We'd like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum. This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are - or become - political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

Risen from the ashes ...

Options

Comments

• cleggie
    cleggie Posts: 2,169 Forumite
    Options
    Just popping on to say that i have subscribed!
  • rising_from_the_ashes
    Options
    cleggie wrote: »
    Just popping on to say that i have subscribed!

Ohhhh myyyyyy .... feeling pressure to write something interesting in here now & then :rotfl::rotfl:
    Grocery Challenge £211/£455 (01/01-31/03)
    2016 Sell: £125/£250
    £1,000 Emergency Fund Challenge #78 £3.96 / £1,000
    Vet Fund: £410.93 / £1,000
    Debt free & determined to stay that way!
  • cleggie
    Options
    Hehehe Rising,
    no pressure at all!!
  • rising_from_the_ashes
    Options
    Well, have spent the past 2 hours or so reading a book in bed:o! (on the Kindle of course as it's soooooo much easier to read this than a "proper" book;)) .... I was cold and it saved putting the heating on!

Had left the lounge door open for the 1st time since the "big fight" on Weds am (apart from a very brief opening on Weds when it was apparent from the hissing, growling and waving tails that they'd not forgiven each other) - there was a growl from big cat and I thought wee cat had tried to sneak in the room but he settled down so thought she'd (sensibly) gone away.

Went to get up and he was on my pillow & she was on the dog bed at the side of mine :j:j - hopefully that's them OK again (until the next time) as fed up of 2 lots of food / water / litter trays already!

Still horrid outside - there's a really nasty wind so not sure I'll be venturing far ... I do need a few bits at Mr A but could hold off until tomorrow - providing I have porriage for my breakfast mmmmmm we'll see!:)
  • cleggie
    Options
    Honestly Rising, i am not stalking you!!:rotfl:

What kinds of things do you NEED? If its things like meat etc, do you get YS items?
    I went to Mr T last week in the evening, about 7.30pm and got loads of meat reduced, the best buy was a massive pack of turket breast, reduced from £3.55 down to 88p!

Thinking about going every Saturday evening to stock up on meat, but not tonight as i have enough food now, and have already overspent!
  • rising_from_the_ashes
    Options
    Honestly Rising, i am not stalking you!!:rotfl:

:rotfl::rotfl:
    What kinds of things do you NEED? If its things like meat etc, do you get YS items?
    I went to Mr T last week in the evening, about 7.30pm and got loads of meat reduced, the best buy was a massive pack of turket breast, reduced from £3.55 down to 88p!

Ohhhh I wish *sigh* nearest sm are a Mr A which is an 18 mile round trip ... followed by Mr T - also an 18 mile round trip but in a different direction:mad: so it's just not worth going on the chance they may have some ys.

Big Mr A is a 42 mile round trip .... Li*dl around the same. Home Bar*gains and Sainsbobs are a whopping 56 mile round trip:eek: so I really only go there every 3 months or so to do a major stock up on things like toiletries & loo rolls!

*sigh* - however, living in the sticks does have its other advantages:D

Really don't need a lot this week .... just milk, crumpets & rolls for lunches next week - unfortunately the Co*op doesn't sell "my" milk as I have to have Lacto*free ..... which means a trip to the wee Mr A or Mr T *sigh*

I do usually go late morning as there's nothing left by this time of day and there's also fantastic beaches beside both so it's a good excuse for a lovely walk (one of those advantages I was talking about ;)) but it's really horrid & windy out .....

Think I may stay put, grab a NSD and hope it's nicer out tomorrow & go then!:)
  • cleggie
    Options
    Morning Rising!
    Just thought i'd pop on to wish you a happy Sunday.
    Sometimes i wished i lived very far away from any SMs, as i wouldnt be so tempted to pop into Mr T every 5 mins!!!

Have a lovely day!
  • rising_from_the_ashes
    Options
    Thank you Cleggie :) .... it's lovely and sunny outside :j although still quite windy.

Will be heading to the beach for a walk shortly, followed by a quick trip to Mr A for a few bits.....
  • rising_from_the_ashes
    Options
    On the theme of being more positive .......

Positives for the day
    • Spring seems to be on it's way!
    • It's been beautiful & sunny (but still really windy)
    • Lovely walk on the beach
    • Managed to stick to my list at Mr A and only spent £13.85 on groceries/toiletries:j
    • Still not bought any meat :) (this month's mini-challenge)
    • Grass had it's first cut of the year (highest setting) & is looking much better
    • Washing has been out for the first time this year
    • Cats seem to be getting on a bit better :cool:
    • Can maybe do my final year at the OU for £1680 ... still a lot but much better than £3.5k+:eek: - have sent away for stuff to see about credit transfer

Negatives for the day
    • Realised as I got the lawn mower out that I needed a new blade at the end of last cutting season & thought I'd put off buying it until I needed to use it again :o - job for next week is to dismantle it & take it to the lawn-mowery place so I get the right one;)
    • Fuel up to 137.9:eek: - thinking I may fill up weekly as paying for a full tank nearly breaks my heart:o
    • Beeping woman's not got back to me about the dog - it's obviously gone but a 1 line email to let me know shouldn't have been that hard to do:mad:
    • Still not 100% convinced the cats are over their hiccup :( - might have to leave them separated for a few days when I'm out to be on the safe side - luckily it doesn't seem to bother Mia at all being in the lounge:)
    mmm overall .... a good day :D
  • cleggie
    Options
    Rising, have your cats never got on, or is one of the new to household or something?
    I have a lovely cat called Sherbert, we got her when she was 11 weeks old, along with her brother.
    Her brother (Liquorice) was run over by a car just over 2 years ago though, and i still miss him. Am thinking about getting another cat, but need to see if finances will allow first. And am worried about them not getting on with Sherbert too.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 12 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 344.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.4K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 236.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.6K Life & Family
  • 248.9K Travel & Transport