MSE News: Asda to give shoppers £5 money-off voucher

This is the discussion thread for the following MSE News Story:

"Asda customers can this week get a £5 money-off voucher for a £40+ spend in-store or online ..."

Comments

• jamespir
    jamespir Posts: 21,456 Forumite
    yes but you have to spend 40 quid this week to get it where as tescos give them away for no spend
    Replies to posts are always welcome, If I have made a mistake in the post, I am human, tell me nicely and it will be corrected. If your reply cannot be nice, has an underlying issue, or you believe that you are God, please post in another forum. Thank you
  • myrtleturtle
    myrtleturtle Posts: 8,206 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    heres the T&Gs
    http://www.asdapriceguarantee.co.uk/Administration/Bonus-Details.aspx

when you spend £40+

you get a £5 off £40 spend coupon so you need to spend another £40 to use coupon
  • dimummy
    dimummy Posts: 170 Forumite
    So, if I understand this right, you actually have to spend £80 to use the £5 off?!!
  • JAG
    JAG Posts: 1,304 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    dimummy wrote: »
    So, if I understand this right, you actually have to spend £80 to use the £5 off?!!

Looks like it.

ASDA must be worried about Sainsbury's new scheme and need to strike back.
  • meg72
    meg72 Posts: 5,164 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    dimummy wrote: »

It appears so I dont think I will be bothering with this one but i
    suppose if you have a family and usually spend £40 then it is a genuine £5 off
    Slimming World at target
  • Jo09
    Jo09 Posts: 12 Forumite
    Far too much hastle.
  • if you just do your normal weekly shop its a great deal. you only need eight different grocery items and one comparable item to claim the voucher and thats just for checking on line
  • I guess MSE editors are running out of topics.

IMO, £5 off on £80 shopping does not warranty a new article.

As someone mentioned Tesco gives out vouchers like this without any spending.
    I am neither a bull nor a bear. I am a FTB, looking for a HOME, not a financial investment!
  • redbiro
    redbiro Posts: 160 Forumite
    This is nt news ;more an ad . A lot of news stories that arnt in the last while
  • callum9999
    callum9999 Posts: 4,391 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    It's actually up to £20/£25 off over the season for the average family who shop in ASDA (£40 is far less than the average transaction I put through on family shops). Not amazing I agree, but considering ASDA guaranteeing to be 10% cheaper than the others already makes them the cheapest in the vast majority of cases, an extra £25 between now and Christmas for your normal shopping is certainly a decent offer.

So £5 off £80 isn't accurate when you are doing it over consecutive weeks. First fortnight it is £5 off £80, then each subsequent week is £5 off £40.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.7K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure