PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

Daily Saturday 29th

Daily Saturday 29th October
Hi, this is the Daily Thread for Saturday 29th October. This is an “over the garden fence” type thread where we chat about everything Old Style and maybe a little bit more. It’s a great, inspiring and motivating thread we start each day to discuss what Old Style things we’re going to do today or what we’ve achieved already. Everyone’s welcome, please do come in, put your feet up (although check the fence hasn’t just been painted first!) and join us for an Old Style natter. The more the merrier!

As this is the
Old Style Board, it would be appreciated if posts could include some Old Style content. Please be aware that many people may have small screens, or slow internet connections, so please don’t post large pictures, or clip art – links are preferred.

When you make a post, if you feel like giving it a title, that will help others that don’t have the time to read everything skim through the thread quickly but if not it's not a problem. Please do not start a new daily thread before you go to bed at night because this often leaves things confusing with two daily threads live at the same time. The idea is that a member would start each new daily thread after they get up in the morning.

Some people who chat here like to try to answer everyone. Don’t feel you have to though, a general “hi everyone, hope everyone’s well” type start does just as well.

GC Oct £87.07/£200
GC Mar 13 £47.36/£150

Comments

• cat_smith
    cat_smith Posts: 1,258 Forumite
    Morning all. This is getting to be a bad habit.

Hope everone slept better than me and gets up raring to go. I'm sitting with a book and trying to stop the hound waking up DH.
    GC Mar 13 £47.36/£150
  • esmf73
    esmf73 Posts: 1,784 Forumite
    Cat - goodness you are up early twice on the trot. Hope you manage to get a bit of sleep later.

Heard OH coughing (he slept in the sitting room) so got up and put him back in bed - this means I'm up for the day though! Dogs still sleeping, so, I think, are the kids. OH has chest infection but has antibiotics from Dr.

Today plan to put up curtain rails in conservatory - then I can make curtains next week, change position of TV so we're all gathered around the fire and generally clean and tidy the house - its a real mess - all cos I was away for a night! Fire needs a proper good clean out and if the weather holds I ought to cut the grass. Last cut of the summer (!!!!).

Anyway, hugs to those in need and have a great Saturday everyone.
    2014 will be all about ME!
    ( well that hasn't happened!!!)
    Mortgage free. Will be debt free in Nov 2014. Credit card £250
  • Morning all,

Got up at 4-30 saw OH off to work. Cleaned fire and re-lit and WM is on. We're on Econ 7 so I always have the WM on before 7am :-).

OH only working until dinner time today then a drive across fields of farm to gather up some more logs and maybe find an apple tree or two :-)

Hope everyone is warm and well
    Women who suffer from Domestic Violence are not victims.... They are survivors....

There are many strong women out there... Dont just admire them... BE ONE OF THEM ;)
  • Molly41
    Molly41 Posts: 4,919 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    edited 29 October 2011 at 7:21AM
    Good Morning x
    Cat - you have my sympathies as I am an insomniac too and there are quite a few of us on this thread so you are in good company :eek::eek::eek:

Jackie O - hope you are feeling better today. Remember to rest up x

Bitsy - huge hugs to you x

Again, thank you for the support with Pops. She is still feeling very sorry for herself but that is due to having to wear a head collar. The vet's said that she was not bothered by the wound but once home it was a different matter. So on went the head collar and out came the Metacam.

Back to OS for me today. Im going shopping at Waitrose with Kids Dad as we have a 10% off shop voucher and Im getting very cross with Tesc0. The last 3 on-line shops have been badly packed and very shoddy so I'm boycotting them for a few weeks (well until they send me a money off voucher to return) ! Then I plan to make Pumpkin Pie with my able assistant (DS2) for my Mum as she absolutely loves it and we have Pumpkin in abundance :T:T:T

Hope you all have a good day x
    I must not fear. Fear is the mind-killer.
    Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration.
    I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over and through me. When it has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path.
    When the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain.
  • Hardup_Hester
    Hardup_Hester Posts: 4,800 Forumite
    edited 29 October 2011 at 7:26AM
    Morning all
    I have DGD who is 10 months old here for the day today so I got most of my housework done yesterday as I'll get nothing done today, lol. I just need to move any stuff that is at crawl/walk level & then I'm ready for her.
    Yesterday I used up the rest of the apples I was given, I made 4 crumbles, 6 pots of stewed appled & 6 jars of apple & chilli jelly. Tomorrow I'm cooking a chicken & a piece of ham, they should provide the basis of next weeks meals along with hubbies sarnies for the week. I'm aiming for a cheap month to recoup some of the house spends, £1000 for the roof & £240 for a dishwasher! Woohoo, I've just made £6.40 on Ebay, I'm really pleased about this because yesterday I spent £5.60, lol.
    Have a good day everyone.
    Hugs Hester

Never let success go to your head, never let failure go to your heart.
  • Islandmaid
    Islandmaid Posts: 6,504 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    Morning all,

I,m laying in bed with OH soundo beside me and various cats laid over us, our boy cat not impressed that I am paying the Ipad more attention than him:rotfl:

Finally our woodburner is being replaced today:j:T:T been without for a couple of months, didn,t matter at first, but now I cant wait to snuggle up in front of it and not pay Mr Gasman to be warm:cool:

Off to help MIL with Church Jumble this morning, will put Tamerind Beef in SC before I go - this is our last weekend with Sky TV so will check out any films tonight that we particularly want to watch.

Have a fab day all xx
    Note to self - STOP SPENDING MONEY !!

£300/£130
  • jc2703
    jc2703 Posts: 1,780 Forumite
    Morning (I think?? It is sooooo dark here!)

Clock's go back to night so hopefully we'll have a little more light on a morning for a while.

Need to book next weeks shopping delivery, meal plan for w/c 5th, help DS plan his shopping for the week and go with him later today. Also have a mystery shop to do and have to pick up a pumpkin. DH at work all day, home for a couple of hours then working again tonight to the early hours so it will be mostly just me and DD. I might try and get my hair done today too - I'm visiting head office in london on Tuesday and really could do with a hair cut and some colour!

I feel like we have 'stuff' everywhere at the minute and its making me feel a bit claustraphobic so need to make some inroads into that too at some point over the weekend

Have a good day all x
    Climbing back on the OS wagon after a short vacation to Recklessness
    Quit Smoking 08/06/09
  • monnagran
    monnagran Posts: 5,284 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker
    Good Morning.

I've not had time to go through yesterday's post so have no idea what you have all been up to. Hope to be back to normal by Monday.

Finished the magazine at some stupid hour, would have been OK but the Vicaress had 3 sets of visitors at the same time. One had an appointment with her but I had to entertain the other 2 lots until she was free. So I've not printed, collated or stapled yet. Somehow have to fit that in before 12.00. I've forgiven her though because she went to the Cash and Carry and brought me back 5 kilos of chicken breasts for £20. I had to clear the fridge because didn't have time to sort them out for freezing. That will have to be done today sometime.

That's my news for the day. Haven't been downstairs yet so I'm off now to have an injection of caffeine and make some cheese scones and a cake or two for the coffee morning. Hope they will be done by 10.00am.

Have a good day everyone.
    I believe that friends are quiet angels
    Who lift us to our feet when our wings
    Have trouble remembering how to fly.
  • Cheapskate
    Cheapskate Posts: 1,757 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Morning all you early birds! Didn't get up until 6 today - late for me, but then it is Saturday! :D

Got to do food shopping, then to work for about 11, not home until about 4. Hope to carve pumpkin with DS (4) tonight or tomorrow, and make sloe gin tonight.

Not much washing to do, but loads of ironing lurking - going to try and get that done tonight as well, so we can have a bit of weekend tomorrow!

Have a good Saturday, folks, hugs and kisses all round.

A xxoo
    Jan 2021 GC £11.70/£300
    2021 mission declutter& clean 53/2021
    Jan NSD 7/31
  • sistercas
    sistercas Posts: 4,803 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary Debt-free and Proud!
    morning all

i slept on the sofa last night as DH snores so loud when he has had a drink, and actually i didnt sleep too badly

having my hair cut this morning , so ill drop DD1 at work on the way

big pile of ironing to do

money is very tight as there are several family birthdays in november including DD1's 18th , so i am going to have to juggle things really well to keep afloat :cool:

sausage and mash for tea

have a good weekend XX

DONT FORGET THE CLOCKS GO BACK TONIGHT
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills