Lulabelle's MFW Diary

Options

Comments

• lulabelle1
    lulabelle1 Posts: 2,693 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    newgirly wrote: »
    Ouch, that's a hell of a lot! Sorry that its not going to work out as you planned, I wouldn't do it for that sort of money either. Hope you enjoyed the takeaway :)

Thanks newgirly, at least we know now before we spend a few weeks dreaming about it. I hope yours works out much better.... :)
  • lulabelle1
    Options
    Hi Lula, I hope your meal out or takeaway has given you and DH time to chat. You must feel pretty gutted, would a garage conversion help in any way? Or would a smaller conversion of the loft help in any way at all.

As you have powered through the mortgage last year, and your planned OPs will make a significant difference this year, would this enable you to put your house up for sale in early Spring 2014?

Tilly x

Thanks Tilly.

I went straight over to next as soon as I got off the phone from DH to collect the bedding, cushions etc that I had ordered...... I put them straight on the bed and it was obviously like sleeping on cardboard... So the sheets are straight in the wash this morning and back on later once they're soft and fluffy.

We had a takeaway and a little chat. DH has already put it straight out of his mind, says he's not bothered, he's good like that. It was never going to make it our long term house, just maybe keep us here for a few more years, so we'll just bide our time, keep op'ing as much as we can and take it from there. Everything happens for a reason xx
  • lulabelle1
    Options
    Sorry to hear that the LC isn't feasible financially :(

You're right not to do any work that will value your house just above the 3% stamp duty threshold though, however disappointing it is at the moment.

MWC

That's actually a really good point and something that I hadn't even considered...... I'm feeling better about the situation already! A point like this really matters as we would definitely expect to be selling in maybe 3/4 years time. Thank you. :)
  • lulabelle1
    Options
    Ok, well, LC plans are now a thing of the past.

Pay day at some point today..... Usually this afternoon sometime. DH gets paid tomorrow.

Good thing about no LC means that with my OP and regular payment, the mortgage will drop below 100k once it's been updated.... So that's fantastic and something to be very happy about.

Looking forward the money shuffle later! X
  • lulabelle1
    Options
    HURRAH - payday arrived!!!!! Phew........
  • HelenDaveKids
    Options
    lulabelle1 wrote: »
    Thanks Helen, yes, need to be practical, I can do that every now and then... :rotfl:

Sorry Lula, having done the Myers briggs, I know that have a thinking rather than feeling personality. So if you break up with a partner, I will ask about the house / money before asking if your ok!
    Morgage till Nov 30 GOAL MFW Sept 2016
    Aug 11 - £100k Aug 2016.... It's GONE!!!!!
    2014 GOAL HIT 5 Stone! 2016 GOAL to be a MF marathon runner.
    "A goal without a plan is just a wish"
  • lulabelle1
    Options
    Haha - I'm actually a bit like that too. I thought I was just an insensitive bit*% but maybe Myers Briggs can out a different spin on it for me :)

I'm meeting a friend for an early dinner tonight. Not been out with her for ages - we've both been trying to be good and so have just been taking turns having coffee at each others houses. But, it's her birthday at the weekend, so we're going wild. Actually, we're not really going wild - we're having an early dinner as a fancy hotel close by does a special deal between 6 and 7. Top restaurant food but half the price of what it usually is. Result.

Also, we're planning to have a day trip in to London next Saturday (2nd) as our joint birthday gift to each other. Can't wait. We wont be buying anything but we'll have some nice lunch and some coffee stops as we mooch around all of the fancy shops.
  • Fortune_Smiles
    Options
    Plans sound fab Lulabelle. Have a great time.

Fortune x
    Mortgage: 86% paid Mortgage Neutral: 100% Emergency Fund: 100%
    A Better View 🌄 'Being on the edge isn't as safe, but the view is better' - Ricky Gervais
  • lulabelle1
    Options
    Thanks Fortune, I guessed that this would be right up your street!
  • lulabelle1
    Options
    Whoop Whoop!

I organised my car insurance with Sainsbury (via Quidco) in May and it has just finally been confirmed today. So, that's £50 in the next payment run.

I can't believe how long it took for it to be paid but I'm happy that it finally has been.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure