PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

Vegan Store Cupboard Challenge

Options

Comments

• Viking_mfw
    Viking_mfw Posts: 580 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    Just made these gram flour mini quiches for lunch and they were delicious:
    http://powerhungry.com/2015/01/chickpea-flour-quiches-vegan-grain-free-gluten-free/

Posting here because I literally googled 'gram flour recipes' because for some reason we've been stockpiling the stuff!
  • pipkin71
    pipkin71 Posts: 21,821 Forumite
    Options
    Viking_mfw wrote: »
    Just made these gram flour mini quiches for lunch and they were delicious:
    http://powerhungry.com/2015/01/chickpea-flour-quiches-vegan-grain-free-gluten-free/

Posting here because I literally googled 'gram flour recipes' because for some reason we've been stockpiling the stuff!

They look lovely :)
    There is something delicious about writing the first words of a story. You never quite know where they'll take you - Beatrix Potter
  • K9sandFelines
    K9sandFelines Posts: 2,573 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic Combo Breaker
    edited 14 January 2018 at 5:27PM
    Options
    MandM90 wrote: »

Adjusting the next couple of weeks meal plans to include:

Bean chilli, with brown rice (cupboard)
    Lentil shepherds pie (spuds in cupboard) with peas/mixed veg
    Thai red curry and rice
    Edamame tom yam
    Tagine and cous cous
    Smoothies
    Veg burgers and wraps (with hm chips and salad)
    Sweet and sour tofu with rice/noodles
    Pizza

Could i have recipe for this please, or a link to the recipe? Not heard of it before.

Also, apologies for being absent. I started college and i am working aswell, so spare time is of the essence.
    GC £150 a month for food, toiletries and cleaning Jan £134.58 Feb £137.18 Mar £118.89 April £
    Forever learning the art of frugality
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    Good luck with college k9s:D..what are you doing?

Doing well still...made an artichoke, olive and cherry tomato tart with a lemon polenta crust served with a broccoli, maple glazed pecan and 'bacon' salad and scalloped potatoes. Nomnom :D the cherry tomatoes and artichokes were from tins and had been there for a while so I'm happy I cleared them! ;)

I'm going to make loaf of some description tonight...I had some passata left over so made red lentils with the leftovers, herbs and some stock....tastes lush and I have ground almonds in the fridge so will mix those together, see what else I need to add and that will be dinner sorted for tomorrow ;)
  • K9sandFelines
    Options
    Good luck with college k9s:D..what are you doing?

Doing well still...made an artichoke, olive and cherry tomato tart with a lemon polenta crust served with a broccoli, maple glazed pecan and 'bacon' salad and scalloped potatoes. Nomnom :D the cherry tomatoes and artichokes were from tins and had been there for a while so I'm happy I cleared them! ;)

I'm going to make loaf of some description tonight...I had some passata left over so made red lentils with the leftovers, herbs and some stock....tastes lush and I have ground almonds in the fridge so will mix those together, see what else I need to add and that will be dinner sorted for tomorrow ;)

Thanks Squirrelgirl. I am doing Animal Care (actually off at the mo with flu, which isnt good as I have to part pay for the course). Then I have mocks as of the 22nd of the month, so need to be better for then.

Your meals sound great. I haven'tbeen eating right or cooking properly (poor DD2 been left to her own devices). Looking foward to getting my appetite back, and finding the time to cook.
    GC £150 a month for food, toiletries and cleaning Jan £134.58 Feb £137.18 Mar £118.89 April £
    Forever learning the art of frugality
  • Wednesday2000
    Options

Very posh.:T
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    I've been away for a while!!:o

I'm got a huge suma order in recently so my cupboards are bursting at the seams with all sorts of lovely things - lots of pulses, grains and tomatoes ;) I've also got a full compliment of toiletries, laundry and cleaning products to last between 4-8 months (depending on the product ;))

I have plenty of herbs growing and salad leaves (not ready for a while) and I've got fruit on my berry bushes :D

I'm going to make meal plan based on freezer contents as well as the fridge and try to clear both so that they can be defrosted ;) I have so many food options it's crazy really but I need a plan so that I don't just ignore the freezer- things are getting desperate! :rotfl:

I'll post again when I have my plan ;)
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    I made roasted peppers stuffed with tomato, basil, red onion, black olives and vegan feta; bloomed wild rice with green beans in a lemongrass dressing and a melon, pomegranate and orange salad yesterday - lush!! :D I also put a chilli together as I had half a tin of cherry tomatoes and half an onion left so that will do a meal later in the week ;)

I've taken to making random dressings to use up the three billion open condiments in my house!! :o:o they've all been amazing but unfortunately, like the majority of stuff I make, I'm just chucking it in as I go along so can't replicate it!! :rotfl:

Really makes a difference though- I've had the wild rice with two different dressings and they were so unalike it was like serving two different dishes entirely ;) it will certainly open up options for bulk cooking grains etc then just dressing differently for a few days - obvious, but I've really broadened my dressing repertoire recently so I've had some incredibly interesting flavours!! :rotfl:

Anyhoo, better get some brekkie - I'm having cucumber and avocado sushi pickled ginger and wasabi, with a miso and tamari dipping sauce. I'll have some of the melon and pomegranate salad too :drool:
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    Hello! I just stumbled into this thread and would love to join in. I'm somewhat hindered by my husband and son who are not as adventurous as me when it comes to random food combos, but I'm working on them.
    I have all sorts of things in the store cupboard and really need to organise it - will then post a list in here. :)
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    Welcome aboard moguline :wave:

Tonight's dinner was spinach and lentil pancakes with purple basil jelly, green salad and balsamic glaze. All from fridge, cupboards and freezer ;)

I made the pancakes for my grandbaby but he wasn't keen :o i though they were very nice but very filling and would have been better served with a soya yoghurt and mint raita and mango chutney....so I will make them again with more spices and serve as a side dish to an Indian night in the future ;)

All is going well....I have some spinach in the fridge to use up, a cucumber and the remains of the melon salad....I think I'll make a smoothie in the morning with those for breakfast :drool:

I'm out tomorrow night at a friends house so will be eating there...I will do a menu plan tomorrow for the week ahead and go shopping for my fruit and veg on the way home...saves fuel ;)
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback