PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

Old Style Daily Thread for Saturday 15th October 2011

Options

Comments

• flutterbyuk25
    Options
    Morning all

BB - sorry to hear about your aunt x

I'm watching the rugby, but with my hands over my eyes! :rotfl:

We had a really good night out for flatmate's birthday. We went for food, then to see the comedian Jeremy Hardy who was very funny, then we went out to town dressed as Gangsters :D pics are on FB if anyone is interested!

I have so much I need to do this weekend! mainly sorting stuff for holidays and doing uni work. This time next week I'll be in Hong Kong :j.

OS wise - I'd like to get stuff in WM but flatmates goes on hols herself tomorrow so is using it now. DW will go on later. Need to file paperwork.

Have a good day all

x
    * Rainbow baby boy born 9th August 2016 *

* Slimming World follower (I breastfeed so get 6 hex's!) *
  • mummy2jack
    Options
    Morning all

Nice and sunny here today, so will be taking advantage of that and getting the washing out on the line.

DW has just gone on, WM has a load waiting to come out then another load can go in.
    Not a great deal happening here today, think I will just potter around the house, DS has another cold :mad: so think we will stay in home all day today, got some baking to do so that should keep me busy.

Hope everyone has a wonderful day.... x
    October grocery Challenge
    £131.50/£200 /£68.50

• adelight
    adelight Posts: 2,658 Forumite
    Options
    ((hugs) sorry to here about your aunt bargainbird
    molly41 hope things pick up for you soon

Morning all, didn't get up until nine then OH told me i'd fallen asleep at half eight :eek: Would explain the bowl of stewed apple sat in the microwave- i never got as far as making the crumble topping! Might eat a few spoons of it in some porridge.
    Lots of work to do today, also need to go to the post office and body shop online for xmas pressies. Just as well OH is at golf for someone's birthday this afternoon. Is it just me or does golf sound like an odd thing for a 24yo to do for her birthday? :o

OH was offered a job yesterday by a company he contacted months ago. He's torn now, does he:
    take a temp entry level job in his degree field that will help him get a perm job?
    or wait for the start date on the city job? high pressure and long hours, but base salary is 2x as much OTE 4x as much!
    I told him to take the temp and if he doesn't like it/gets a start date he can ditch it. Being a science graduate is not easy!!
    Living cheap in central London :rotfl:
  • Julie67
    Julie67 Posts: 2,362 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Morning All,

Redruby I would ignore him, but that's probably not good advice:mad:
    Molly and Bargainbird (((hugs)))
    Jools So sorry to hear about your friend

Well its bright and sunny here but chilly, hopefully will dry the washing outside.
    All up and watching the rugby here, Come on Wales!
    DH has just popped to post our Ebay sales and then egg and bacon all round I think
    Need to do the usual Saturday clean and then will help DH in the garden, he is finishing his office/Summer house/ garden shed:cool: and I will do some tyding ready for winter.
    Might pop to the library later.
    DH has promised to start on the new kitchen and back room next week as we want it done for Xmas so that's exciting.
    No idea what we will eat for tea, its going to be catch as catch can today as I am not in the mood for cooking.
    Have a peaceful Saturday all Julie x
    Started Self Managed DMP 10th May 2017.
    Working hard to get rid of our debt.
  • flutterbyuk25
    flutterbyuk25 Posts: 7,009 Forumite
    edited 15 October 2011 at 11:09AM
    Options
    Gutted for Wales :( good effort though x
    * Rainbow baby boy born 9th August 2016 *

* Slimming World follower (I breastfeed so get 6 hex's!) *
  • brighteyes1987
    Options
    I'm absolutly devestated!!!! :(

Yes I'm a welsh girl and thats about all I can say at the mo :(

So proud of the boys though they did us proud :T

Will return later, I'm off to drown my sorrows xx
    March grocery challenge 147.28 / 150.00 :j

April grocery challenge 60.36 / 150.00
  • RosyRed
    RosyRed Posts: 3,102 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Morning,
    Beautiful day here but a lot chillier.Lots of coffee going on here as we all went to a beer festival last night and met friends there.Its an annual event for a local childrens charity so its a worthwhile event.(Thats my excuse and I'm sticking with it :beer:)DS2 decided he would use it to gather his pals for the 'wetting the baby's head' tradition.DS1 came back home with us but his brother had disappeared by the time our taxi came.DH got up to find the back door wide open-kitchen freezing:eek:,and 2 overnight guests( well known to us,by the way)We all enjoyed it though.

DH & I are popping into town later,there is an international food fair on and we'll prob pick our tea up in MnS-I think its 2dine £10,so no OSiness for me today,apart from getting the fruit & veg off the market.:rotfl:

BB- so sorry to hear about your aunt.Glad to see you posting,we missed you.
    Hugs to anyone else feeling low or ill,esp Lou & Molly xx
    Take care all x
    :heartsmil 'A woman is like a teabag: You never know her strength until you drop her in hot water'. (Eleanor Roosevelt)
  • Bitsy_Beans
    Bitsy_Beans Posts: 9,640 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Sorry not been around much last couple of days......not had anything to say on the OS front :o
    Am currently ebaying, making felt gingerbread men for my Xmas tree and generally plodding on.

Bargain bird glad you are OK but I am really sorry to hear about your Aunt xxxx big hugs lovey

Adelight I think golf is an odd choice whatever the age but then again I am not much of a golf fan. If it ain't got wheels and a very loud engine it generally doesn't get my attention LOL

Hugs and spoons all round.
    I have a gift for enraging people, but if I ever bore you it'll be with a knife :D Louise Brooks
    All will be well in the end. If it's not well, it's not the end.
    Be humble for you are made of earth. Be noble for you are made of stars
  • monnagran
    monnagran Posts: 5,284 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Hi all.
    Gorgeous day here, sunny and warm and I wish I had some washing to hang out. I've plenty of ironing, but that's another story.
    Using up the last of the soup I made at the beginning of the week, (there must have been a gallon of it), and plenty of HM rolls left so that's lunch. A friend kindly dropped off some eggs from her hens this morning, so it will be something eggy for tea.

redruby: You have to be clever about this. Maintain the moral high ground while delivering a metaphorical punch on the nose. I would write saying how sorry I was that he was obviously in a financial hole and you quite understood his reluctance to help his dd with her school trip and you were sure that when you explained the situation to your dd she would also understand and in time would find it possible to forgive him. Then I would tell him that you believed the CAB had a counselling service for people who were in financial difficulties and that a visit might be in order.
    No-one will be able to prove that you are being sarcastic and not genuinely concerned. It worked for me. I once had a child's parent who was filthy rich (estates in Scotland etc.) but who would keep me waiting weeks and weeks for his school fees. Once, when it was nearly the end of term and I was still waiting, I accosted him when he was standing with other parents waiting to pick up his child. Speaking quite clearly and audibly I offered my sympathy for his financial problems and invited him into my study to discuss some easy payment terms. The cheque was there the following morning and thereafter in the first week of term.
    Go girl!
    I believe that friends are quiet angels
    Who lift us to our feet when our wings
    Have trouble remembering how to fly.
  • bramble1
    bramble1 Posts: 3,096 Forumite
    Options
    Lovely day today!

Taken pup out for a walk, just about to head for another, before i go to my dads. He is feeding me, so dinner is sorted!

Went to lidl and sainsbobs. ALSO found £20 in a drawer i don't go into often.

so £30 profit this week for me! Was going to go to the pub as fancied some cheesy chips, but have made them at home instead!
    Annual Grocery Budget £364.00/£1500
    Debt payments 2012 £433.27
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family