The "Pay ALL your debt off by Xmas 2012" challenge

Options

Comments

• his_missus
    his_missus Posts: 3,363 Forumite
    Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    Morning all!

Kerri you were missed yesterday, hope you feel better soon. I reckon this is the hardest challenge you've set esp at this time of year.

Loveday can't believe you read the whole thread in one go!

mf0u1098 good luck keeping those lads in check - !!!!!! Dastardly and Muttley :rotfl:

Well, we were going to go to the cinema tonight, we always go in December to watch a Christmas film but the times are pants tonight. We were then going to go out for a meal but Hubby is in a stinking mood after last night's footy, he's not great company today, I pity the lads in his office :rotfl:. SO I think I will transfer the money we would've spent over to the CC :)

Keep busting those debts xxx
  • spartan59
    Options
    Please add me to this challenge

£15385.92 to go by christmas day 2012!!!
    DEBT Total Dec 12 = £30029
    DFD APRIL 2014
  • Malmol09
    Options
    I get to update with some new figures....it's like Christmas has come early!!!!

I have paid off £168 meaning.....

#063 £262.68 / £17,630.02:j

It feels good to start being able to see the figure go down!!!

xx
  • loubie_lou
    loubie_lou Posts: 1,368 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    I am going to cry soon. Where is my payday. Oh yeah it's nine days away, grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr!:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:
    In debt no more!
  • lemonpopsicle
    lemonpopsicle Posts: 655 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker Debt-free and Proud! Mortgage-free Glee!
    edited 21 December 2011 at 12:05PM
    Options
    I got paid early, so went straight to online banking and changed cc payment to go out today (this thread is worryingly addictive!). So new totals are
    No. 069 £1010 / £7719
    I actually paid more off but have adjusted figure because of the huge interest Virg are gonna take :mad::mad::mad: have I done the right thing?
    Life's little instructions- Treat everyone you meet like you want to be treated..Watch a sunrise at least once a year..Strive for excellence not perfection:j
    £2 SC no.70 £140/£350
    SPC no.73 SPC9 £248 SPC10 target £250
    DFBX12 No. 069 £7719 / £7719 DEBT FREE 30/11/12
    2013 mfw No.4 MORTGAGE FREE 5/8/13
  • twoboysmamma79
    twoboysmamma79 Posts: 32 Forumite
    edited 21 December 2011 at 12:07PM
    Options
    #170. £150.00 paid today/£8500..so far £176.00 has been paid now only £8324.00 to go !!!!:money:lol
    Debt at LBM 1/11/11 Total: £110,849 :eek:
    (Including £70,150 Mortgage).
    Mortgage due to finish 2026. Aiming to be debt/mortgage free 2021 :D:j
  • salkunh
    Options
    loubie_lou wrote: »
    I am going to cry soon. Where is my payday. Oh yeah it's nine days away, grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr!:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

Mines 41 days away!!! :eek:
    Deleting everything to make sure MoneySupermarket don't get any of my personal details to sell to following Martin's sell out move :money:
  • loubie_lou
    loubie_lou Posts: 1,368 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    salkunh wrote: »
    Mines 41 days away!!! :eek:

This one has been 35!
    In debt no more!
  • Twigs2205
    Options
    Hi Everyone

Well done to you all for making soooo many payments. I'm a little bit disheartened this month because my total has gone up, this is because I have transferred nearly half of my debt onto 0% deals so the charges have been added onto my totals!!!

I'm not giving up though, and will be putting all my effort into making extra money when January gets here!! On a plus note I have claimed my first £5 Amozon voucher from SB and well on my way to the 2nd!!!

One of my New Year's resolutions is to lose some weight in 2012 so I would love to join in. Got a big holiday booked in September to Vegas and then a week's cruise round the Carribean need to lose as much weight as possible!!

Can't do much today, as got to wait in for the last of my Xmas pressies to arrive so going to write on some cards and start wrapping!!

Hope everyone has a good day xxxx
  • PedroMatias
    Options
    Right... advice time.

I spent a bit of time on spreadsheets and the like, deciding whether getting a small loan at low APR to pay off my CC and car would be beneficial. I've calculated it would be by a few hundred pounds, even with early repayment charges.

So, I've applied and been accepted for a £7,500 loan from a mainstream bank, representative APR of 6.4%. Below this amount, the APR jumped up. The plan is to pay off everything other than the parental loan with it, and because I'll have money left over, I'll give a lump sum to my mum (who I'm paying 4% interest to) and restructure the remainder of the debt with her so it finishes at Christmas 2012.

Assuming they don't offer me an APR that's significantly different to the representative, do you think this is a good idea? I'll need to be more vigilant and make sure I'm saving to pay it off, but DFD should be easier to reach. The other benefit is I'll be building up a lump sum in a savings account, which is never a bad idea in these times.

Should I sign on the dotted line?
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.5K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.2K Travel & Transport