We'd like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum. This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are - or become - political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

Santander are now refunding interest payments on Cahoot flexible loan's

Options

Comments

• Sunny57
    Options
    I received the standard knock back letter fairly quickly - just over four weeks. They cite Clause 13 and enclose a shabby photocopy of the T/C dated June 2006, however I still have the original booklet and Clause 13 in my booklet (dated Oct 2003) relates to the use of a card/cheque book. Surely this applies to all of us who opened the account pre 2006? I have attached copies of this to my FOS forms and eagerly await the adjudication of mine and all others. This loan has been a thorn in my side for too long and I just hope the FOS find in our favour.
  • Sleepygirl2092
    Options
    Cell wrote: »
    Still no letter.

The cheque must be so big that it needs the CEO's sign off:rotfl:

My dates are exactly the same as yours Cell and still no letter for me either. I wish they would get as move on as my FOS complaint is all filled and waiting to go :D
  • emmapurple
    emmapurple Posts: 26 Forumite
    Options
    sorry fos not fsa my mistake i got muddled with another complaint that i sent to fsa but in this instance i think its only the financial ombudsman service you need
  • Denza
    Denza Posts: 136 Forumite
    Options
    Sunny57 wrote: »
    I received the standard knock back letter fairly quickly - just over four weeks. They cite Clause 13 and enclose a shabby photocopy of the T/C dated June 2006, however I still have the original booklet and Clause 13 in my booklet (dated Oct 2003) relates to the use of a card/cheque book. Surely this applies to all of us who opened the account pre 2006? I have attached copies of this to my FOS forms and eagerly await the adjudication of mine and all others. This loan has been a thorn in my side for too long and I just hope the FOS find in our favour.

I have an older copy also and it is Clause 15 there (if I recall) but the text is the same as Clause 13 in the tatty copy they kindly provide with their one-stop-shop rejection letters.

From this thread at least the FOS appear to adjudicate in favour of the claimants. To date.
  • Hurtle
    Hurtle Posts: 11 Forumite
    Options
    I have received the standard knock back letter today... well I say I received it, actually my son received it!:eek:

It was addressed to him, not me. We don't share first or middle names and if it was his loan he would have been age 11 when he took it out :rotfl:

He does have a bank account with Santander, that he doesn't use, but he isn't connected to my complaint in any way.

These people are totally incompetent if they can't even reply to the person that made the complaint
  • Cell
    Cell Posts: 580 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    No letter STILL!

12 weeks and counting...
  • wensleydaleuk
    Options
    Cell - Do you still have the loan? I am still waiting for a letter as well, 11 weeks and counting for me. My loan was paid off around 4 years ago and I'm just wondering if they are dealing with their current customers first, plus of course large parts of that standard letter wouldn't apply.
  • MHO_2
    MHO_2 Posts: 53 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    I've just spoke to Santander and asked them to send me dates, balances and rate rises, and they were happy to do so.

I've had a knockback letter too, i especially like the paragraph
    " the interest rate ultimately charged was in line with other flexible variable rate loans on the market"

That is my point at the point of the rate rises, the loan was no longer a flexible product!!! Letter to FOS will be sent shortly.
  • emmapurple
    emmapurple Posts: 26 Forumite
    edited 16 April 2012 at 11:22AM
    Options
    Wensleydaleuk, i paid my loan off last year and recieved the standard rejection letter on friday of last week after an eight week wait, so not sure they are dealing in any organised fashion at all. I have sent my FOS form off and have pointed out that the rejection letter is standard and not all of it applies.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 344.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.4K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450.2K Spending & Discounts
  • 236.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.6K Life & Family
  • 249K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback