PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

Old Style Daily Thread for Saturday 15th October 2011

Options
Hi, this is the Daily Thread for Tuesday 16th August. This is an “over the garden fence” type thread where we chat about everything Old Style and maybe a little bit more. It’s a great, inspiring and motivating thread we start each day to discuss what Old Style things we’re going to do today or what we’ve achieved already. Everyone’s welcome, please do come in, put your feet up (although check the fence hasn’t just been painted first!) and join us for an Old Style natter. The more the merrier!

As this is the Old Style Board, it would be appreciated if posts could include some Old Style content. Please be aware that many people may have small screens, or slow internet connections, so please don’t post large pictures, or clip art – links are preferred.

When you make a post, if you feel like giving it a title, that will help others that don’t have the time to read everything skim through the thread quickly but if not it's not a problem. Please do not start a new daily thread before you go to bed at night because this often leaves things confusing with two daily threads live at the same time. The idea is that a member would start each new daily thread after they get up in the morning.

Some people who chat here like to try to answer everyone. Don’t feel you have to though, a general “hi everyone, hope everyone’s well” type start does just as well.

Good Morning x
Sorry not to have posted much over the past few days but have been reading and thinking about you x

Bargain Bird - hope you are ok x

Well my day will consist of washing and hopefully a trip to Burford for a mooch around. Im trying very hard to keep positive but it is difficult at the moment.

Hope you all have a good day x
I must not fear. Fear is the mind-killer.
Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration.
I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over and through me. When it has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path.
When the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain.

Comments

• bargainbird
    bargainbird Posts: 3,771 Forumite
    Options
    Morning Molly and all who follow,

This week has been a bit of a nightmare....Thanks for the PM's.
    A short re-cap - I'd had enough went to mums, then my aunt passed away :(, then sorted a few things with DH, then came home. MY cleaning/ironing has gone a bit mad :eek:. I currently have about 3/4 hrs worth sat in my front room. Which i've got to clear today.

Nipping to town today for a few bits and £shop pieces ;).

Tea tonight biryani (from a jar).

Hope you all have lovely days xx
    You know your getting old when you
    go to the pub sit outside
    and admire the hanging basket :cool:
    Is officially 48% tight :D
  • Moorhen
    Moorhen Posts: 964 Forumite
    First Anniversary
    Options
    Morning Molly and Bargainbird and all who follow,

Sorry you have had a tough week Bargainbird and sorry to hear about your aunt, hope things are looking up at home now.

Molly, hope you have a better day today.

I am up early as we are looking after one of DD2's friends for the morning while her parents take her older brother to look round a university, hard to believe that DS will be making the same decisions this time next year, I don't really want to think about that yet.

Today I must visit the supermarket as we have no food in the house. For my lunch at work yesterday I had some left over buttered swede from last sunday and some leftover curry from wednesday mixed together. It was a bit odd but tasted ok and everyone at work is so used to me not throwing food away that they never batted an eyelid!

Yesterday was a beautiful day and I managed to dry all my washing on the line. WM is on and I will hopefully get it all dry today as well. BM is also on and it smells gorgeous, hope it finishes soon as I am starving.

Hugs to all those who are ill or feeling down, especially Lou.

Have a lovely day everyone.:)
  • Hardup_Hester
    Options
    Morning all
    Molly sorry to hear about your op being refused, BB sorry to hear about your aunt.
    WM is on, DW waiting to be unloaded, we've watched the GP Qually, hubby had a bacon sarnie & lots of tea, I've had tea & porridge.
    I'm setting off to Tesco in a sec as they have the hair dye I use on offer & I need it, my black roots are nearly as long as my hair, I shall also buy mushrooms, burgers, fish fingers & sausages while I'm there.
    I need to do a meal plan as I have my slow cooker & remoska out & ready to use, I intend to make the most of them this winter.
    I haven't done any crochet this week as I'm making dolls clothes, 6 knitted jackets first & then I shall sort through my fabric stash & make 6 dresses.
    Have a good day everyone.
    Hugs Hester

Never let success go to your head, never let failure go to your heart.
  • Molly41
    Molly41 Posts: 4,919 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Bargain Bird - Sorry to hear about your aunt but pleased that you have sorted stuff with OH. It sounds like one of those weeks so I hope you have a more relaxing weekend x
    I must not fear. Fear is the mind-killer.
    Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration.
    I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over and through me. When it has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path.
    When the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain.
  • jannyannie
    Options
    Morning all

Chilly here. Lovely and sunny though so the washing is going on the line. Nights done until tomorrow.

Off to bed in a mo, have collected DS from his Dad's who is behaving like a prize pratt at the mo (ExOH that is not DS). Think I'll potter in the garden when I get up.

BB sorry to hear about your week and your Aunt passing. Sometimes weeks like that just happen. Have a hug.

Tea tonight is beef stew, mash and veg yummy.

Have a good day all and big hugs to all who need one.

Jan x
  • jc2703
    jc2703 Posts: 1,780 Forumite
    Options
    Morning All

Meal plan done, online shop delivered last night (will book next fridays delivery today to keep me focused!) house is still upside down although most of the mess is transfered down the stairs now as the bedrooms are finally swapped around. DH and I put all our clothes in black bags which are currently in a big pile in the bathroom so we can sort thru what we actually need to keep and what is just taking up space!

Have a couple of MS jobs to do this afternoon then it's DD's birthday tomorrow and DH, DD and I are going to the pub for dinner tonight while its just the three of us. Tomorrow she will be collecting birthday money and hitting the toy shop!

Once I'm back in the house this afternoon I will be attempting to make some headway into the mess that has taken over my kitchen, livingroom and hallway!

Have a good day x
    Climbing back on the OS wagon after a short vacation to Recklessness
    Quit Smoking 08/06/09
  • bramble1
    bramble1 Posts: 3,096 Forumite
    Options
    BB - so sorry to hear about your aunt x

We went to a friend's last night, was good fun, I played on the x box with her OH and whooped him at the racing game may i add :j

The plan for today, drop OH off at the yard, i think he's scrapping stuff today so will see how much he come's home with. I am walking pup, doing house work and this afternoon going to see my dad. I think i want to stay in tonight, but we shall see...

There is a chill in the air today, but i love cold sunny mornings. Nearly time for my winter coat i think! I have been living in thermal tights this week, they are the best invention ever!

Dinner - no idea, I need to pop out to get bread and milk so will see if anything takes me fancy. I shall do some chicken tomorrow, so will look up a recipe for laters.

Have a lovely weekend all
    x
    Annual Grocery Budget £364.00/£1500
    Debt payments 2012 £433.27
  • nmlc
    nmlc Posts: 4,788 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Morning everyone

BB - glad you seem to be getting there, sorry to hear about your aunt, big hugs if you need them xxx

Clear sunny but a nip in the air this morning. Feeling very proud this morning as took DS1 for the blood tests and obviously hit lucky as there was only one elderly man having his taken and we walked straight in, the young lady that saw DS1 was very nice and immediately put him at ease, he didn't bat an eyelid, we were only in for moments and he said after we came out it didn't hurt as much as he'd thought it would, so just need to wait for the results.

DH up and off to work at stupid early o'clock. Was more productive yesterday but just can't seem to get myself into gear at the moment, did manage to get all the ironing done that was dry enough to iron, change our bed, the bedding I took off is now washed and ready to go out on the line. Dark wash of boys uniforms etc all ready to go in WM and hopefully will then get line dried. DS1 up and watching the Rugby.

Dinner last night was HM fish pie for myself and DS1 - scrummy - really enjoyed, DH and DS2 had breaded chicken pieces, chips and beans - not very healthy but just needed a meal I could done and onto the table. Bought a small piece of gammon yesterday so have that for tonight's dinner, will do gammon, egg, onion sauce, mash and veg and have a chicken to roast for tomorrow, looked at legs of lamb for roasting whilst shopping yesterday - I can't believe how expensive it's become - no wonder there was loads on the supermarket shelf!! Have managed to do a menu plan that seems to cover all this next week until Friday - and I have the ingredients to produce what's on the plan - so hopefully no extra spending. Want to get some baking/cooking done this morning whilst DH is at work so now need to get myself into gear as haven't had an brekkie yet or showered etc, need to do some ironing once it's dry enough to iron too!

Have a great Saturday everyone xx

Have a great day everyone, hugs to those that need/want them, take care.

nmlc x
    WEIGHTLOSS SINCE JUNE 2009 - 5 ST 2LB
  • betheebee
    betheebee Posts: 1,818 Forumite
    Options
    Morning all,
    DH has loaded DW and WM, I haven't used the DW for ages as I've been washing up as I go along but I'm not able to stand for long and DH said "No way am I washing by hand when there's a machine to do it"
    I have sorted out lots of paper work, paid bills and made appointments for 8 firms to come and give quotes for Solar Panels. We need a new roof on the extension so deceided to have the panels fitted at the same time.
    (((((((((( Bargainbird & Mollie))))))))))))))
  • redruby
    redruby Posts: 7,317 Forumite
    edited 15 October 2011 at 6:47PM
    Options
    Morning all,

Beautiful sunny day here, but a bit chilly with a strong wind, have one load on the line and another in the wm, should all dry nicely today.

This morning we need to go and collect dd's computer from the repair shop, the chap there (dd's friends dad) has temporarily fixed it to allow us to transfer our files etc over, but its demise is imminemt :(, we also need to start looking for another one, we raised £122 on ebay last night which will go towards it.

This afternoon there is a jumble sale which we will go to, I dragged a moaning dd to one last year and she loved it, and could not believe the bargains, so she is hooked now :rotfl:

We have to raise £1400 for a college trip for dd :eek:, I sent her dad a text asking him if he could help, and he text dd back asking for proof of the trip :mad:, I am fighting with myself over sending a curt reply back to him or completly ignoring the p**t, what would you do ??

Dinner tonight is fahitas, and I want to have a quick tidy round hoover etc this morning.

Jooles so sorry to hear aout your friend xx

Lou big hugs to you xx

BargainB Glad you have sorted it out with hubbie, and sorry about your aunt, now don't you go dissapearing on us again :naughty: you had us worried :kisses3:

Have good days all xx
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport