Countdown to Freedom

Options

Comments

• Watty1
    Watty1 Posts: 4,998 Forumite
    Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    I am going to grudgely defend a supermarket (don't all yell at once). Popped into village to go to post and thought would get a nice fresh green chilli and some celery to add to the goulash stew thingummy going in the slow cooker. And as a bonus would support local greengrocer. 75 p per chilli :eek: Celery £2 :eek: I really feel for those who have to use the village to shop! I remembered why I stopped!
    Made it to mortgage free but what a muddle that became

In the event the proverbial hits the fan then co-habitees are better stashing their cash than being mortgage free !!
  • boultdj
    boultdj Posts: 5,312 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    greent wrote: »
    ETA: I'm now up to the bit where woolly minds and menopause are talked about (sorry Ed) (although am still unclear as to how GG confused sheep and cows?!?!) and think that's where I'm at now - am *only* 44 but I had a hysterectomy almost 5 years ago (partial only - ovaries were left intact) and think I can tick off every (applicable) m-pausal symptom going! (that's my excuse, anyway - and I'm sticking to it/QUOTE]
    Karmacat wrote: »
    In my world too :)

My mind never went woolly at the dreaded event - I've always been terrible at detail, so nothing changed :D

Oh dear! I'v got a mind like a seive at the best of times, having just syarted the M, I gather it can only get worse:eek:, think I might have picked the wrong time to start my own business.............
    £71.93/ £180.00
  • Karmacat
    Karmacat Posts: 39,460 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    You'll be fine :rotfl::j and good for you for starting your own business!
    2023: the year I get to buy a car
  • boultdj
    Options
    Thanks Karma, been busy spending money on nice bath towel's to cover thursday's client's with, seeing as I'm a mucky pup with the oils and get the towel's as well as the person.:o
    £71.93/ £180.00
  • Karmacat
    Karmacat Posts: 39,460 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Ooh, lovely business, though! I bet your hands love that oil - I know mine would :)
    2023: the year I get to buy a car
  • boultdj
    Options
    Yes they do, and they smell lovely if the client want's an aromatherapy rather than just a basic...mmmmm.........rose,ylang ylang & jasmin.......
    £71.93/ £180.00
  • Tilly_MFW_in_6_YRS
    Options
    Ooooh, now you've got me wondering whether I can afford a masage but that comes under entertainment pot and it's empty :eek: I will need to remind myself that the do we are going to, is instead of any personal 'treats'

Hi Watty, I think that's where the discounters have it made. They have volume purchasing power but overall, accepted margins are less than the big 4, whereas your local village store doesn't have the purchasing power and need to make a profit :(

I've had a thoroughly good busy day. Have finished work and off to give DS advice on making the filling for dinner.

Night all, Tilly x x
    2004 £387k 29 years - MF March 2033:eek:
    2011 £309k 10 years - MF March 2021.
    Achieved Goal: 28/08/15 :j
  • boultdj
    Options
    We are a little collection, and this month we've got a BOGOF on all therapies, to be used before the end of January [evil,tempting grin]:D your more than welcome to come visit the east midland's and have a treat.
    £71.93/ £180.00
  • greent
    greent Posts: 10,671 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic
    Options
    boultdj wrote: »
    Yes they do, and they smell lovely if the client want's an aromatherapy rather than just a basic...mmmmm.........rose,ylang ylang & jasmin.......

When I used to do massages the house always smelt lovely (and was always clean and tidy downstairs at least - perhaps I should start doing it again!:rotfl:) My hands never needed any handcream :) I loved blending oils to suit each client's needs. I had dark coloured heavyweight towels and found they always had to be thoroughly hot washed, ideally with soda crystals and vinegar, to keep the build up of oils in them to a minimum. ANd then they needed fluffing in the dryer. Both of which are Not good for the electricity bill!:eek:
    I am the master of my fate; I am the captain of my soul
    Repaid mtge early (orig 11/25) 01/09 £124616 01/11 £89873 01/13 £52546 01/15 £12133 07/15 £NIL
    Net sales 2024: £20
  • Tilly_MFW_in_6_YRS
    Options
    I'm not listening, I'm not listening, I'm not listening :shhh:

I think I may challenge myself to create enough money per month to fund a massage :) I guess that could be surveys, eb@y etc. I won't use CP, S&S, PC as that money is either for direct OPs or a meal before our vacation starts.

As we tightened our belts again to make aure we can be MF next year, I've cut cash for massage treats - am beginning to think that was a mistake.

OK, where are we today. DS has left over fajitas for lunch and managed to eat three last night - he is growing like a weed at the moment. Mr T comes home tonight and I'm cooking toad in the hole - given the grey, wet day it is, we'll all apprciate a bit of stodge.

23p Tilly Tidied to MOS. Another YG survey in the bag. Under 1000 points to payout. Unlikely to achieve that this year but hopefully early next.

I need to do a H@lifax shuffle later on - will OP.

I'm in the office today and looking forward to catching up with a girlfriend for a cup of tea. Coffee is 4 x the price of a cup of tea :eek:

This evening will find me updating the spending diary with latest receipts then checking off CC and bank accounts. There are not many at all :T

I'd best carry on and get ready for work.

Best wishes Tilly
    2004 £387k 29 years - MF March 2033:eek:
    2011 £309k 10 years - MF March 2021.
    Achieved Goal: 28/08/15 :j
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills