PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

Daily Saturday 29th

Options

Comments

• esmf73
    esmf73 Posts: 1,784 Forumite
    Options
    Rant alert!!!!

GRRR 2 wet beds including duvets, house a total bombsite and OH in bed poorly. GRRRRR I need a fairy godmother. Cat2 still has squits - since June (possibly due to grief - apparently cats grieve,) and last night went in the dining room in my dresser - and weed on the wooden floor. He is seriously asking to be taken to the vets and not come back. So have put BOTH cats out today. Dog 2 is chewing coal - don't ask me why, and d!!! is curled up on the chair. WM on and am about to dive into the freezer to see what I can haul out for tea tonight. Will get a chicken out for tomorrows lunch too. Have some rhubarb there so will treat kids to rhubarb crumble and custard (bashed tin from Mr T).

When have done all this, will treat myself and pop out to hobbycraft!! Enjoy
    2014 will be all about ME!
    ( well that hasn't happened!!!)
    Mortgage free. Will be debt free in Nov 2014. Credit card £250
  • adelight
    adelight Posts: 2,658 Forumite
    Options
    esmf73 what a morning :eek:
    jackieo hope you are okay today after your rough time at the hospital
    catsmith hope you get some sleep soon.

Morning all, have had a bit of a lie in compared to the usual 6ams but couldn't get back to sleep so i'm up. OH is ill again, got sent home from work yesterday to go NHS walk-in- apparently it was only a matter of time before he got a bladder infection after having a catheter.
    Did 2 loads of washing yesterday and need to do another today. I've sourced Asda for the cheapes tnew duvets, pillows and sheets. I don't know how deep the mould is in my current ones and it would be a lot more expensive to have them cleaned than buy new ones.
    Do you think there is a way to take out the stuffing and wash that/spray with mould spray to use it in crafts?
    Must decide on a dehumidifier today, if anyone has any recommendations please let me know. I don't want to spend £100 and have it not work, and the problem is definitely too big for the sheets or mini ones :(
    Living cheap in central London :rotfl:
  • Moorhen
    Moorhen Posts: 964 Forumite
    First Anniversary
    Options
    Morning all,

Looks lovely and autumnal outside, not sure that washing will dry though, it seemed to get wetter during the time it was outside yesterday!

JackieO, hope you are feeling better, you gave us quite a scare.

Emsf, hope things get better for you.

Today I need to do a bit of local shopping. We have MIL staying for the weekend and my parents are coming over tomorrow for a big family lunch, really looking forward to it as it doesn't happen as often as it should.

Have a lovely day everyone.:)
  • Bitsy_Beans
    Bitsy_Beans Posts: 9,640 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Morning everyone.

Gonna be a busy day here. Got to vac, more washing to sort out, got a friend coming at 11am to pick up her DDs birthday cake I've made. also got the police coming this morning to take a statement off H as he was knocked off his motorbike yesterday :mad: he's only had this one 3 weeks and stupid cow decided to turn left in front of him from them middle of 3 lanes. she told my H that she does this all the time round this particular roundabout :eek::eek::eek: anyway he's got lots of bruising and feels like he's had the !!!! kicked out of him but other than that he's OK. So I'll also be running round after him today too.

Gonna be a baking day, have a pumpkin cake tin I want to make a cake from and ice for Mondays little Halloween party.

Any way had better get a move on, no shower yet so don't want to be in jim jams when copper arrive :eek:

Cat hugs for you, are you worrying about stuff?? Hope you sleep tonight xx

Esmf enjoy Hobbycraft

Hugs and spoons all round. Have a good day OS or not.
    I have a gift for enraging people, but if I ever bore you it'll be with a knife :D Louise Brooks
    All will be well in the end. If it's not well, it's not the end.
    Be humble for you are made of earth. Be noble for you are made of stars
  • pollys
    pollys Posts: 1,756 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker Mortgage-free Glee!
    Options
    Morning

Hugs to those that need them, sounds like a busy day for most of us. I'm up early to drop DH off in town. He is going to the races with a local club he is a member off, will be a boozy, expensive day but he is worth it. Off to another town with DD we are going shoe shopping, she will be looking at killer heels I'll be looking at the sensible (boring according to DD) option.

Have a lovely day whatever your plans.

Pollys x
    MFW 1/5/08 £45,789 Cleared mortgage 1/02/13
    Weight loss challenge. At target weight.
  • bargainbird
    bargainbird Posts: 3,771 Forumite
    edited 29 October 2011 at 8:51AM
    Options
    Morning

Y'day
    FW - Good luck for hearing x
    Molly - Hope poppy dog is ok and DS got through his session xx
    JG - Nice to see you posting :Dxx
    JO :eek: Hope your ok xx
    Bitsy - :eek: OMG stupid woman :mad: - Hope he's ok xx

Had a busy day y'day DH had earned a day off so we all went into the new shops that have opened, we've now got a lakeland :j, but didn't go in (too tempting), we also have paperchase :j did go in there and spotted this for the cold winter mornings in the school playground, so thats on my b'day list ;). took the kids to feed the ducks, went to the library to get some DVD's and books then came home.

Need to swap DVD player the one downstairs makes an odd noise and no longer works :mad:.

Today is mission sort/straighten the house/garden. Have umpteen loads of washing to do.

Hope you all have lovely days xx
    You know your getting old when you
    go to the pub sit outside
    and admire the hanging basket :cool:
    Is officially 48% tight :D
  • redruby
    redruby Posts: 7,317 Forumite
    Options
    Morning all,

Well what ever illness has been flirting with me all week, hit me like a ton of bricks yesterday afternoon, everything is aching, my throat is sore, and my chest is really tight, and I have one hell of a cough, the worst thing is I had been to see my dad yesterday before I felt too bad, so I just hope he doesn't get it :(

Dad was very well but starving, and whan his lunch came it was like a childs portion, my dad had always had such a good appetite, I have spoken to mum about it,and we will speak to the home and ask them to give him extra, in the meantime we will take him some extra bits in, (I had made cakes yesterday, and he had two).

Back to today, I have a wash on, and some trousers soaking in the utility sink, will get OH to put these on the line, fold yesterdays washing and I think that will do me for the day, will have a day of sofa / bed and see if I feel better.

Steak sandwich for dinner OH will cook it.

Have good days all, xx

Jackie O make sure you rest xx
  • jannyannie
    Options
    Morning all

CAt there is nothing as frustrating as insomnia, hope you get some sleep soon

JackieO make sure you rest, how scary

Bitsy hope your OH is ok.

Slept quite well last night, that's 2 nights in a row and now feel a bit more motivated and together. Need to get my act together as we're having a Halloween party for the kids today. Will make some cakes in a bit. Weather is looking lovely here and we have some sun. Tea tonight is sausages in a bun and party food.

Big hugs to all who need one. Have a good day all

Jan x
  • CRANKY40
    CRANKY40 Posts: 5,770 Forumite
    Debt-free and Proud! Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Good morning and hugs to those who need them

JackieO stop scaring us!

Bitsy hope MrBitsy isn't too sore. Whiplash (not the kind relating to HH) usually starts the day after an accident and hurts a lot so keep an eye out for that.

The house elf and I are going to his friend's birthday party at a bowling alley today. He normally gets bored of bowling after 30 minutes, so 2 hours could be interesting....

This afternoon I will be cleaning and there is some washing that needs doing. No rush for the washing - it will be going in the drier. The skies overhead are black this morning. I'd like to do a bit more knitting too - I'm making the elf an aran jumper. This winter is going to be a cold one methinks.

Take care all of you.

p.s. Molly amongst our animal loving friends, the cone is known as the lampshade of shame :rotfl:
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 17,413 Forumite
    First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    Thank you all so much for your kind wishes I am having a very quiet 'take it easy ' week-end and no shopping as my eldest DD is going to get any bits I need this afternoon.So its 'feet up and slow down a bit' it will if nothing else keep my tribe happy, although I know I will get 'cabin fever' by Sunday afternoon, but I am going to DDs as per usual then for Dinner.
    I have all the washing spread around the house on airers as it looks very damp and misty at the moment outside so I can get stuff dried indoors for a change and nothing that is needed urgently anyway, so I'm not even going to get the iron out.I shall put my feet up and have a read and maybe watch some t.v. I have Downton Abbey to watch on catch-up this evening plus Doc Martin both programmes I enjoy .
    I hope everyone has a good week-end and maybe the weather will brighten up for you all.
    Cheers chums JackieO xx
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport