PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

Daily Saturday 29th

Options

Comments

• taplady
    taplady Posts: 7,184 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    morning!

not caught up with yesterdays thread yet.

JackieO - gather you've had a rough time - hoe you're soon up and running again x x

Redruby - take it easy and hope you're soon better x x

Bitsy - hope DH isn't too sore today x x

esmf - good luck with your busy morning x x

I made myself do the ironing before turning the laptop on today:D:A

have washed the dog bedding and tidied up also mopped kitchen floor due to a little parcel I found there this morning:cool:

Molly - glad Poppy is on the mend x
    I have entered little Louie in a contest in a local paper - Pet Idol:D dont expect he'll do any good but thought it would be a laugh. I had to send a few wordsin about him along with a photo - I sent the one of him when we caught him stealing strawberries out of the garden - caught red-handed he was with one in this mouth:D

Work later for me untill 10pm plus I have to take DS2 into work first as he's doing overtime.

Thanks for the reminders re putting the clocks back - I'd forgotten:o:D

have a lovely weekend all x
    Do what you love :happyhear
  • flutterbyuk25
    Options
    Hello all

(((hugs))) to those in need.
    Bitsy - hope MrBitsy is ok x

I'm still in Sydney, having a fab time now. The first two days it was a bit miserable weather wise, and i wasn't feeling too well so didn't click with the city. But yday was the best day ever and it's hot and sunny now so I love it!!! :D

For those of you who didn't see my FB yday, I went to a wildlife park and petted koalas and fed kangeroos. And then in the evening I went to see a local band play in a gig, and the lead singer was Craig McLachlan (who was Henry in Neighbours in the 80s!!!!) :j:j:j I got to meet him, have a chat and get my pic taken with him, totally made my trip :rotfl: Pics are uploading to FB as i type.

I've got one more day in Sydney before flying to Melbourne on Monday. Only there for 3 days before flying to New Zealand to see my friend :D.

Bye

xx
    * Rainbow baby boy born 9th August 2016 *

* Slimming World follower (I breastfeed so get 6 hex's!) *
  • Kitchenbunny
    Options
    Morning everyone,

Well this morning has been fairly productive so far - up at 7:45am and slowly woke up and did a few bits and pieces. Then, when fully awake, I've been to the shops, cleared a mountain of washing up and another of ironing! I've tried on a dress I found in the wardrobe and had forgotten about and it will be perfect for the Christmas party, and then my magazine subscription arrived with a freebie nail varnish on the front in the most perfect matching colour! I've still got more cleaning to do today, and mealplanning and a shopping list to write for next week so there's still plenty to do. For now I'm having a sit down and watching the F1 qualifying from earlier. :)

(((hugs))) to those in need.
    Bitsy - hope Mr Bitsy is OK

Have a lovely day, everyone!

KB xx
    Trying for daily wins, and a little security in an insecure world.
  • Butterfly_Brain
    Options
    Morning All

Seems to be brightening up so I have some washing ready to go on the line.
    DH and DS are sorting out the loft today and DD is going down to her BF's, they have been invited to four halloween parties tonight and can't decide which one to go to.

I have the Christmas cake to make today so DD won't go until she has a stir and makes a wish - it is an old family tradition I said that I wasn't going to bother making a cake this year and the horror on their faces made me decide to make one.

Apart from that I need to catch up on the aran cardigan that I am knitting for DH.

Bitsy ((((Hugs)))) for DH. I don't know how some of these people pass their driving tests.
    Have good days all x
    Blessed are the cracked for they are the ones that let in the light
    C.R.A.P R.O.L.L.Z. Member #35 Butterfly Brain + OH - Foraging Fixers
    Not Buying it 2015!
  • candygirl
    candygirl Posts: 29,455 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    edited 29 October 2011 at 12:00PM
    Options
    Morning all:D
    Had a fab night out at the Indian with bezzie mate, then went to the pub and there was a Harry Hill lookalike singing:rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:
    Am still in bed watching the Corrie omnibus and pmsl at dozey Rosie:rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:
    OS wise washing etc, but booger all else.Have no car till prob Mon or Tues so can't do much:mad::mad:
    We're off out tonight with some friends:beer::beer::beer:
    Anyway (((huggles))) to all in need esp BITSYS OH, JACKIE O etc:A
    "You can't stop the waves, but you can learn to surf"

(Kabat-Zinn 2004):D:D:D
  • Shalva
    Shalva Posts: 254 Forumite
    Options
    Just caught up with yesterdays thread......JackieO:eek:......glad to hear you are feeling better today....have a good rest this weekend.......

Very quiet here.....ds is home but has gone to girlfriends for shabbat...and will be home again early sunday when gf goes back to army. he is home until tues as is now doing 17 days in and then 4 off for the time being.

Everyone seems to have been very busy today.....I have been doing paper work with other half......a lot of it just seems to have been shuffled around into different piles but at the least the recycling bag is looking fuller.......

Roast chicken last night and think I will go make a pasta /brocalli [sp] dish with the left overs in a bit for lunch.........

Hope Mr Bitsy is feeling not to bad today...
    Have a great saturday all.......
  • his_missus
    his_missus Posts: 3,363 Forumite
    Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    Morning all! (just)

My, some of you were up early this morning. Managed a lie-in til 8.30am, even managed to get back to sleep after Hubby got up for work at 6am (It's overtime, every bit of money helps) Had a quick tidy up, changed the bedding (ready for that extra hour in bed tomorrow morning) and made some pizza dough for tea. We're looking after my 2 SILs today whilst MIL goes shopping, one is watching The Steps Doc we recorded for her and other is raiding my craft stash to make Christmas cards. A quiet night in planned for tonight.

Hope you have a lovely day, take care xx
  • Molly41
    Molly41 Posts: 4,919 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    taplady wrote: »
    Molly - glad Poppy is on the mend x
    I have entered little Louie in a contest in a local paper - Pet Idol:D dont expect he'll do any good but thought it would be a laugh. I had to send a few wordsin about him along with a photo - I sent the one of him when we caught him stealing strawberries out of the garden - caught red-handed he was with one in this mouth:D

I would love to see that picture either here or FB x
    I must not fear. Fear is the mind-killer.
    Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration.
    I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over and through me. When it has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path.
    When the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain.
  • Molly41
    Molly41 Posts: 4,919 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    CRANKY40 wrote: »
    p.s. Molly amongst our animal loving friends, the cone is known as the lampshade of shame :rotfl:

:rotfl::rotfl::rotfl: If only you could see her :eek::eek::eek: She can hardly lift her head off the floor and keeps bumping into things. It's a soft cone too so she really is making a big thing out of it.

Adelight - I have a Delonghi Dehumidifier and it is brilliant and really helps dry the washing. I think there are lower specs if you want to spend less.

Back from shopping and took a turn so in bed for an hour why Kids Dad watching Grand prix x
    I must not fear. Fear is the mind-killer.
    Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration.
    I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over and through me. When it has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path.
    When the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain.
  • cariad62
    Options
    Morning all,

Realy slow day so far but at least WM on and pan of parsnip and carrot soup made (just before they turned to mush in the 'fridge!)

OH picked up M&S meal deal for dinner - not very OS but out first weekend at home alone for ages so we fancied a treat and its cheaper that the Iandian or Italian we first considered.

I can't post or catch up a often as I'd like as DD2 has my lap top after hers 'broke' so I have to wait for Oh to come home from work so I can use his.

Went out last night with work, one of my friends retired at the age of 38 due to MS so it was her leaving do. She has struggled to come to terms with leaving work at this age but has accepted it is best for her and her children, who are still young and take a lot of time and energy even when someone is in the best of health. I really admire how she has coped with the ups and downs of the condition as well as a divorce and money worries, I don't know if I would be as strong.

Lots of positive vibes to all who are poorly or worried.

Jan xx
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport