Post Office Savings Withdrawal Issues!

Options
12346»

Comments

• moneysavinggirl40
    Options
    Rich2808 wrote: »
    I have a similar issue not with withdrawals but transfers in via direct debit from my nominated account.

I tried to make a one off £700 withdrawal transfer to my linked account but instead they seem to have direct debited my linked account (a payment into my PO online saver)? Possibly my mistake when I it up! - but is there anyway you can check what actual direct debits paymemts are set up (not just what the linked account is) and on what frequency online as I am concerned this may have been set up as a regular transfer?

You can create direct debits from your linked account via whatever frequency - but I cannot find how you can see what ones are already set up. I don't want £700 being taken out of my linked account by PO savings every week!
    to check what dd you have set up on post office savers click the 3 dots next to interest rate and click on "direct debit". i was just checking how to do it to tell you and noticed that my x4 dd to coop has been cancelled. but i didn't cancel them, so i better set them up quick!! without your post Rich i would never have checked, so thanks
  • Roseanne1
    Roseanne1 Posts: 133 Forumite
    Options
    Cabernet wrote: »
    I'm having the same problem with online saver - 'transfer cannot be applied at this time'. I tried last night a few times and again today. I contacted customer support this afternoon who said there appears to be a technical problem on the account. The person I spoke to said he would pass on information to his manager who would ring me back today (Wed) or tomorrow. I await the phone call. They should really have posted a message on the site by now, in light of hmsfrog's comment 'According to the Customer Services Representatives they have a known issue but they don't have any idea when the problem will be resolved'. This is quite disappointing. I've not had any problems with PO Savings up to now (from Nov 2010) but I expect them to get this sorted out pretty sharply, as it's clearly fundamental to any account servicing.

Loughton Monkey: try and withdraw a nominal amount to your linked account - if you're experiencing this problem then you'll find that you'll get the error message at the point you try to confirm the transaction after inputting required digits from your 6 digit PIN, not any earlier in the process.

I have had this very same problem when trying to withdraw. The woman I spoke to was hopeless until I said I wanted it investigated. She asked if I wanted to lodge a complaint and, when I said yes, lo, there was suddenly a technical problem with the account. I've to phone up on Monday and if I don't get answers I will be lodging that complaint.
  • moneysavinggirl40
    Options
    Roseanne1 wrote: »
    I have had this very same problem when trying to withdraw. The woman I spoke to was hopeless until I said I wanted it investigated. She asked if I wanted to lodge a complaint and, when I said yes, lo, there was suddenly a technical problem with the account. I've to phone up on Monday and if I don't get answers I will be lodging that complaint.

yeah my post office saver account has gone i had money in it! i noticed that my dd mandates had been cancelled, when i hadn't cancelled them. the other account says there's money in it but when i go to withdraw it comes up there is £0 to transfer
  • MrChester
    Options
    Same problem for me today trying to make a withdrawal from online saver for the first time.... 'Transfer cannot be applied at this time.'

I wondered if this problem has ever resolved itself without a phone call?

After 7 years of people experiencing this issue, their claims of compliance with the British Standards Institution seem more than a little questionable! See text below copied from the Accessibility page on their website....

Complying with the British Standards Institution
    Our goal is to conform to British Standard (BS) 8878 Web Accessibility Code of Practice from the British Standards Institution (BSI). In accordance with BS8878, you’ll find our organisational accessibility goals on this page.

BS8878 three experience levels. It’s our aim to deliver on all these levels and more:

1) Technically accessible: e.g. is it technically possible for users to access the information or perform the steps needed to accomplish the task?
    2) Usable: e.g. are users able to effectively and efficiently complete tasks?
    3) Satisfying/enjoyable: e.g. are users satisfied with the experience; is the experience enjoyable, if it is supposed to be?

What a load of bull!
  • MrChester
    Options
    I just called them on 0800 1697500. The helpful lady put me on hold for a few minutes while she spoke to 'technical team' and my problem was instantly resolved. I've withdrawn all but a penny from my account.

I had a very frustrating time with them at the start of the year making 3 unsuccessful attempts to open a 1 Year Bond. The process and customer support were so incredibly poor!

I will not be having any future dealings with the PO shambles.
  • soulsaver
    soulsaver Posts: 5,976 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    As a long-in-the tooth tartist I use some of the PO banking functionality..

I don't tie significant money up there; although the rates sometimes good, they are never market leading.

I did try to open a latest issue and was blocked (again) with a similar pop-up.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.2K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure