We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.

This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!

Tesco Discussion chat & grabbits eleven PLUS

1…143144146148149…993

Comments

  • LadyLeenie wrote: »
    I give in :rotfl:

    :rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:
  • Beki88
    Beki88 Posts: 1,356 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper
    phaze5 wrote: »
    Hi guys
    Wonder if anyone can help I bought 2 sets of phones earlier for xmas presents the shelf label said 39.99 but they went through at 84.99 each took them to cs and the girl behind the desk said I would be entitled to £180 back but she would have to check with manager as it was a big amount they said they could only dtd on one item and refund on the other I.m not sure on the policy can anyone give me some info before I contact customer services in the morning
    thanks
    Am I being really thick but isn't £180 the DTD for them both or have I worked it out wrong?
    Overcharge of 45, dtd =90 times 2 =180? Or am I waaaay off?
    They should do DTD for both anyway that is their own policy though some CS like to think they make the rules up!
    Also I dunno if anyone saw my post but the shrek Iloom ones were scanning at 75p when I went last monday for DS birthday they look awesome :D

    Everything will be ok in the end, and if it isn't ok then it isn't the end :)
  • phaze5
    phaze5 Posts: 83 Forumite
    No problem :) Some CS are really snotty, and for some reason seem to think the money is coming out of their own pocket?!
    But their not all like that:) pot luck really...
    Good luck :), xx
    The girl on CS was lovely it was the manager was a nasty so and so, roll on morning lol Trust me to get someone who needs an attitude adjustment lol
  • ih8stress
    ih8stress Posts: 2,119 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper I've been Money Tipped!
    Only had a quick glimpse on here for the last day or two.

    Celebrate: It won't be the same without your posts.:( I hope you drop by on here from time to time - in the meantime I think you are doing right by concentrating on your family and yourself.

    Bailey: Sorry that I missed your original post - it's good that you are keeping busy with doing a shoebox for your OH.:)

    Actually, that has got me thinking about someone in my family who has gone for the first time - does anyone know when the last date for sending stuff is? Or am I too late?

    Nikki: Glad you are doing well on the 'stopping'.

    Beki: Sorry you are feeling emotional - perhaps it shook you up more than you thought at the time - delayed shock? Are you still in pain, not sleeping? Might be worth keeping a diary for insurance purposes?

    Hi to everyone else, hope there is a good glitch coming soon for us all.:)
  • Beki88 wrote: »
    Am I being really thick but isn't £180 the DTD for them both or have I worked it out wrong?
    Overcharge of 45, dtd =90 times 2 =180? Or am I waaaay off?
    They should do DTD for both anyway that is their own policy though some CS like to think they make the rules up!
    Also I dunno if anyone saw my post but the shrek Iloom ones were scanning at 75p when I went last monday for DS birthday they look awesome :D

    LOL...you're right! I didn't even read it properly myself....ooops!:rotfl:
    I hate twitches, but I LOVE glitches!!!
  • phaze5 wrote: »
    The girl on CS was lovely it was the manager was a nasty so and so, roll on morning lol Trust me to get someone who needs an attitude adjustment lol


    :rotfl:. Well done on your phones anyway:), we need some new ones desperatly! Ours broke last week and were all having to use our mobiles atm:rotfl:

    Lets hope theres some at our local, thank you for pointing it out:)xx
  • mumsmoneysaverxx
    mumsmoneysaverxx Posts: 142 Forumite
    edited 22 November 2011 at 12:07AM
    Beki88 wrote: »
    Am I being really thick but isn't £180 the DTD for them both or have I worked it out wrong?
    Overcharge of 45, dtd =90 times 2 =180? Or am I waaaay off?
    They should do DTD for both anyway that is their own policy though some CS like to think they make the rules up!
    Also I dunno if anyone saw my post but the shrek Iloom ones were scanning at 75p when I went last monday for DS birthday they look awesome :D


    I think the op means that the CS offered £180, but had to get the manager to authorise it, but the manager wouldn't let her give the £180, I think? hth :)x
  • phaze5
    phaze5 Posts: 83 Forumite
    Beki88 wrote: »
    Am I being really thick but isn't £180 the DTD for them both or have I worked it out wrong?
    Overcharge of 45, dtd =90 times 2 =180? Or am I waaaay off?
    They should do DTD for both anyway that is their own policy though some CS like to think they make the rules up!
    Also I dunno if anyone saw my post but the shrek Iloom ones were scanning at 75p when I went last monday for DS birthday they look awesome :D
    Hi Beki
    Yes 180 is dtd but the CS girl said that was what I would be entitled to but the manager only gave me 90 back on one phone but not the other and wouldn't budge
  • phaze5
    phaze5 Posts: 83 Forumite
    I think the op means that the CS offered £190, but had to get the manager to authorise it, but the manager wouldn't let her give the £190, I think? hth :)x
    Thanks Mums maybe I didnt word it right lol they gave me £90 back but manager wouldnt authorise the £90 for the other phone xx
  • phaze5
    phaze5 Posts: 83 Forumite
    That's what happened to me last week, when I bought 2 sets of the writing sets and a bright starts mobile toy. The CS guy try to fob me off with only one lot of dtd, but I stood my ground and asked them to call HO for me (before 6pm).

    End result, I got all the items dtd.

    BTW...hi and welcome aboard. :wave:
    Thanks Bargain it was at 9.45pm so HO was closed so hopefully will get it sorted in morning and thanks for the welcome xx
This discussion has been closed.
★ ★ ★ Meet your Ambassadors

🚀 Getting Started

Hi new member!

Our Getting Started Guide will help you get the most out of the Forum

Categories

  • All Categories
  • 355.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 254.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 456.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 248.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 605.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 179K Life & Family
  • 263.5K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 16.1K Discuss & Feedback
  • 37.7K Read-Only Boards

Is this how you want to be seen?

We see you are using a default avatar. It takes only a few seconds to pick a picture.