Forum Home» Old Style MoneySaving

November 2011 - Grocery Challenge - Page 56

New Post Advanced Search
Important update! We have recently reviewed and updated our Forum Rules and FAQs. Please take the time to familiarise yourself with the latest version.

November 2011 - Grocery Challenge

edited 26 October 2011 at 5:52PM in Old Style MoneySaving
1.1K replies 90.7K views

Replies

• NSD today.
    Grocery aim £450pm.Spent £519 August, £584 July, £544 June, £541 May, £549 April, £517 March, £517 Feb,£555 Jan, £573 Dec, £465Nov, £561Oct, £493Sept, £426Aug,£496 Jul, £528Jun, £506May,£498April, £558 March, £500Feb, £500 Jan, £490 Dec, £555 Nov,£566 Oct, £505Sept, £450Aug, £410 July, £437 June, £491 May, £471 April, £440 March, £552Feb, £462Jan
  • edited 11 November 2011 at 8:49PM
    SpikyHedgehogSpikyHedgehog Forumite
    1K posts
    Ninth Anniversary Combo Breaker
    ✭✭✭
    edited 11 November 2011 at 8:49PM
    Used more than anticipated in the bus fare fund this week (DS1 needed money for a Spanish revision guide, DS2 needed money for a school theatre performance...) so I needed some cash & couldn't get to the bank. Couldn't get any money till after Scouts committee meeting, so went in T3scos Express & got a bag of bananas - fruit is needed for tomorrow, so that's good - 3 pots of mincemeat at 30p each on buy 2 get 1 free, so that's ok... & a choccie bar :o much needed after committee meeting. Another £2.37 spent.
    C.R.A.P.R.O.L.L.Z #37 - waterproof wearing cage customiser, chief of cable ties and duct tape

It's me, DS1 (24), DS2 (16), and the lurcher.
  • sproggisproggi Forumite
    1.6K posts
    Debt-free and Proud!
    A NSD for me :)

Sproggi
    'We can get over being poor, but it takes longer to get over being ignorant'
    Jane Sequichie Hifler
    Beware of little expenses.A small leak will sink a great ship
    Benjamin Franklin
  • chewy62chewy62 Forumite
    192 posts
    Hi! Can you please put me down for £200 for the rest of November? Haven't been keeping track very well but need to work to a budget to be able toafford a turkey?:T
    Sept. grocery challenge = £500 (221.60 so far!;))
  • 666paw666paw Forumite
    332 posts
    More spends for me of 23.27 so I am now over target. I'm currently at 238.93 so that's 13.93 over.

Probably will have to get milk and some fruit. I'm not buying any veg at the moment as using what i'm growing and what i've frozen from earlier in the season. Just need to meal pan better and then stick to it.

MFI3 T3 # 75
  • Important update! We have recently reviewed and updated our Forum Rules and FAQs. Please take the time to familiarise yourself with the latest version.
  • quintwinsquintwins Forumite
    5.2K posts
    ✭✭✭✭
    ds is still sick but i think could prob go back to school tomorrow, breakfast was toast and lunch will be soup, i couldn't decide what to have for dinner (i know i should really do a meal plan but the thought of digging threw my freezer fills me with dread) so i lifted the first thing i found in my freezer and then decided to do something with that so sausage casarole it is, i need to go to next later to collect an order today should be a nsd but it's right beside a tesco so if they have good whoopsies i will grab some :)
    OCT GC £196.12/£200
  • edited 10 November 2011 at 10:04AM
    ebayqueen_2ebayqueen_2 Forumite
    1.2K posts
    edited 10 November 2011 at 10:04AM
    Well now yesterday I said I wouldn't put my foot back in a shop this week .... well last night I had to take my daughter to get some shoes in large shopping centre. There was a Sainsbugs nearby and I thought whilst I was there I would get some dishwasher tabs that were on special offer at £4.99 Fairy Platinum (best ones I have ever used).

Massive amount of whoopsied bran oat loaf, doughnuts, croissants, baquettes, bloomers :), sausage rolls, cherry and almond buns (oh my goodness delicious), bags of courgettes, bags of kiwis.

Also got nice coffee cake and mince pies which were on offer for my mam who I will visit at the weekend. She loves sainsbugs mince pies but she lives about 30 miles from her nearest store so she will like this. This saves me stopping enroute on Saturday to buy something to take with me.

Whilst there got some dry cat food and skimmed milk and only spent £15.64 plus £4.99 for the dishwasher tablets. All would have cost £35.61. So freezer full to the brim so can't buy any more even if I wanted too!!!!!

All in all a sensible move as I was printed a £7.50 of £50 shop valid until the end of next week. So no As*a delivery needed as I can pop in and use this. Also got double nectar points on fuel voucher too plus some money off cupboard offers. Its a long time since I have shopped there so this must be the reason I got so many vouchers. Happy days as they say around here!!!!! :):):)

So I say it again. I will not be in a shop until next Monday!!!!!! :):):)

Will update signature shortly

Take care all

Compbunny.....thinking about you. Its tough when those who were so strong become so vulnerable. x
    "You are never too old to set another goal or to dream a new dream" :) C. S. Lewis
  • Sorry for being such a late comer this month.

I have set my budget at £250.00 - for family of 5.

I've so far spent £130.37, leaving £119.63 until next pay day on 27.11.11.
  • I spent another 18.06 in Mr M yesterday buying veg , washing liquid, frozen pizzas for DD and her friend to have today, ice cream

I have to buy baby milk today and i can only get it in sainsburys so i will go after school and hopefully pick up some reduced meat as my supply in the freezer is running low. I cant remember the last time i bought meat full price
  • NimethNimeth Forumite
    286 posts
    Finally located last week's top up shop, I'm hip deep in filing and receipts atm so it got misplaced somehow. Spent £26.37 in A!di and then £1.20 in Morrison$ (I'm starting to wonder whether it would be worth taking out a subscription to Radio Times rather than purchase it every week?) So a total spend of £27.57 for this last week.

Don't know how I'm going to manage in the next couple of weeks, promised OH he could go to the German market in Birmingham soon, we're doing Thanksgiving dinner for some American expat friends and now OH has gone an eaten an entire stir fry packet sauce (that would have served 2-3 people) to himself for lunch. We're also low on cereal despite me buying a month's worth two weeks ago because he can't stop munching on it all day. How do I get him to stop doing that as I can't afford to keep adding more stuff onto my top up shops?
    Dec GC; £208.79/£220
    Save a life - Give Blood