The "Pay ALL your debt off by Xmas 2012" challenge

Options

Comments

• psychopathbabble
    Options
    Ok my week is going pretty badly.... I had a lovely evening on Monday and last night with various groups of friends and our christmas dinners/secret santa swapping.... then monday evening my laptop decides to break down and be unrepairable from home, then today I find out I've perforated my ear drum which means I can't go to work, but the walk-in centre don't issue sick notes so I've got to wait for an appointment at my doctors later today to get seen to get signed off (our policy over christmas is a note for even just one day!) so Jan payday is going to be rubbish :( On the bright side I won't be working over Christmas so I can go home and chill out, but I'm not convinced my ear will be healed in one week?
    Became Mrs Scotland 16.01.16 :heart:Became homeowners 26.02.16 :heart:Baby girl arrived 27.10.16 :heart:Baby boy arrived 16.09.2018
  • SpagBol
    SpagBol Posts: 1,371 Forumite
    Options
    Eeek I need to read this thread! HOw long will it take?! I spent last week moving to new 0% cards and really sorting things out so now have a good clean slate to work on. Hubby gets paid on 6th Jan and I start a new job on the 9th so next year looking bright! Will update soon I hope. Good luck and HAppy Xmas everyone!
    DMP started Oct '17: £79,974 :eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:
  • kerri_dfw
    kerri_dfw Posts: 4,556 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    I've forgotten who was asking about the loan, but is the APR representative of 6% of actually going to be 6%?
    Diary: Getting back on track for 2013 and beyond
    DEBT FREE 13-10-13 :dance::dance::dance::dance::dance:
    Beautiful daughter born 11.1.14
    Mortgage: [STRIKE]£399,435.91[/STRIKE] £377218.83
    Deposit loan from Dad: £9000[STRIKE]£10000[/STRIKE]
  • twoboysmamma79
    Options
    Hi op, can i add another £1600 to my total please.
    I Aim to get this paid off asap !!!! so therefor i am looking to pay off £9924 by xmas 2012 :mad::mad::mad: (mad at myself !!!!)
    Debt at LBM 1/11/11 Total: £110,849 :eek:
    (Including £70,150 Mortgage).
    Mortgage due to finish 2026. Aiming to be debt/mortgage free 2021 :D:j
  • PedroMatias
    Options
    kerri_dfw wrote: »
    I've forgotten who was asking about the loan, but is the APR representative of 6% of actually going to be 6%?

We'll see, I have to wait for the paperwork to come through before I find out the rate. If it's too high, I won't bother - I've got my MSE head screwed on! ;)
  • sharronej
    Options
    Ok my week is going pretty badly.... I had a lovely evening on Monday and last night with various groups of friends and our christmas dinners/secret santa swapping.... then monday evening my laptop decides to break down and be unrepairable from home, then today I find out I've perforated my ear drum which means I can't go to work, but the walk-in centre don't issue sick notes so I've got to wait for an appointment at my doctors later today to get seen to get signed off (our policy over christmas is a note for even just one day!) so Jan payday is going to be rubbish :( On the bright side I won't be working over Christmas so I can go home and chill out, but I'm not convinced my ear will be healed in one week?

Aw hugs, I'm sorry to hear you're not feeling well, it's good you get to relax over Christmas though and we'll help support you through January....at least emotionally if not financially :D
    SpagBol wrote: »
    Eeek I need to read this thread! HOw long will it take?! I spent last week moving to new 0% cards and really sorting things out so now have a good clean slate to work on. Hubby gets paid on 6th Jan and I start a new job on the 9th so next year looking bright! Will update soon I hope. Good luck and HAppy Xmas everyone!

Well done on the 0% that'll make a huge difference and it sounds like you're in for a good debt busting year.

We'll see, I have to wait for the paperwork to come through before I find out the rate. If it's too high, I won't bother - I've got my MSE head screwed on! ;)

This seems odd, why haven't they been able to give you the rate now? Is the loan with your bank?
  • mrso2b
    mrso2b Posts: 314 Forumite
    Options
    sharronej wrote: »
    I would but I'd make it a priority to clear the overdraft within the three months and then cancel it altogether :D

I agree with this!
  • jakes-mum
    jakes-mum Posts: 4,624 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Ive just been looking at the benefits checker to try and wok out what benefits we would be entitled to if I manage to get the mid rate DLA and DH registered as my carer (the benefits advisor thinks ive got a very good chance as im quite dangerous on my own :eek: the 4 massive scars on my left hand from trying to cut potatoes in the last 2 weeks being a prime example :eek:) im a bit depressed to realise that we would actually have more money than the last 2 years of DH working :(
    DH is not really on board at the minute as he's a grafter but ive had to admit I need help at home and we cant afford to hire someone in :(
    SPC No 002 SPC(3) £285/£250 (4) £519.84/£500 (5) £768.32/£500 (6) £911.30/£600 (7) £913.23/£600 (8) £1184.82/£750 (9) £2864.04/£750 (10) £3846.25/£1000 (11) £1779.72/£1000 (12) £1596.55/£1000 (13) £1534.70/£1000 (14) £775.60/£1000 (15) £700.20/£1000 (16) £2081.34/£1000 (17) £0/£1000
  • SpagBol
    SpagBol Posts: 1,371 Forumite
    Options
    Oooh I am No 084! I have moved money around a bit since the start of this challenge so there are two credit cards which total approx my target (£10k) so those will be my goal. They are 0% until end of Jan (£2k) and the other £8k end of April so I need to get my skates on!! Hubby is owed some money from his last employer and I have taken on some work so hopefully we can pay but predictably there are expenses (1 months nursery fees upfront etc) life just gets in the way!!
    DMP started Oct '17: £79,974 :eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:
  • lulalolly
    Options
    Well.... Had my purse stolen in town today, from my handbag that was on my pram whilst I was sitting my baby up grrr, can't trust folk for one second these days. It wasn't so bad, (luckily) only had about £15 in it, and all my cards etc etc. So have cancelled all cards, ordered a new driving licence (£20) and rang police in case it gets handed in.
    Bit gutted cos it had a note in written by my great grandad from my 18th bday saying 'you are my sunshine', and he died last year :-(.
    Anyway got home all teary and fed up, saw a brown envelope (oh no i thought!!!) tax office!!!! it was a cheque for £356.10 for overpaid tax in 2008 lol!!! Totally out of the blue!!!
    Soooo please #29 £1316/£8276.
    Karma smiles on me :-)
    L x
    Virgin - £0 :j, HSBC overdraft £630 - ??% AER, Barclays - £4,527 - 0% APR, DFS - £1500 - 0% APR
    TOTAL - £6657
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport