PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

Preparing for winter III

Options

Comments

• beanrua
    beanrua Posts: 407 Forumite
    Options
    Just peeped out the window and it's all white - virgin snow - no footprints or tyre marks - looks beautiful!!!
    Treat the Earth well,
    It was not given to you by your parents,
    It was loaned to you by your children.
    Masai proverb
  • thenanny2die4
    Options
    I've been gunning for snow (big kid alert) and got all excited just now when I saw we had some sleet blowing around. :rotfl:

However, I'm a bit miffed as, having spent weeks filling cupboards in readiness, I decided to eat out of the freezer last week and not shop until this coming week so I'm out of eggs and only have a little milk. :(

Off to Mr T tomorrow then to stock up again.
    Avoiding plastic, palm oil and Nestlé
  • prepareathome
    Options
    We have a yellow alert now for snow tomorrow, but the actual forecast does not actually mention it, just shows how the met office don't feel secure in even giving a forecast for 24 hrs any more. Has actually got a bit warmer outside - climbed from 0c to 3c and its actually stopped raining, but for how long, but less chance of ice now, but not holding my breath. I love snow but then not out and about much, where as OH is out delivering in it, although he is off tomorrow.
    Need to get back to getting finances under control now kin kid at uni as savings are zilch

Fashion on a ration coupon 2021 - 21 left
  • jools27_2
    jools27_2 Posts: 1,155 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker Mortgage-free Glee!
    Options
    Sleet??? Ive just looked out and someone has replaced the car in the driveway with a giant snowball!!!!!
    RIP Iain
    13/11/63-22/12/12
  • singlestep
    Options
    Only a light covering of snow here but all that could change one way or the other by the time I wake up. Have just spent an hour looking for my Wintertrax and getting more and more wound up about not finding them because I knew I'd put them somewhere safe last week. I gave up, went to put my purse back in to my work bag ... and there they were! :rotfl:
  • Thriftkitten
    Thriftkitten Posts: 1,242 Forumite
    Options
    Please take pity on this snow loving thriftkitten, I'd love to see some live webcams of your snowy hometowns if poss, stay warm people and don't forget the birdie's when you having your toast and Jam this morning. Thankyou for all your snowy updates, Me and the girls loved looking at all your snowy pics last year, especially the preppers up in Scotland!!!:T
    Thriftkitten;)

Tesco saving stamps £13.00:T

Roadkill Rebel No.31 July2014 Treasure £1.03p :D
    August 2014
  • prepareathome
    Options
    I actually bought myself a pair of Wintertrax this year but way things are looking I don't think they will be put to use, been looking forward to trying them and being able to walk and feeling smug in ice when everyone else is slipping and sliding.:rotfl::rotfl:
    Need to get back to getting finances under control now kin kid at uni as savings are zilch

Fashion on a ration coupon 2021 - 21 left
  • mardatha
    mardatha Posts: 15,612 Forumite
    Options
    Sunny morning but had another couple inches snow during the night, and its all frozen hard. Absolutely baltic when I went to let chickens out. They came out, took a couple of steps, then went back in again :D
  • jamanda
    jamanda Posts: 968 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Take care everyone - there is sheet ice that you can't see.

I've just tried to call in local Tesco on my way in to work. When I tried to turn into a parking space (very slowly) car spun round. I gently lowered one leg out of the door and it was just a skating rink.

I decided it wasn't worth the risk, and very carefully extricated myself and came in to work early instead.
  • Eliza_2
    Eliza_2 Posts: 1,323 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    My chickens have rubbish memories. Last year they didn't emerge for months when the snow was here, though I did have a brief spell of unusual egg-laying which I put down to the brightness - perhaps they thought it was summer. Chickens are nearly as thick as sheep after all. So this morning they came rushing out and into the bushes as usual, only to kick up a big fuss as if it was all my fault. I see they are now back in their house peering out.

What is more worrying is that there is a very well worn track between a hole in a dry stone wall and the chicken house. Please let it not be rats - though I suspect it is.

Need to get the fire on - the blizzard has stopped and it all looks treacherously beautiful for a while.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure