PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

Weekly Flylady Thread 10th October 2011

Options

Comments

• decogecko
    decogecko Posts: 763 Forumite
    Options
    Ok my HHC turned out to be 45 min! My dad phoned at 6.29 so multi-tasked and washed up whilst chatting.

On my 45 min challenge...
    Monday..
    Level One
    [STRIKE]
    Vacuum through downstairs .. or sweep/mop
    Dust and deweb all of the downstairs rooms
    [/STRIKE]
    Level Two
    HH doing something necessary... ironing/cleaning/gardenning/studying.. whatever!
    [STRIKE]
    Wash downstairs windows.. insides only!
    [/STRIKE]
    Empty and wash out stinky bins!
    Level Three
    Make sure smoke alarms are all fully functional
    Binbag dance
    [STRIKE]Catch up on important calls[/STRIKE]/emails/letters etc - dad phoning sorted that one!
    Declutter some old emails

Extras
    1. Gather up stray laundry and change a smelly bed (could be a pet bed ;) )
    2. Wipe and water plants
    3. Run appliances through a clean cycle if youve not done it in a while and clean filters.
    4. Make a start on christmas lists.. cards, presents, people to buy for etc..
    plus I made my bed after allowing it to air all day!;), put load in wm, took ironed clothes upstairs that had been hanging in the hallway since Saturday morning:o

Now decluttering a cuppa :coffee:

x
  • karen_is_trying
    karen_is_trying Posts: 143 Forumite
    edited 11 October 2011 at 8:33PM
    Options
    [/COLOR]Hiyas all can i please join these week im nights again this week so got more time in the house than usual so should get some jobs i avoid like the plague done too .... il make a list (im good at lists lol)....Monday..

Monday..
    Level One
    [STRIKE]Vacuum through downstairs .. or sweep/mop
    Dust and deweb all of the downstairs rooms[/STRIKE]
    Level Two
    [STRIKE]HH doing something necessary... ironing/cleaning/gardening/studying.. whatever![/STRIKE]
    Wash downstairs windows.. insides only!-TO DO
    [STRIKE]Empty and wash out stinky bins![/STRIKE]
    [STRIKE]Level ThreeMake sure smoke alarms are all fully functional[/STRIKE]

[STRIKE]Binbag dance[/STRIKE]
    Catch up on important calls/emails/letters etc-TO DO(DO A VISTAPRINT ORDER FOR CHRISTMAS BITS)
    [STRIKE]Declutter some old emails[/STRIKE]
    [STRIKE]GATHER er up stray laundry[/STRIKE] and changould be a pet bed )
    Wipe and water plants-KILL PLANTS SO HAVE NONE LOL
    Run appliances through a clean cycle if youve not done it in a while and clean filters.-TO DO
    [STRIKE]Make a start on christmas lists.. cards, presents, people to buy for etc.
    [/STRIKE]
    Monday extras-
    [STRIKE]1/Retidy shoe cupboard,[/STRIKE]
    [STRIKE]2/Sort Nathans sock n boxers drawers and throw out whats not used...[/STRIKE]
    [STRIKE]3/Make a card for D/H boss-STILL TO DO AM NIGHTS TONIGHT THO SO WILL DO THEN...[/STRIKE]
    [STRIKE]4/H/H tidying Nathans toys rehome what i can rest ebay or charity shop..[/STRIKE]
    [STRIKE]5/Find all credit union books to have them updated for new balances..[/STRIKE].

today has gone better than normal was in a nesty sort of mood,got a few things left to tackle but getting there... are stardrops really as good as everone says for everyday s+s ing?

Tuesday
    Level One
    [STRIKE]Wipe down the kitchen work surfaces so they are beautiful![/STRIKE]
    [STRIKE]Clear firesurround/s of gibble and rhubarb.. wipe and make pretty[/STRIKE]
    Level Two
    [STRIKE]Vacuum or wash some dusty curtains! and/or dust some blinds[/STRIKE]
    Clear 3 window sills of junk that doesnt live there!-to do
    [STRIKE]Wipe the phones [/STRIKE]and keyboards and naughty mouses.. think toilet germs!new phone yesterday keyboard to do...
    Level Three
    vacuum the stairs and wipe handrails-to do
    [STRIKE]HH-something.[/STRIKE].
    Tidy out the cupboard you stuff all the paperwork in to hide it
    Extras-to do
    [STRIKE]Pair up some odd socks![/STRIKE]
    [STRIKE]Sort out old shoes/bags/etc[/STRIKE]
    [STRIKE]hats and gloves and scarves and boots for the freezingness of wintericlesMake sure everyone has[/STRIKE]!
    [STRIKE]Check last posting dates for christmas things for friends and rellies overseas!-[/STRIKE]- not necessary here..

working nights this week so catching up when can, my personallist is tiny at mo but will start plodding thru it thursday when back to my normal shifts cant wait ...:T
    1414-sealed pot challenge :j157-virtual sealed pot challenge:) £10.23..
    £175.73/£280 october grocery challenge:eek: 3/15 NSD October ;)
  • sharonr
    sharonr Posts: 311 Forumite
    Options
    In as a part-timer.

Wish I didn't have to work as I'd love to do this full-time for a couple of months. Feel sure my house would look loads better if I could.

Still, be careful what you wish for - don't want to be made redundant!
  • sketchingkari
    sketchingkari Posts: 144 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    edited 10 October 2011 at 11:00PM
    Options
    I think I did pretty well for a first try, pretty much all day on the list, plus some bedding washed and dried as the weather was so good

Monday..
    Level One
    [STRIKE]
    Vacuum through downstairs .. or sweep/mop
    [/STRIKE]

Level Two
    [STRIKE]
    HH doing something necessary... I need to do 30 mins on course everyday, so will include this
    Empty and wash out stinky bins! These really need doing, so will find time.
    [/STRIKE]
    Level Three
    [STRIKE]
    Make sure smoke alarms are all fully functional-did yesterday while cooking roast lol
    [/STRIKE]

Cooked a sausage casserole, did about 4hrs on my cross stitch commission, washed up, cleaned up after kiddies far too any times, listed on ebay and sorted some financial headaches.

Pretty good day all in all, bring on day 2 lol
  • LameWolf
    LameWolf Posts: 11,235 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Decogecko I for one would be extremely grateful for Reiki; I have found it to be beneficial in the past.:o

Wendywitch stay strong. The DDs may sulk now, but you'll be doing them no favours if you fold. They'll thank you for it later in life.;)

Mr LW's mouse has been playing up (NOT, I hasten to add, in the same way that Piggers' naughty mouse does):D so he's re-installed the drivers, and *touches wood* it seems to be behaving itself now.

Ah, I detect a mug of hot chocolate being prepared.... Night, all.:hello:
    If your dog thinks you're the best, don't seek a second opinion.;)
  • skintbint_2
    skintbint_2 Posts: 1,822 Forumite
    edited 11 October 2011 at 6:54AM
    Options
    oh well got off to a decent start yesterday and am looking forward to the end of the week - gee i will feel all smug!! am on leave this week but kids off school and o/h on nightshift always hate it when ends up like that as cat get on as much as would like so if i get caught up work next week wont be so bad - i work full time and also run a small business - no wonder am up at this time of the morning (been up since 4.10)- mind is buzzing have so much to do.

Wendywitchits amazing how its you that ends up on the guilt trip my two are exactly the same DS (13) wanted a fiver to go down town handed him £3 and you'd think i burnt his hand!!!! then i got a phonecall asking to bring his fishing stuff down to the harbour (5mile round trip) just got in the house and an hour later got a call to go and pick him up!!!!!

Monday..
    Level One
    [STRIKE]Vacuum through downstairs .. or sweep/mop[/STRIKE]
    [STRIKE]Dust and deweb all of the downstairs rooms[/STRIKE]
    Level Two[STRIKE]
    HH doing something necessary... ironing/cleaning/gardenning/studying.. whatever!30 pieces of ironing
    Wash downstairs windows.. insides only![/STRIKE]
    Empty and wash out stinky bins!
    Level Three
    Make sure smoke alarms are all fully functional
    [STRIKE]Binbag dance[/STRIKE]
    Catch up on important calls/emails/letters etc still couple of calls to do
    [STRIKE]Declutter some old emails[/STRIKE]
    Extras
    [STRIKE]Gather up stray laundry [/STRIKE] aa smelly bed (could be a pet bed )
    Wipe and water plants - killed them all!
    [STRIKE]Run appliances through a clean cycle if youve not done it in a while and clean filters[/STRIKE].
    [STRIKE]Make a start on christmas lists.. cards, presents, people to buy for etc.nd change[STRIKE][/ST[/STRIKE]RIKE].

own list:
    1. [STRIKE]proper shop - spending far too much just popping out for bits and pieces![/STRIKE]
    2.[STRIKE]get caught up with the washing[/STRIKE]
    3. muck out back sitting room

Tuesday
    Level One[STRIKE]
    Wipe down the kitchen work surfaces so they are beautiful![/STRIKE] did yesterday
    C[STRIKE][STRIKE]lear firesurround/s of gibble and rhubarb.. wipe and make pretty[/STRIKE][/STRIKE] edit did at 6.45am
    Level Two
    [STRIKE]Vacuum or wash some dusty curtains! and/or dust some blinds[/STRIKE] did on saturday
    [STRIKE]Clear 3 window sills of junk that doesnt live there![/STRIKE]did yesterday when cleaning the windows
    Wipe the phones and keyboards and naughty mouses.. think toilet germs!
    Level Three
    vacuum the stairs and wipe handrails
    [STRIKE]HH-something.. another 30 bits of irognin[/STRIKE] done finished by 6.30am
    Tidy out the cupboard you stuff all the paperwork in to hide it - see you in about 2013 there is so much of it!!
    Extras
    Pair up some odd socks!
    Sort out old shoes/bags/etc
    Make sure everyone has hats and gloves and scarves and boots for the freezingness of wintericles!
    Check last posting dates for christmas things for friends and rellies overseas!
    check orders for rest of month and order supplies if needed
    Wm x2
    skintbint x
    here's tae us, wha's like us - fell few and and they're a deid"
    10k in 2010/£6988.30-69.88%@29/12/10, 11k in 2011/£897 07.04.11- fell by the wayside!!!
    12k in 2012 - £204.00 @ 4/1/12

do not confuse me with the other skintbint who joined dec2011 - i am the original bint:rotfl:
  • juliejim
    juliejim Posts: 7,943 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Morning All

I haven't caught up after a busy weekend at the Beaver sleepover.

LW - what was the name of that ladder place you used?

I'll try and catch up later

Have a good day all

Hugs

Jue
    NST #10 Steps 7K 2/30 10K 2/12 5 a day 3/30 NSD 0/20
    MBNA £5500
  • knittingcathy
    Options
    Hi, I have not been here for a good few weeks but have moved house so really need to get back to it as I have moved from a very small 2 bed flat to a very large bed 3 level town house, so if I don't start doing some flying I can see it getting far too much to cope with very quickly. I was going to join in yesterday but OH was off work and wanted to go into town for things so ended up out all day and working last night.
    I am going to go away and get kids ready for school now throw them out then I can started on downstairs which is easy as its my bedroom and the front and back door but the cupboard with the coats and shoes might take a while might get lost in there. Going to make up a Toots list later and try get 1 thing done each day on it to get through the decorating and bits and bobs still needing done.
    As for the american sight I had a look at it but when it came to getting dressed first thing I stumbled as I do some of my best flying in my jammies, I stopped being told when to get dressed years ago when I left my mums house so gave up with that one.
    Lose 20lb in 12 weeks 5/20
  • mummyroysof3
    mummyroysof3 Posts: 4,566 Forumite
    Options
    Monday..
    Level One
    Level Two
    Wash downstairs windows.. insides only!
    wash out stinky bins!

Tuesday
    Level One
    Wipe down the kitchen work surfaces so they are beautiful!
    Level Two
    Vacuum or wash some dusty curtains! and/or dust some blinds
    Level Three
    vacuum the stairs and wipe handrails
    HH-something..
    Extras
    1. Make sure everyone has hats and gloves and scarves and boots for the freezingness of wintericles!
    2. Check last posting dates for christmas things for friends and rellies overseas!

at a course at school most of day so wont get much done really but ill try
    Have a Bsc Hons open degree from the Open University 2015 :j:D:eek::T
  • kazwookie
    kazwookie Posts: 13,863 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Morning

Floors done
    Washing up done
    Draining stuff from last night put away
    Stewed apples frozen in portions.
    Chops out of freezer for tonights dinner