The 'Save £12k in 2012' thread!

Options

Comments

• redbull5
    redbull5 Posts: 312 Forumite
    edited 16 October 2011 at 2:10PM
    Options
    Hi Again, slowlyfading - can you change my total to £8k.

Here is my post from the another thread.

redbull5 wrote: »
    Right! ive been doing my spreadsheet so i can concentrate on my savings more!

My Current savings after i get paid this month will be £7500.
    My november pay will be used for xmas presents etc so will only save maybe another £500. That will be my total savings of £8000 which im happy about!

Next year its going to be a clean slate, Im going to Max out my Home savers account with £300 a month and then at the end of next year it will be a grand £9000 in that account alone for a deposit in the near future. Im going to put £200 a month into my regular saver so next year i know i will save at least £6k. Any other overtime or spare money will go into a online account which i can use for a holiday or new car!

Its all easy to say and write about, but lets do it.

My target for 2012 is £8000!

Thanks Very much - £12k is just far to much but 8k will still be a challenge!!
    From England - Live in Edinburgh and work as a bus driver
  • rictus123
    rictus123 Posts: 2,560 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    I almost will be wishing the year away - I will be saving this for a house deposit. Feel I have outstayed my welcome almost, I can't wait to move into my own place and put my own mark on it. Will keep me busy and I can't wait for the stress of bills to pay, properly growing up and learning to stand on my own 2 feet. Il still be on this forum, Overpaying mortgage and living frugal. Roll on 2013!!!
    Work in progress...Update coming July 2012.
  • redbull5
    redbull5 Posts: 312 Forumite
    Options
    rictus i think you should just plan for 2012, anything can happen in a year!

and make 1 total or goal or stick to it / or change it if it needs changing, i see you having a different goal everyday.

Good luck
    From England - Live in Edinburgh and work as a bus driver
  • rictus123
    rictus123 Posts: 2,560 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    Well briefly my plans are debt free by the end of this year then save spending money for America in April then rest of 2012 flat out with this challenge, going for 15,000 by the end of the year...very do able. I know anything can happen but if everyone had that attitude noone would ever buy a house as they wouldn't "waste" money saving for a deposit if anything could happen, they would waste it all "living" instead. Might just go on a month detox as of now and do another no spend month. Means gf every penny I earn above my set outgoings is mine and I can still see it at the end of the month once challenge is over.

I'm going to go for it.
    Work in progress...Update coming July 2012.
  • Shoey1610
    Shoey1610 Posts: 494 Forumite
    Options
    Hi, could you count me in too please. I've been away from MSE for a while, but back now we are trying to build up some savings.

We will be putting away £550-600 per month, but hoping this challenge will encourage us to save as much as we can and £12000 may not be entirely impossible, so put me down for that please.
  • catota
    catota Posts: 14 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Hi all, count me in as well. £12k is probably unlikely for me but I'm sure going try! thanks for this thread I love a challenge especially if I'm quids in!:T
    12k in 2012 Challenge: (£0/£12,000) :D:grin:
    Ebay Sales 2012: (£0/£2,000)
    Bank loan: £4,000 now £3,078
  • lvm
    lvm Posts: 1,544 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Woo hoo! I've been hanging around waiting for this thread to finally be here! (Ok, that is well and truly pathetic but I don't care!)

So, I'm in for £12k and fits in perfectly with £1k a month that is already on my budget.

Glad to be here :)
  • TimBear
    TimBear Posts: 808 Forumite
    Options
    Can you put me down for £10,000 please?
  • RedfordML
    Options
    nikki2804 wrote: »
    Count me in.

In reality I can save £600 pm so thats £7200 over the year. Just need to work a little bt harder to get that total to £12000. Subscribing to this thread so that I stick to it.

I'm saving for my house deposit so I really do need to stick to it.

Im hopefully moving in December so January should see me automatically saving £60 extra a month

This is pretty much identical to our situation, saving for a house deposit, though the £12,000 would just be out of reach, OP can you put me down for £10,000 please.

Look forward for the challenge to start!! Great idea...
  • ellebee1986
    Options
    count me in please :)

great idea! If Im honest I truly dont believe Ill be able to hit 12k but you never know and it gives me something to work towards
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure