA ratings . There is huge political pressure on them not to downgrade France (funny how that downgrade turned out to be a 'mistake') despite the fact that the markets are acting as if France has already been downgraded. So it could be this is more to be seen to be doing something, anything.
    It doesn't matter if you are a glass half full or half empty sort of person. Keep it topped up! Cheers!
  • mardatha
    mardatha Posts: 15,612 Forumite
    Options
    I don't understand it but posted it for those who do :D But people who are usually level headed on another forum seem to think its bad news.
  • thriftwizard
    Options
    Chipping in on the underwear front - I was a 34G from age 16-45, now alas a 36G - seconding Softstuff's fix, which works well, but when that "goes" too, just take the wires out altogether. You lose a little bit of definition, but gain quite a bit of comfort & a longer lifespan for your expensive bras, even if they're best worn at weekends from then on!
    But what to do with the discarded wires has been puzzling me for years - miniature polytunnels, perhaps?! :rotfl:
    I wish I understood any of that! I shall just assume it is 'bad news'...

As far as I can see, it all works on guesswork & rumours anyway, so if they say we'll be downgraded, we'll be downgraded because they said so... the wolves are circling. :eek:
    Angie - GC May 24 £162.50/£450: 2024 Fashion on the Ration Challenge: 10/68: (Money's just a substitute for time & talent...)
  • prepareathome
    Options
    Will read it in a minute, just blazing with O2- ok not end of the world, but I only just now looked at the email that I get every month from them saying my broadband payment will be taken on the first and the amount, some months in the past I haven't I admit, check cc on the first and always been ok, and was going to delete this email but something made me open it and check, they had charged me more than they should, OK only another £2.25 but as I only use a prepay cc that could have been a problem as some months there is only the correct amount on it, was £13 a month then phoned them in Sept to say I wasn't happy all these great deals for new customers why should I pay more for their basic package than they are offering it now and was offered upgrade with better wireless modem and faster broadband, not that, that makes a difference my exchange is still roamed by dinasors, but got told it is £8.50 a month as half price for the year, and then as I am an O2 customer my discount brings it to £6.25 a month, well I was happy. It was to late to stop the dearer payment for October but in November I was refunded the difference, so this payment tomorrow would have been first one on new amount, but whoever had put it through had not taken off my O2 discount. Now I have to pay the £8.50 tomorrow as its to late to stop it, guy did put a £2.25 credit on my account so repayment is there so will have to watch out for bill for Feb as it again will be full bill, as Jan will only be £4 with the overpayment. I know not much to be bothered about, but every penny literally I need to keep out of the red and in the black.
    Need to get back to getting finances under control now kin kid at uni as savings are zilch

Fashion on a ration coupon 2021 - 21 left
  • fuddle
    fuddle Posts: 6,823 Forumite
    Options
    According to direct.gov's pension calculator http://pensions-service.direct.gov.uk/en/state-pension-age-calculator/home.asp i'll be 68 before I can retire. It very kindly gives you the amount of time you have left to work - right down to days. Thanks:rotfl:
  • candygirl
    candygirl Posts: 29,455 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    I'll be 66 and OH will be 67:eek::eek::eek:
    "You can't stop the waves, but you can learn to surf"

(Kabat-Zinn 2004):D:D:D
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing