Post Office Savings Withdrawal Issues!

Options

Comments

• Stubod
    Stubod Posts: 2,169 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    Post office?...cant get YOUR money out when YOU want it?...crap customer service?

..same old, same old...being happening for ages...
    .."It's everybody's fault but mine...."
  • glider3560
    glider3560 Posts: 4,115 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Finally got my issue resolved. Laughably unprofessional service on the phone from the "fraud" team who I was given the number for yesterday.

All I gave was my account number and the agent said "Am I speaking to Mr [my surname]". No DPA questions or anything to verify who I am.

No idea what the issue was, but the "restricted" status was removed within 30 minutes. Withdrawal requested, but now it takes 2-3 working days to reach my bank account, apparently!

Not exactly instant access in these days of Faster Payments.

I think the account isn't suitable for me, so I will be closing it down and taking a slightly lower rate elsewhere where I can access my money with a lot less hassle.
  • iAMaLONDONER
    Options
    Wow I'm having this problem too.
  • sandieb
    sandieb Posts: 728 Forumite
    Options
    On Friday my husband and I on two separate computers with two different browsers attempted to transfer money from an "EASY" access account to a fixed term bond. At the end of the application we both were faced with a blank screen.

Two separate telephone calls to the Post Office elicited the response that the money would take a working day to transfer and to check on Monday.

This we have done today. The money has NOT been transferred.

Husband telephoned Customer Service to be told that we are using the wrong browser and that Safari won't work.

Google Chrome was suggested. I have downloaded this and still the same problem. Telephone call and the suggestion was that it's because we are using Apple products. However on Friday the other computer used was a Windows computer with Firefox.

Suggestions please?
  • Jimnt99
    Options
    Similar problem again.
    On 01/01/17 My wife and I requested closure and transfer of funds from our separate Online Saver 1 accounts to new Online Saver 22 accounts. We printed the online confirmations and even received confirmation emails, but on 06/02/17, after the required notice period had expired, there was no transfer. We called customer services on 8/2, 17/2 and 21/2/17 and given the same response - that the matter was being handled by the back office. I have now made formal complaints by phone, by email and by letter.
    Any further advice would be welcome.
  • youngretired
    Options
    Can you not just log on to your individual online savers and transfer funds from your No.1 to your No.22 online savers? Both accounts show on your online accounts and so internal transfers are available, I've done this on a number of occasions.

Also when you opened the joint account it asks at the time how you wish to fund the required £1, you could have transferred your savings out into the joint at this time instead of waiting for the month notice (if applicable as can't see no mention on website).
  • MM5
    Options
    Almost 7 years on and still the same issue happening. Had same message appear telling me I can't withdraw my funds. To echo another comment here, no problems with them taking the money in...!!

Have been trying for a couple weeks but still the same error. Finally spoke with someone today and got resolved, but wasn't told what the error was and that a "different department" had fixed it in a couple minutes. Didn't give me any more details. I don't trust these people with my money, and certainly won't ever bank with them again until they admit to what has been happening.

For those who are still struggling - I would suggest looking at BCOBS. Complaints through the ombudsman clearly aren't getting taken seriously so faster resolution would be to propose legal action using powerful rights given to the consumer by the FSA.

Links that helped me with peace of mind below!

bbc.co.uk/news/business-19511542
    consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?443562-Post-Office-(Bank-of-Ireland)-going-to-court-using-BCOBS
  • moneysavinggirl40
    Options
    problem with withdrawing from instant online saver. called today said he would need to email tech support to deal with, and they were all on holiday as it bh in Ireland. When i asked when to expect this resolved he said 48hours! any advice?
  • moneysavinggirl40
    Options
    all my post office instant saver accounts set up with dd are not visible on my online screen. Where have they gone? I didn't close any accounts!
  • Rich2808
    Rich2808 Posts: 1,332 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker
    edited 8 June 2018 at 6:39PM
    Options
    I have a similar issue not with withdrawals but transfers in via direct debit from my nominated account.

I tried to make a one off £700 withdrawal transfer to my linked account but instead they seem to have direct debited my linked account (a payment into my PO online saver)? Possibly my mistake when I it up! - but is there anyway you can check what actual direct debits paymemts are set up (not just what the linked account is) and on what frequency online as I am concerned this may have been set up as a regular transfer?

You can create direct debits from your linked account via whatever frequency - but I cannot find how you can see what ones are already set up. I don't want £700 being taken out of my linked account by PO savings every week!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.2K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure