PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.
🗳️ ELECTION 2024: THE MSE LEADERS' DEBATE Got a burning question you want us to ask the party leaders ahead of the general election? Post them on our dedicated Forum board where you can see and upvote other users' questions, or submit your suggestions via this form. Please note that the Forum's rules on avoiding general political discussion still apply across all boards.

Weekly Flylady Thread 10th October 2011

Options

Comments

• euronorris
    euronorris Posts: 12,247 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post PPI Party Pooper
    Options
    OK, am in again this week, but nowt will be done tonight as a) I have Qi Kwan Do and b) I am knackered already thanks to stress and worry about family members and I intend to shower, eat, declutter a glass of wine with the OH and go to bed when I get in. Oh no, I still need to do my Dutch homework! BAD Euro!

OH's brother is.....stressful. We feel like we're constantly waiting for a call to tell us he's no longer here. :( And my youngest nephew (2 months) was taken into hospital last night with a high fever (100+) :( Thankfully, after a night of fretting (and antibiotics), he is doing much better today (temp down to 37.2) but they will keep him in another night to be sure. OH and I do not sleep well with stuff like this going on, so am now knackered!

But, tomorrow will be another day. So, I plan to start on the following:
    Monday..
    Level One
    Vacuum through downstairs .. or sweep/mop Not required as our 'downstairs' is a very small space (about 3ft by 4ft) and was hoovered on Sunday
    Dust and deweb all of the downstairs rooms As above
    Level Two
    HH doing something necessary... ironing/cleaning/gardenning/studying.. whatever! Studying will be the focus for tonight I think
    Wash downstairs windows.. insides only! Don't have any.
    Empty and wash out stinky bins! Will wait until Wednesday night as they are collected on Thursday morning and will not have anywhere to store the bin bags!
    Level Three
    Make sure smoke alarms are all fully functional
    Binbag dance
    Catch up on important calls/emails/letters etc
    Declutter some old emails

Extras
    1. Gather up stray laundry and change a smelly bed (could be a pet bed ;) ) Bed was only changed on Sunday, and stray laundry is not allowed in this house so is picked up each day
    2. Wipe and water plants No plants
    3. Run appliances through a clean cycle if youve not done it in a while and clean filters.
    4. Make a start on christmas lists.. cards, presents, people to buy for etc..
    Hey, Monday was alright hey?!

Tuesday
    Level One
    Wipe down the kitchen work surfaces so they are beautiful!
    Clear firesurround/s of gibble and rhubarb.. wipe and make pretty Don't have a fire
    Level Two
    Vacuum or wash some dusty curtains! and/or dust some blinds
    Clear 3 window sills of junk that doesnt live there!
    Wipe the phones and keyboards and naughty mouses.. think toilet germs!
    Level Three
    vacuum the stairs and wipe handrails Was done on Sunday already :)
    HH-something.. :D
    Tidy out the cupboard you stuff all the paperwork in to hide it
    Extras
    1. Pair up some odd socks! There aren't any
    2. Sort out old shoes/bags/etc Already done a month or so ago
    3. Make sure everyone has hats and gloves and scarves and boots for the freezingness of wintericles! Done, and washed and ready
    4. Check last posting dates for christmas things for friends and rellies overseas!
    Huh, not as bad as I thought then. Might have a chance to catch up this week :D

HUGS to all who need them!

xx
    February wins: Theatre tickets
  • knittingcathy
    Options
    Monday..
    Level One
    Level Two
    HH doing something necessary... ironing/cleaning/gardenning/studying.. whatever!
    Level Three
    Catch up on important calls/emails/letters etc
    Declutter some old emails

Extras
    Run appliances through a clean cycle if youve not done it in a while and clean filters.

Tuesday
    Clear firesurround/s of gibble and rhubarb.. wipe and make pretty
    Level Two
    Vacuum or wash some dusty curtains! and/or dust some blinds
    Clear 3 window sills of junk that doesnt live there!
    Level Three
    HH-something..
    Tidy out the cupboard you stuff all the paperwork in to hide it -Don't have one of these yet.
    Extras
    TOOTS LIST
    1. Clean back door.-Done
    2. finish wall in master bedroom
    3. Build wardrobe for master bedroom.
    4. Scrape paint off living room window.
    5. Get to bottom of ironing.
    6. Turn cupboard upstairs into toy storage.
    7.Prep landings and stairs for painting.
    8.Paint landings and stairs.
    9.Phone Eon
    10.Get all clothes out of Garage.
    11.Get all toys out of garage.
    12. email Eon.
    13.Try to solve storage problems for knitting gear.
    14.finish xmas knitting.
    15.Write xmas cards
    16.Paint window sill in master bedroom

If it missing I have done it. Also 4xWM, dinner all ready just to be heated and served. I have started a Toots list and done the first thing on the list I know there is a lot more to be added but will get that done as I go. good star so feeling positive hope I can keep it up for the rest of the week.
    Lose 20lb in 12 weeks 5/20
  • LameWolf
    LameWolf Posts: 11,235 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    cat_smith wrote: »
    ????
    Labradors are known for their ability to positively inhale their food. And Mr LW does love his food.....:D:D:D:D

Birsay biscuits and coffee'n'walnut buns have duly been made, and all the work tops have been gone over with the Astonish equivalent of Dettox.

I am completely cream crackered! *looks at food plan*
    *groan* I have to do bangers and roast root veg for dins tonight.... Anyone got a spoon or two I could scrounge?:o
    If your dog thinks you're the best, don't seek a second opinion.;)
  • Goodintentions
    Options
    thanks Dusty :)
    I was going to try it, because so many on here swear by it. I could never find it, and didn't know what I was looking for!

Chicken stock made. I will attempt to turn it into soup later :) I have never made chicken soup before. the stock is a bit bland at the moment, so it will need plenty of seasoning.

i think i will look at the art accounts. If I can get the money ready to pay in, I can go to the bank in the morning. I will also pay in DH's tax rebate cheque he received yesterday :j the second in about a month!! :D (they must be like buses :p)
  • cat_smith
    cat_smith Posts: 1,258 Forumite
    edited 11 October 2011 at 2:43PM
    Options
    LameWolf wrote: »
    Labradors are known for their ability to positively inhale their food. And Mr LW does love his food.....:D:D:D:D

Don't think its confined to Labradors - Oz can inhale from a mile away.

ETA: Picked up our 'family photos' They are Sooooo Oz. Will try and photograph and post. They are gorgeous.
    GC Mar 13 £47.36/£150
  • pigpen
    pigpen Posts: 41,067 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Options
    *shuffles a box of spoons to LW*
    LB moment 10/06 Debt Free date 6/6/14
    Hope to be debt free until the day I die
    Mortgage-free Wannabee (05/08/30)
    6/6/14 £72,454.65 (5.65% int.)
    08/12/2023 £33602.00 (4.81% int.)
  • sharonr
    sharonr Posts: 311 Forumite
    Options
    [STRIKE]Wash LOs bedding [/STRIKE]
    Mozzie's trip
    [STRIKE] DW
    Finalise year end accounts
    [/STRIKE]Put away one basket of laundry
    [STRIKE]
    Clear coffee table
    Clear LR floor
    Vacuum LR floor
    [/STRIKE]
    Pair socks
    Remake DDs bed

Just having a quick 5 mins before I need to wake DS and walk to pick up DD. Will do the Mozzie's run at the same time.

Also, DD's teacher finally gave me the sponsorship money she owed this morning (we did the walk on the 25th), so I've written the cheque and envelope and will post that off to the Alzheimer's Society when I've got DD.

Ah well, better go and wake DS...
  • LameWolf
    LameWolf Posts: 11,235 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    cat_smith wrote: »
    Oh, and anyone wanting a serious laugh - try the 'it was getting tough thread'. But not if you are very conservative. Start at post 3960. Its amazing what gets discussed on MSE:D:D
    Just had a look while I try and muster some spoons for the rest of the day....:rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:

Reminds me of the time a chap from CAMRA offered to loan me a book (ordinary bog-standard sci-fi, nothing exotic, I hasten to add):D. He said he'd pop it through the letterbox, but in the event, he rang the doorbell to hand it to me himself. I said "thank you" and took it, and he just stood there.... and stood there. So I said something like "see you at the next meeting, probably" and off he trotted.

I told Mr LW about this later, and said "Dunno why S stood there on the doorstep like a stuffed lemon for so long" and Mr LW informed me that S is something of a Lothario, and was waiting to be invited in, and not just for a cup of tea!:eek::eek::eek: Well, it'd never even have occurred to me to invite him in, let alone for anything more than tea!:eek::cool:

I really need to get out more.....:rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:

OK, back to the listy to keep this post on topic... Level Three today says:
    HH-something.. :D
    So I'm going for a HHYoga again; starting....... NOW!:rotfl:
    If your dog thinks you're the best, don't seek a second opinion.;)
  • toochoosey
    toochoosey Posts: 7,370 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    I have done some studying and my brain is fried now!!! Who knew trying to be a teaching assistant could be so hard!!!!

DDin school till 4:30 today so will find something to do for the next hh...............xx
  • Jojo_the_Tightfisted
    Options
    Afternoon....I'm not flying today.

Erghhhh...major RA flare. Been brewing for ages and ages and ages, but after playing Sunday and at the club last night (so tired, when playing a really really reeeeeaaaaaaalllllllllllyyyyyyyyyyy slllllllloooooooooooooooooooowwwwwwwww ballad, was practically falling asleep between bars. Spent every available moment splodged out on a sofa as well when not playing.

Woke up this morning and I couldn't move my fingers at all, can hardly lift one foot up enough to navigate steps and couldn't deal with my DMs, so had to wear Vans without laces.

Just as well I had an appointment for a steroid shot at the hospital at 9, wasn't it?

Consultant took one look at me trying to follow her into her consulting room and went 'oh dear'. :cool:

Anyway, she's trying to get the new GP to sort out a system where I can go there every 3 months and get a slightly lower dose that is repeated without my 10 repeat appointments being cancelled and pushed back until I'm going 7-12 months between shots. Gotta love the NHS. If it doesn't happen (which is highly likely) I'm going to offer to do the flaming things myself. How hard can it be? I've got proper bass player arms, so it's not as if there's a shortage of muscles not covered by fat. Well, not on my top half, anyway :whistle:

Just before I left after getting stabbed by the nice nurse, the consultant called after me and said 'next time, phone me up for an appointment before your hands blow up like balloons'. They didn't look that bad to me but on closer inspection, I can't see my knuckles or tendons :(

So I have degibbled the black sofa and I am now waiting for the blessed Depomedrone (with a codeine chaser) to work its magic on every joint in my body - they all already making the most horrendous crunches and cracks, which means they're beginning to loosen up. Or drop off.

Got some leftover veg curry in the fridge as well. Think that's going into the microwave once the drugs make it possible for me to open the lid :)
    I could dream to wide extremes, I could do or die: I could yawn and be withdrawn and watch the world go by.
    colinw wrote: »
    Yup you are officially Rock n Roll :D
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 11 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 343.9K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 236K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills