Sorry, so geared up now!
    :)
    In debt no more!
  • mf0u1098
    mf0u1098 Posts: 1,595 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    suzitiger wrote: »
    I'd love to join you!!! i am on a few threads on here and I think this one will keep me on track and push me towards a fast dfd!! :beer:
    i want to be out of debt by october so that I can go to the maldives to do a volunteer project out there. :) Love what ur doing guys, I have a debt of 5,000 and I earn about 8k a year, hopefully on the rise as I am mainly self employed and establishing my business atm.

Wow that sounds fantastic, glad to have you on the team! xxx
    New Debt Journey: Pay off £19,622.91 by 30th April 2015 :T

Debt at Highest: £43,073 :eek:
  • CW2
    CW2 Posts: 113 Forumite
    Options
    loubie_lou wrote: »
    LET'S DO THIS!!!!!!!! :T

Sorry, so geared up now!
    :)

Yay! Me too! :j:j:j

Debt at LBM (31.05.11): £16,750
    Debt Free Date 22.12.12 :j
    Saving for a house deposit: £5,003 / £15,000 target
  • mf0u1098
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    CW2 wrote: »
    Yay! Me too! :j:j:j

You guys make me chuckle!!!:rotfl:

• CW2
    Options
    mf0u1098 -fabulous idea to set up this challenge thread! Do you like Christmas? This challenge is even more fantastic for me because i LOVE Christmas and to become debt free in time for a 2012 Christmas celebration is perfect!!

• kerri_dfw
    kerri_dfw Posts: 4,556 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    I've started being thrifty... housemate left a handwash bottle on the side in the bathroom empty. Whilst stood in the shower washing off the shampoo this evening I ripped off the label and decanted my non-pump-dispenser shower gel into it. Then I used just one pump, which was 1/4 my usual non-pump amount. I'm amazed!!! Must find more for shampoo and conditioner.
    Diary: Getting back on track for 2013 and beyond
    DEBT FREE 13-10-13 :dance::dance::dance::dance::dance:
    Beautiful daughter born 11.1.14
    Mortgage: [STRIKE]£399,435.91[/STRIKE] £377218.83
    Deposit loan from Dad: £9000[STRIKE]£10000[/STRIKE]
  • mf0u1098
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    CW2 wrote: »
    mf0u1098 -fabulous idea to set up this challenge thread! Do you like Christmas? This challenge is even more fantastic for me because i LOVE Christmas and to become debt free in time for a 2012 Christmas celebration is perfect!!

Awwwww thanks CW2, I only started it cos you guys gave me the encouragement to on my diary!

You know I didn't used to the like Christmas as I was always skint, hated crowded shopping centres and always felt pressured to buy really expensive things for people. Now it's different. I see Christmas as it should be. A time to give people gifts that will make them happy and mean something. A time to spend with family and friends.

Plus....MUPPETS CHRISTMAS CAROL IS THE BEST!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:j:j:j:j

I keep imagining the feeling just before Christmas (or hopefully sooner) when I make that last payment. That will be the best xmas present I've ever had and will probably top the feeling of pride when I graduated. This is what is keeping me going...

After this I think it will be saving for a house deposit in 2013 but maybe I'm getting a bit ahead of myself here :rotfl:

• loubie_lou
    loubie_lou Posts: 1,368 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Muppets is just the best christmas film EVER!

2013 is my house deposit saving year too!!
    In debt no more!
  • suzitiger
    Options
    kerri_dfw wrote: »
    I've started being thrifty... housemate left a handwash bottle on the side in the bathroom empty. Whilst stood in the shower washing off the shampoo this evening I ripped off the label and decanted my non-pump-dispenser shower gel into it. Then I used just one pump, which was 1/4 my usual non-pump amount. I'm amazed!!! Must find more for shampoo and conditioner.

Wow Kerri, good on you!! That reminds me I need to wash my hair tonight. :)
    Don't turn a slip up into a give up:D
    *NSD Challenge Nov 0/10* *£10 a day challenge Nov £0/£300*
    No buying unnecessary toiletries challenge-in it for the long haul
    :D

• CW2
    Options
    mf0u1098 wrote: »
    Awwwww thanks CW2, I only started it cos you guys gave me the encouragement to on my diary!

You know I didn't used to the like Christmas as I was always skint, hated crowded shopping centres and always felt pressured to buy really expensive things for people. Now it's different. I see Christmas as it should be. A time to give people gifts that will make them happy and mean something. A time to spend with family and friends.

Plus....MUPPETS CHRISTMAS CAROL IS THE BEST!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:j:j:j:j

I keep imagining the feeling just before Christmas (or hopefully sooner) when I make that last payment. That will be the best xmas present I've ever had and will probably top the feeling of pride when I graduated. This is what is keeping me going...

Here, here!! xx

This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business