PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.
🗳️ ELECTION 2024: THE MSE LEADERS' DEBATE Got a burning question you want us to ask the party leaders ahead of the general election? Submit your suggestions via this form or post them on our dedicated Forum board where you can see and upvote other users' questions. Please note that the Forum's rules on avoiding general political discussion still apply across all boards.

Old Style Daily Thread for Saturday 15th October 2011

Options

Comments

• betheebee
    betheebee Posts: 1,818 Forumite
    Options
    candygirl wrote: »
    Thanks hun, sorry to moan on, esp as I know you, and many others on here have much worse probs than me:o:oIronically OH has been through similar, but tends to bottle things up, and expects me to snap out of it.I'm deffo going to the docs this week:(:(

Don't you dare be sorry, you have a lot on your plate to cope with, good to hear you're going to the Dr. No point in struggling to get by when help is at hand. Yeh I've got probs but they are getting easier by the day and I can see the light at the end of the tunnel, whereas it seems like you're just entering it.
    Be kind to yourself. ((((Kind Hugs)))))
  • brighteyes1987
    Options
    Bright eyes, having seen two boys through beavers, and one now in his seccond year at cubs, I recommend letting wondaweb or fabrice glue become your friend. Life is tooooooooooo short to spend sewing on badges. X

Oooh, thanks I'll have a lil nosey for some of that :)
    and I agree on life being 2 short!!!! :beer: x
    March grocery challenge 147.28 / 150.00 :j

April grocery challenge 60.36 / 150.00
  • betheebee
    betheebee Posts: 1,818 Forumite
    Options
    uolypool wrote: »
    Tell me about it Betheebee, I just get dd sorted and now have this to deal with.I reckon I just have a beacon that lights up and attracts troubled teens;). Which is why I am thankfull that in general mine are well behaved and quite level headed.
    His mum is a lovely woman, but timid, her hubbie is very overpowering and in your face so I'm not to sure what will be happening in their house presently, I am more than happy to have him stay until things are sorted as he is a lovely boy he has slept at ours many times and is always a polite young man around me, however I cannot say for how he is at home.But again nothing warrents a parent belting their child.His dad in my eyes is a bully always has been and I doubt always will be.

Have you ever wondered why they come to you when in trouble ;) ??
    It's because they know they will be accepted and cared for, (DD & Lad)
    I think he is polite and nice when he is with you because that's how you treat him. I'm not supprised he mouths off at his Dad,,,,,, monkey see, monkey do. Don't know if you've heard of that saying before but he doesn't seem to have a Dad to look up too.
    You're doing a great job :A Hope all works out ok.
  • Julie67
    Julie67 Posts: 2,362 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Spent the afternoon looking at home magazines and getting really excited about colours and things. It doesn't take much to get me going:D
    I have been asking if anyone wants their tea for the last hour, just steak and salad but have had no response so as strictly starts in ten minutes I am on strike until 8.15 so if anyone wants anything to eat they can bloomin well make it themselves so there:p
    Started Self Managed DMP 10th May 2017.
    Working hard to get rid of our debt.
  • redruby
    redruby Posts: 7,317 Forumite
    Options
    Candy I am so sorry you are feeling so down, I hate to see you like this, you are always so bright and bubbly :(, wish there was something I could do to help, but have a hug anyway xxxxxx

Had a fab time at the jumble sale :D, dd came away with a bin liner full of clothes, shirts, hoodies, jeans, jumpers, and a big shopping bag full of bits and bobs, t-shirts, new make up, hat etc, and 8 books, and 2 wool blazers for £5 :j, the blazers are the type that 'older' women wear :o, but they are right in fashion now and she loves them. A lot of the clothes are designer too :T

I came away with a couple of coats for OH to wear to work, a griddle type frying pan, a frying pan with glass lid, 2 books, and 2 wooden whistle things, which I might stick on Ebay all for £2 :T

Have good evenings all xx
  • candygirl
    candygirl Posts: 29,455 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    redruby wrote: »
    Candy I am so sorry you are feeling so down, I hate to see you like this, you are always so bright and bubbly :(, wish there was something I could do to help, but have a hug anyway xxxxxx

Had a fab time at the jumble sale :D, dd came away with a bin liner full of clothes, shirts, hoodies, jeans, jumpers, and a big shopping bag full of bits and bobs, t-shirts, new make up, hat etc, and 8 books, and 2 wool blazers for £5 :j, the blazers are the type that 'older' women wear :o, but they are right in fashion now and she loves them. A lot of the clothes are designer too :T

I came away with a couple of coats for OH to wear to work, a griddle type frying pan, a frying pan with glass lid, 2 books, and 2 wooden whistle things, which I might stick on Ebay all for £2 :T

Have good evenings all xx
    Thanks hun, I do try to be happy and the life and soul most of the time, but have been prone to serious depression in the past, that's why I am worried about the signs coming back:(:o:oI'm not putting anything on fb, as am keeping SOTD and other peeps, unaware of my feelings:o:o
    Glad you had a fab time at the jumble sale.We've just had a takeaway as am in a CBA mood tonight:o:D
    "You can't stop the waves, but you can learn to surf"

(Kabat-Zinn 2004):D:D:D
  • sharloid
    sharloid Posts: 421 Forumite
    Options
    We went to B&Q to buy a toilet and sink today. It scanned through at £179 but online it said 'buy both toilet and sink for only £149 - ask in store for details'. The checkout lad knew nothing of this offer but after about 10 minutes discussing with the manager and other floor staff we finally got the discount. Yay! Quite a good saving. :)
  • flutterbyuk25
    Options
    Evening all

(((candy)))
    RR - wow fab bargains!!

I've had a lovely day (apart from the rugby!). Weather has been fab :). Did a spot of shopping, got some new trainers for hols for £4 in Asda :j. Then met the girls for a late lunch, had a nice relaxed meal then sat in the beer garden for an hour in the sunshine. After that I came home and read on balcony for an hour in the sun :D. Then did 2 hours of uni work. Then made a veggie chilli, with 2 portions for freezer. And now I'm chilling out, watched Strictly and now onto X Factor!

Looking forward to my bed though as had late night followed by early start today!

Night all

x
    * Rainbow baby boy born 9th August 2016 *

* Slimming World follower (I breastfeed so get 6 hex's!) *
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 17,413 Forumite
    First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    Good evening all and <<hugs>> to those in need, a few around at the moment .Well I got called in for the lung and heart scan yesterday and spent another merry morning being shunted about.Just have to wait for the results, now I did phone as told by nuclear medicine to MAU unit late afternoon yesterday to be told by them that they couldn't tell me the results over the phone anyway. So will await any letters that arrive I suppose,no point ringing the hospital again.
    My friend came down to see me from Dartford today and we had a lovely day just jawing and knitting and she brought a couple of Krispy Kremes ( what a nice lady she is :):))
    My tummy looks like a bomb site at the moment as I have to inject some stuff in every night until Tuesday to thin the blood out.Not very pleasant and I'm black and blue as I'm not very adept at injecting with only one proper working arm(the other one has little strength in it.
    Just seen on the 'net' that 'Betty' from the Rovers has died, no more of her hotpots then, bless her she was a good age though and worked almost up to her death at 91
    Oh well I guess I'm off to find a good book to read as there's not much on t.v.
    Night, Night God bless all here
    JackieO xx
  • Rainy-Days
    Rainy-Days Posts: 1,454 Forumite
    Options
    Suddenly turned into a stay at home, party pooping, early to bed gnome?

Happy to curl up in front of the fire with a book or maybe you have taken to shouting at the kids "turn that ruddy music down"!

Maybe you have gradually morphed into your parents taking on their money saving or even tight wad ways; despite vowing in the heady 1980's that you would "never in a million I am going to turn into mum and dad".

Whatever your take is on being a fully paid up member of "The Old Farts Club", you can discuss it in here. What time you made it to bed last night, who has rattled your cage today, or what you have found to put you into your 'zen zone', you can let us fellow old farters know without being judged or ridiculed.
    Cat, Dogs and the Horses are our fag and beer money :D :beer:
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 2 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 343.8K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 236K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.4K Life & Family