🗳️ ELECTION 2024: THE MSE LEADERS' DEBATE Got a burning question you want us to ask the party leaders ahead of the general election? Submit your suggestions via this form or post them on our dedicated Forum board where you can see and upvote other users' questions. Please note that the Forum's rules on avoiding general political discussion still apply across all boards.

The "Pay ALL your debt off by Xmas 2012" challenge

Options

Comments

• mf0u1098
    mf0u1098 Posts: 1,595 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    kerri_dfw wrote: »
    Can you put me down too. I'm going to get rid of all my debt by next Christmas, no more credit card, no more overdrafts. Although I am aiming to get it done sooner than next Christmas if possible, I would like to also have a sizeable amount in savings.... something like the £4k in debt I am. Do I think it's doable... not sure yet but I would like to join your merry gang please.

Kerri x

P.s. £4300 is my figure

Lovely to have you onboard Kerri_dfw! xxx
    New Debt Journey: Pay off £19,622.91 by 30th April 2015 :T

Debt at Highest: £43,073 :eek:
  • mf0u1098
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    CW2 wrote: »
    £12,459 for me please! God that sounds a lot :o

It does doesn't it. You've already paid off so much since your LBM, you can do this! xxx

• CW2
    CW2 Posts: 113 Forumite
    Options
    mf0u1098 wrote: »
    It does doesn't it. You've already paid off so much since your LBM, you can do this! xxx

I will stay focussed, I will stay focussed, I will stay focussed, haha!! xx

Debt at LBM (31.05.11): £16,750
    Debt Free Date 22.12.12 :j
    Saving for a house deposit: £5,003 / £15,000 target
  • charleyroo
    Options
    this thread is a great idea and i love reading all your tips! i want to challenge myself and i'd love to end (next) year with savings too!
    Spreadsheet-obsessed.
  • mf0u1098
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Oooo Loubie Lou, you're starting on a lower figure based on what you're hoping to pay by end of year - should I do same? I've put my current debt figure down but it should be a bit less by end 2011...what does everyone think?

It's entirely up to you CW2! I'm starting the challenge now so I'm putting down the debt I owe as of today so I can feel like I'm getting somewhere and not having to wait until January to see my totals come down. xxx

• loubie_lou
    loubie_lou Posts: 1,368 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Oooo Loubie Lou, you're starting on a lower figure based on what you're hoping to pay by end of year - should I do same? I've put my current debt figure down but it should be a bit less by end 2011...what does everyone think?

CW2, it's up to you really my dear, but I think I am going to end up paying about 1k before the year is out. £13k sounds a nice figure to start the new year off with......x
    In debt no more!
  • loubie_lou
    loubie_lou Posts: 1,368 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    mf0u1098 wrote: »
    It's entirely up to you CW2! I'm starting the challenge now so I'm putting down the debt I owe as of today so I can feel like I'm getting somewhere and not having to wait until January to see my totals come down. xxx

Yeah I see what you mean there, so stick me down for £13908 please!!!

Sorry for the change!
    In debt no more!
  • CW2
    CW2 Posts: 113 Forumite
    Options
    Haha what are we like?! I'm so indecisive. So in an attempt to be decisive, I'll stick with £12,459 - it will be gone!!! And then I am having one hell of a night out :) Bring on 2012!

Debt at LBM (31.05.11): £16,750
    Debt Free Date 22.12.12 :j
    Saving for a house deposit: £5,003 / £15,000 target
  • suzitiger
    Options
    I'd love to join you!!! i am on a few threads on here and I think this one will keep me on track and push me towards a fast dfd!! :beer:
    i want to be out of debt by october so that I can go to the maldives to do a volunteer project out there. :) Love what ur doing guys, I have a debt of 5,000 and I earn about 8k a year, hopefully on the rise as I am mainly self employed and establishing my business atm.
    Don't turn a slip up into a give up:D
    *NSD Challenge Nov 0/10* *£10 a day challenge Nov £0/£300*
    No buying unnecessary toiletries challenge-in it for the long haul
    :D

• mf0u1098
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    loubie_lou wrote: »
    Yeah I see what you mean there, so stick me down for £13908 please!!!

Sorry for the change!

No worries, updated my dear! xxx

This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 8 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 343.9K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts