Stardrops: A Users Guide

Replies

• sadiedollsadiedoll Forumite
    132 Posts
    Part of the Furniture 100 Posts
    Forumite
    Nightmare - which shops are nearest to you? I've seen it in most of the main supermarkets, also Instore, Wilkinsons etc.
  • mumoftwo wrote:
    .....SORE HANDS AFTER USING STARDROPS....

This was my first day with Stardrops. Must admit, did use it a lot today and now my hands are burning, fiery red and dry! It says on the bottle that it is kind to hands. I don't have sensitive skin, never have any problems with other products.

Has anyone else had this?

Hardly surprising - has anyone actually read the ingredients list of this stuff? :eek:
    Not on my shopping list, I'm trying to reduce the number of chemicals used on me and in my environment

Jill

http://www.chemicalsafeskincare.co.uk/chemicals/ - some interesting reading
  • It's official - I love Stardrops!

As i'm having such a stimulating Saturday evening in on my own (no money = no going out to play :( ) I thought i'd have a go at the kitchen surfaces with this stuff - I am well chuffed with the results! At first I just thought 'normal kitchen cleaner - big deal', but once i'd rinsed everything down and allowed it all to dry, everything just gleams! I've got an electric ceramic hob, and when I moved in here a few weeks ago I noticed quite a few burnt on bits on the plates and around the edges. Not any more!!

The kitchen floor is definitely not as clean as it could be, so i'm going to tackle that tomorrow - I can't wait to see the results!

I just love this all this old-style stuff - half of what i've read on here just never occured to me before! Vinegar, soda crystals, bicarbonate of soda, stardrops - all brilliant, and SOOO cheap too. I have been converted :D
  • My Stardrops came today together with my microcloth. I'm going to have a go tomorrow.

Yay
    HOW MUCH CAN YOU SAVE?: OLYMPIC CHALLENGE 2008
    BRONZE 10% SILVER 25% GOLD 50% PLATINUM 75%
    'Don't Stop me now, I'm cooking on Gas!' - Peggy Ollerenshaw - Hi-De-Hi!
  • TKP_3TKP_3 Forumite
    522 Posts
    I just went to my Tesco Extra - no stardrops that I could see. Also looked at the online Tesco shop, and they don't have them either :confused:
    Save the earth, it's the only planet with chocolate! :)
  • Asda online

58p
  • TKP_3TKP_3 Forumite
    522 Posts
    Asda online

58p

They don't deliver to me :(
  • Do you have a local Asda?
  • TKP_3TKP_3 Forumite
    522 Posts
    No. I'll have to try Sainsbury's or Waitrose next time I am around those areas
  • guineapig wrote:
    At the risk of repeating myself, I have used 30 mls Stardrops and 2 ounces of Soda Crystals in my Whites wash at 40deg and they came up lovely and bright! (and I am very fussy about my whites!!)

Do you think this would get rid of the stains in my karate uniform? I think its only dust and a bit of mud that I'm picking up when I get thrown on the floor ect, but its proving very difficult to get out. I've been washing it on its own at 90 degrees with Sainsburys cheapo biological powder but it still leaves stains which are quite visable. If so how do you use this 30mls and soda crystal mix? Does it go in the tray or the machine?
    SIMPLE SIMON - Met a pie man going to the fair. Said Simple Simon to the pie man, "What have you got there?" Said the pie man unto Simon, "Pies, you simpleton!"
This discussion has been closed.
Latest MSE News and Guides

Gin, gee-gees & groceries

This week's MSE Forum highlights

Team Blog

2for1 adult tickets to theme parks

Via selected £1-£3 Kellogg's promo packs

MSE Deals