MSE News: Supermarkets cut petrol prices

This is the discussion thread for the following MSE News Story:

"Supermarkets are reducing the price of petrol, in one case to its lowest level since February ..."
Read the full story:
Supermarkets cut petrol prices

OfficialStamp.gif

Comments

• There's an error in the article. Asda diesel max of 136.9 down from highest of 127.3?!
  • Tesco in Kidderminster have just put theirs UP to 140.9. Robbing gits!
    "There are not enough superlatives in the English language to describe a 'Princess Coronation' locomotive in full cry. We shall never see their like again". O S Nock
  • Swipe
    Swipe Posts: 5,085 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Damn, just filled up at Sainsburys @£1.36 for diesel. Should have waited until tomorrow :(
  • astgte
    astgte Posts: 44 Forumite
    Our local stores are already selling for the last week or so diesel at £137.9, nearest Asda was already £137.9, nearest BP is £137.9, dont think i'll book a holiday on the savings. Nearest Asda is about 14 miles away anyway.
  • rdwarr
    rdwarr Posts: 6,159 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker Photogenic
    Two weeks ago an Asda petrol station opened in our town. Now petrol/diesel is about 5ppl cheaper everywhere :)
    Can I help?
  • Pincher
    Pincher Posts: 6,552 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    I filled up last Thursday for 136.9p for diesel.

Sainsburys on A41 near Watford, up the road from Costco.

On the one roundabout, there is a Shell, an ASDA, and Sainsburys. There used to be a BP, but they tore it down. Must be competition at work
  • davidgmmafan
    davidgmmafan Posts: 1,459 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    What I really want to see is a story entitled Government cuts petrol prices. There are rises planned for next year I think... What planet are these people on? It does confuse me somewhat that there is such a clamour for the government to do something about energy prices (when they've sold off any influence they may have had) and precious little about petrol where tax is the major part of the price?

And also why is it that its worth checking if capital gains tax raises money when you increase it yet the same doesn't apply to petrol? I'm not just looking at this from a selfish perspective surely the costs to business must be crippling?

I accept that gas and electricity is more essential but I bet a lot of people spend more on petrol than gas and electricity.
    Mixed Martial Arts is the greatest sport known to mankind and anyone who says it is 'a bar room brawl' has never trained in it and has no idea what they are talking about.
  • robbies_gal
    robbies_gal Posts: 7,895 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    i agree about the government why arent they doing something about it

anyway i have 2 petrol coupons for tesco so shall be using them tomorrow
    What goes around-comes around
  • Hammyman
    Hammyman Posts: 9,913 Forumite
    Petrol here has gone up 2p/l. Is this some kind of sick joke?
  • 128p for petrol but 136.7p for diesel how is this cheaper? Only if you are running a petrol car!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure