My Mortgage Free Dream - Boogie-ing through the 70's

Options

Comments

• yukkibear
    yukkibear Posts: 5,556 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Hope everyone had a lovely xmas day yesterday. I got a walk in green house to replace my broken one, so I'll be able to grow lots more next year which I'm really looking forward to.

Despite not posting a lot in the last month, I have been working hard to set up funds for January in the means of TCB, chow, some mystery shopping and bits and pieces.

As an offspin from yesterday, I have a mobile phone to recycle and a couple of toys to amazon / ebay straight away. I plan of having a big clearout over the next weeks / months and doing the house up over the next year as well as replenishing savings and overpaying.

Happy boxing day everyone.
  • newgirly
    newgirly Posts: 8,940 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Hi yukkibear, good luck for 2012 with your plans. I like the idea of growing more food as well, do you have a big garden? as I only have a small decked one so not sure where to start really.
    2022 MFW 67 - 33 month challenge to clear mortgage, month 17 completed and and extra 2 knocked off 🙂MFI3 No.12
  • yukkibear
    Options
    Not a big garden no. We have a small decked area and then lawn area which seems to be taken up with dd2's garden toys. The g/house will be on the decking.
  • pink_poppy
    pink_poppy Posts: 1,434 Forumite
    Homepage Hero First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Good to see you back yukki :D

I'd love a greenhouse ~ think it will have to be one of those small plastic efforts to begin with though, just in case I go off the idea of 'growing my own' ie if it's too much bother (I can be a lazy beggar sometimes :o).

Good luck with your MFW plans in 2012.
    'A watched potato will never chit'...
  • yukkibear
    edited 27 December 2011 at 11:35AM
    Options
    Mine is just a plastic one pp just slightly bigger than the smallest you can buy. Today is the first day we have been able to spend at home for a while so the clear out will begin later when I get my backside out of bed.

UPDATE: -

- listed one phone for recycling - £36 to come later
    - email received confirming a £6 refund for an ordered I returned just before xmas
    - 1 item listed on amazon this morning.
  • pink_poppy
    pink_poppy Posts: 1,434 Forumite
    Homepage Hero First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    yukki, do you have a link to your greenhouse, you said it was a walk in one so I thought it would be huge!! :o Also, do you need to peg it down somehow?? My MIL's mini plastic greenhouse ended up next door one particularly windy night!! She's had great success with growing things in it though, mostly flowers but I think she's grown tomatoes as well. The more I think about it, the more I want one now!! :D
    'A watched potato will never chit'...
  • yukkibear
    Options
    I'm assuming it's this one. Not huge but certainly walk in. I have never tied mine down to the ground, and so far the worst it has done is blow over but that was when I didn't have a lot in it. I could tie mine to the decking posts tho I guess.
  • pammyj74
    pammyj74 Posts: 3,290 Forumite
    Options
    Well done on the extra income, you are really battling down hun. I thought about doing MS but it seems hard work to me. my sis tried it but I would be terrible as my memory is shocking! Id walk out the shop and forget the name of the person that served me lol
    I have two four tier greenhouses, they are fab and I had a pot of stones at the bottom of mine and a brick on each side AND it still blew over grrr. and knocked the stones all over the place.
    MPs left feb '08 276- Dec 13 36 :T MB Jan 10 ~ £82,377 Dec 13 ~ £29987
    EMFD was Feb 32 :eek: NOW Dec 2013 its Dec 2016
    MF new target Dec 16 REACHED!! :j
  • pavlovs_dog
    pavlovs_dog Posts: 10,199 Forumite
    Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    what do you find are the most effective ways of raising funds yukki? looking forward to watching your progress - the 70s feel like a looong way of for me and OH at the mo :D
    know thyself
    Nid wy'n gofyn bywyd moethus...
  • yukkibear
    Options
    Pavlovs - for me the easiest things to generate the cash are

- eBay
    - online mystery shopping
    - review writing to doou and then chow
    - I use tcb for everything I buy
    - pynec0ne surveys are good when they come up
    -opinion world is fairly easy

Also just started entering competitions through December. I ended up with some make up, £20 amazon vouchers and a kids DVD. Going to carry that on, but aiming to enter those for useful items for us.

If I think of anything else I'll add it.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure