PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

Stardrops: A Users Guide

Options

Comments

• hotcookie101
    Options
    OK I bought some of this today and have a cast iron le creuset that has burnt on bits from chilli. Can I soak it in hotwater and stardrops? how long for? I dont want to kill it :D
  • Stephen_Leak
    Options
    OK I bought some of this today and have a cast iron le creuset that has burnt on bits from chilli. Can I soak it in hotwater and stardrops? how long for? I dont want to kill it :D

The pan should be OK for a few years or so, before it begins to rust. If it's got a wooden handle, I wouldn't get that in the water, though.
    The acquisition of wealth is no longer the driving force in my life. :)
  • MinniMe_2
    MinniMe_2 Posts: 1,611 Forumite
    Options
    OMG I bought some stardrops last night afetr reading everything on here and used it to clean the door of the oven - FANTASTIC!!!! off to see what else it can clean
    New surname New start!
    Total Debt - [STRIKE]£9999.09 [/STRIKE]now 7633.16 23.66% paid off
  • Pretani
    Pretani Posts: 2,279 Forumite
    Options
    tried to buy stardrops in Tescos, Sainsbury's and Asda's in N.Ireland. They had none and one of the workers in Tescos said they never heard tell of it. Is this product still on the market?
  • Horace
    Horace Posts: 14,426 Forumite
    Options
    I bought some Stardrops the other day its fab. I got it in Home Bargains by the cleaning stuff (don't know if they have Home Bargains shops in NI:confused: ).

I managed to clean my oven with it (I had tried to do it before but the fumes from the cleaning stuff nearly killed me so I left it:eek: ). Now my oven is spotless, the racks have been given a good scrub too and they are gleaming as is the hob:D

The stuff smells nice, is kind to hands and is just great. Just need some microfibre cloths though:rolleyes:

Its not only fab but cheap and far better than cif (I hate that silly actifizz nonsense - thank god I only have a sample bottle of the stuff).
  • kidcat
    kidcat Posts: 6,058 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Did you dilute it to clean your oven? I read this thread last night and raced out to buy some Stardrops this morning but am unsure whether to pour it onto the oven base neat or whether I should dilute it? :)
  • busiscoming2
    Options
    Pretani - I bought some last week in Wilkinsons.
  • Pretani
    Pretani Posts: 2,279 Forumite
    Options
    busiscoming2, couldn't find out if there was a Wilkinsons in N.Ireland. There's a savers store near me, so that might be worth checking out.
  • bargainbird
    Options
    Ok since reading all these rave reviews and tralling the shops for Stardrops i have just made my first purchase....

DD1 decided it would be very funny to do skids and sit ups at school in her white polo on wet grass :mad:

So I'm off to squirt and wash :j

Wish me luck:T

Oh I forgot - for general grime busting cleaning is it best to dilute in an old trigger spray bottle ?????
    You know your getting old when you
    go to the pub sit outside
    and admire the hanging basket :cool:
    Is officially 48% tight :D
  • sparrer
    sparrer Posts: 7,547 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    :staradmin
    Ok since reading all these rave reviews and tralling the shops for Stardrops i have just made my first purchase....

DD1 decided it would be very funny to do skids and sit ups at school in her white polo on wet grass :mad:

So I'm off to squirt and wash :j

Wish me luck:T

Oh I forgot - for general grime busting cleaning is it best to dilute in an old trigger spray bottle ?????

Hi bargainbird, well done in joining the Stardrops Brigade :smiley: . For general use I mix 1 part :staradmindrops, 1 part white vinegar and 20 parts water in a trigger spray bottle. I add a couple of drops of lemon juice for good measure, and sometimes a few drops of lavender oil just to make it all smell nice - you can use any perfume oil though this is optional of course.

To remove stubborn marks I use a couple of drops of neat :staradmindrops on a toothbrush just before washing in the normal way.

For machine washing I find 1 tbspn cheapo washing powder and 1 tbspn soda crystals in the washing ball and a squirt (about a tbspn) of :staradmindrops in the drawer gives the best result.

While I'm here can I just ask someone to remind me the best way to clean the oven? Do I use it neat, warm or cold oven, and how long do I leave it on for please. Ta

Sparrer (true :staradmindrops convert :smiley: )
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.5K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.2K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure