PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

Weekly Flylady Thread 10th October 2011

Options

Comments

• Mumto5
    Mumto5 Posts: 1,838 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Morning everyone. Thanks to Pigpen and Toots for the lists.

The ironing is more or less up to date. Downstairs was thoroughly hoovered yesterday because everyone walked mud in after football.

Heart pouring out alert.

Sorry I went awol last week. DS1 dropped a bombshell and it's taken some time to get my breath back. Some of the regulars may remember my happiness at his apprentice chef job? He was being used as cheap labour while the current staff had their holidays. The kitchen is now overcrowded and they have got rid of him. He thought it was his fault so didn't tell us for a week and pretended to go to work every day while he pounded the streets looking for a new job. He finally confided in his cousin who pointed out it wasn't his fault and that he had to tell us.

I am so winded. When someone hurts your child you can't imagine the pain you feel for them can cut so deep. DS1 is now very low and is being very uncommunicative and difficult. It's too late for him to go back to college as he's missed 5 weeks and he's too young to claim any benefit. I'm so furious the restaurant can treat a 17 year old so badly.

I wish I could say I feel better for typing it out but I don't :(
  • nattyt
    nattyt Posts: 431 Forumite
    Options
    I am in but doubt I'll post much. xx
    If music be the food of love then play on
    "No matter what happens, or how bad it seems today, life does go on, and it will be better tomorrow". ღ ~Maya Angelou
    Doing it for my kids. For a better secure life. x
  • xx_Jo_xx
    xx_Jo_xx Posts: 2,858 Forumite
    Uniform Washer
    Options
    Hmmm - have found a new method of decluttering....

If i just drop and smash all the glasses and dishes -- they do not need to be wrapped, packed and moved!

*rolls eyes and goes to find dustpan and brush*
    :)Sometimes lurking, sometimes posting, but always flying:)
    You are supposed to be the leading lady of your own life, for God's sake! - The Holiday
    DFW :idea: August 2013... Debt total £15,475.56 - Jan 15 £11,738.66 - DEBT FREE by 2015
    Feb GC £48.02/£250 (£201.98)
    :D I will declutter my house and debts :D
  • xx_Jo_xx
    Uniform Washer
    Options
    Hugs Mumto5 - that does seem very unfair.

Is there anyway you could speak to the HR dept and explain the situation they have now put him in? Is there another vacancy he could fulfil in the short term? xx
    You are supposed to be the leading lady of your own life, for God's sake! - The Holiday
    DFW :idea: August 2013... Debt total £15,475.56 - Jan 15 £11,738.66 - DEBT FREE by 2015
  • iamsalt
    iamsalt Posts: 295 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Mumto5 thats terrible, your poor son, and to think he was so worried so kept going out to try and find another job. I an't believe people can treat people like that, especially when its his first experience of the working world. Thinking of you all and hoping he gets a job soon. xx

No flying yet but about to get the cobweb slayer and pop washing on line, glorious sunshine and lots of wind here so perfect day to dry.
    £400,000 starting Jan 2020 current end date Aug 2041 I would love the end date to be 2027 but will aim first for 2037.
    1% target £4000 so far £20 paid
  • Jude123
    Jude123 Posts: 350 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Hi I am a newbie to Flylady have been looking on here and signed up to the actual website. Just a bit overwhelmed by all the emails I am getting from them!! Also they all seem to be trying to sell you things, which we probably con't buy in uk anyway, does anybody use their online tools over here?

Due to financial constraints we have had to get rid of the cleaner and now I am finding that it is taking over 3 hours to clean the whole house - I do it on a wed am when I am off work. It is not a massive house, 4 beds with ensuite, familiy bathroom and downstairs loo. The cleaner used to do it in less than 3 hours and she would do irining as well. Please I need some help to reduce the time it takes me. I work 3 days, have two DS and so don't have loads of time in morning and evenings to do it. I just wondered if anyone had any tips/advice. From what I have read it looks like peeps do a bit every day rather than tackling the whole house in one day. But I seem to get distracted by things that need sorting out etc

Also I am struggling to clean my shower cubicle without getting wet:mad:. I get in so that I can clean the limescale off the inside of the door and try to clean the walls and tray, but always get soaked when I try to rinse, any tip from you experts, The shower is fixed onto the wall so can't take down and direct :(

TIA I really want to be a cleaning angel without it taking so long!
  • LameWolf
    LameWolf Posts: 11,235 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Jojo WOO-HOO Way to go!:T:T:T:T:T I really do wish I was near enough to you to attend one of your gigs.:o

Mumto5 + DS1 (((HUGS))) That is unfair, unethical, and downright evil of the restaurant! Poor chap, I can imagine it'll take him a while to get over a kick in the teeth like that.
    adamantine wrote: »
    non-flying related question but an MSE one.

are those letters you get from readers digest actually genuine? the ones saying that you are due to receive your prize draw numbers and need to return them to be in with a chance to win the money? could do with 100grand like lol.
    Hmmm..... my take on it is that yes they're probably genuine, but your chances of winnng are so vanishingly small as to be non-existent. It's just a means of getting you firmly onto their pester-list, and you'll never stop getting advertising/selling missives from them.
    Mooloo wrote: »
    Well i am struggling so I will go for level one this week! Better then nothing.
    (((HUG))) I feel your pain; my knees are giving me mega-gyp today, so I'm fluttering gently. Shall we prop each other up, perhaps? If we get Molly41 with us, we can form a tripod!:rotfl:
    Jude123 wrote: »
    Hi I am a newbie to Flylady have been looking on here and signed up to the actual website. Just a bit overwhelmed by all the emails I am getting from them!! Also they all seem to be trying to sell you things, which we probably con't buy in uk anyway, does anybody use their online tools over here?!
    Step away from the American site - it's s-s-s-scary over there!:D You'll find all the motivation and friendship in the world right here on this thread.:o

Right, I've eaten a spot of lunch (ham-style Quorn slice, Somerset Brie and cucumber in HM bread, if you're interested - and delicious it was, too:D) so I'm going for HH Dragon-dusting at 13:00. Anyone want to join in for a HHSomething?:o
    If your dog thinks you're the best, don't seek a second opinion.;)
  • vanilla
    vanilla Posts: 3,277 Forumite
    Options
    Phew exam done but i won't find out my marks until next week. I hate waiting...:rotfl:

Been sorting out some finances since i came home. Rhys is snoozing so i'll leave him for awhile and then we'll head into town.

Jojo well done :T
    Mumto5 thats awful, i hope something turns up real soon to lift his spirits.

Right i'll go and sort the wm/td and dw out. Need boys room cleared today so thats a job for later when there all home. Must remember DD is in for her flu jab, i forgot last week. :o
    Sometimes it seems that the going is just too rough.
    And things go wrong no matter what I do.
    Now and then it seems that life is just too much.
    But you've got the love I need to see me through.
    :j :j
  • xx_Jo_xx
    Uniform Washer
    Options
    Hey havent caught up with the thread - still! Just popped on the see if anyone wanted to join HHC... but see LW is already off - so Im in!! :D

**rushes to catch up with LW**
  • toochoosey
    toochoosey Posts: 7,370 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Back from work.....didn't have time to put the hoover round earlier, so going to make up a quick sauce for pasta and put the hoover round and empty/reload the wm+td before scoffing and getting stuck into the college work..........xx
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.5K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.2K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure