PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

Stardrops: A Users Guide

Options

Comments

• BigMummaF
    BigMummaF Posts: 4,281 Forumite
    Options
    While putting up the new curtain rail in the kitchen, I took advantage of the window being curtainless :p The nets were done the other day & look like new, plus the actual curtains went in the machine with the newly aquired pair of charity shop curtains & a splash of the Amber Nectar. WOW:eek:

The UPVC & windows were easily cleaned using hot water, SD, a microfibre cloth & no more effort than if wiping up a spill...I kept waiting for Paul Daniels & Debbie Magee to take a bow, cuz "That'stuffs Magic!" :j
    Full time Carer for Mum; harassed mother of three;
    loving & loved by two 4-legged babies.

• sb44
    sb44 Posts: 5,203 Forumite
    I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    sparrer wrote: »
    Sorry I can't help with tablets as since I learned on here about soda crystals/Stardrops I just use cheap powder. I imagine half a tab would be enough, that's what I'd use if I used them, IYSWIM! I use approx 1 large tablespoon of powder and the same of crystals in a ball in the drum, plus a quick 'squirt' of Stardrops in the drawer. No more than a desertspoonful or your machine will burst (pardon the pun) into the song 'I'm forever blowing bubbles...' . Stubborn stains get a scrub with a drop of Stardops on a toothbrush before putting in the machine.

Using the above on a 30 wash I'm really impressed with the results.

That's great, thanks for your help.Yep, I normally use powder now but couldn't get any and I was desperate to get some stains out of my daughter's clothes.I have been using just two tablespoons of Stardrops which hardly lathers up as we live in a hardwater area and the stains weren't coming out.Shall give all 3 a go but will put a whole tablet in I think as I can't be bothered with the mess of trying to break one in two as the things seem to crumble and stick to the washing.:)
  • sistercas
    sistercas Posts: 4,803 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    at last!!! I have managed to get hold of some stardrops:j :j :D
    cant wait to start cleaning but ....... do i need to wear rubber gloves?
  • sistercas
    Options
    cleaned bathroom today just put a couple of teaspoons in a squirty bottle topped it up with water and sprayed away:D
    got a beautiful clean , sparkling bathroom with no streaks:j :D

I am a CONVERT!!!!
  • Stephen_Leak
    Options
    sistercas wrote: »
    at last!!! I have managed to get hold of some stardrops:j :j :D
    cant wait to start cleaning but ....... do i need to wear rubber gloves?

Maybe. It's not caustic, but it is a powerful detergent (especially neat), which will remove the oils from your skin, if used for a long time.
    The acquisition of wealth is no longer the driving force in my life. :)
  • Valli
    Valli Posts: 24,784 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Options

Well, managed to find Stardrops at local Sainsburys, tried it on the blood stains on my white shirt and voila!
    Stains came out completely in the wash.
    :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:
    And now I know I can commit..
    Don't put it DOWN; put it AWAY
    "I would like more sisters, that the taking out of one, might not leave such stillness" Emily Dickinson
    :heart:Janice 1964-2016:heart:

Thank you Honey Bear
  • Jojo_the_Tightfisted
    Options
    Seems to work pretty darn well with my Bosch washing machine's cold wash on the dark stuff that just needs a freshen up - the school blazers and swimming kit spring to mind at first. Wonder how cheap a cold wash is compared to a 30 degree one? Going to keep the hot water for when there is actually some visible dirt on the laundry, I think.

We need a Stardrops emote, by the way - can any techie person oblige?
    I could dream to wide extremes, I could do or die: I could yawn and be withdrawn and watch the world go by.
    colinw wrote: »
    Yup you are officially Rock n Roll :D
  • BrandNewDay
    Options
    I've just started a part-time childminding/housekeeping gig. The only cleaning supplies in their house are some value "anti-bacterial cleaner" and some store-brand scrubbing cream. So, I've brought a bottle of Stardrops and some microfiber cloths with me today... I'm going to show that lady what clean looks like. :LOL
    :beer:
  • sistercas
    Options
    I've just started a part-time childminding/housekeeping gig. The only cleaning supplies in their house are some value "anti-bacterial cleaner" and some store-brand scrubbing cream. So, I've brought a bottle of Stardrops and some microfiber cloths with me today... I'm going to show that lady what clean looks like. :LOL

bet she notices a huge difference she will have to wear sunglasses in the house lol:rotfl:
  • BrandNewDay
    BrandNewDay Posts: 1,717 Forumite
    Options
    I actually have to give most of the credit to the microfiber cloths. Her windows and mirrors all had a film on them - I think someone had used a bad cleaner and they left a residue. I used Stardrops to get the film off, rinsed well, then used a glass cleaner to polish up. I've almost used up her glass cleaner, so I'll be using that bottle to make a Stardrops solution spray.

It worked well on her floors, too. But, really, when you're dealing with lots of pets, no matter what product you use, and no matter how much you sweep and vaccuum, you just end up pushing hair around.
    :beer:
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport