Solar energy - Feed-in Tariff payment delays - your experiences?

Options

Comments

• summersday_2
    Options
    Scottish Power
    Reading 22.10.12 Payment 12.11.12 (21 days including weekends)
    Reading 20.01.13 Payment 04.02.13 (15 days " " )
    Reading 19.04.13 Payment 14.05.13 (25 days)
    Reading 13.07.13 Payment 04.09.13 (22 days)
    Reading 11.10.13 Payment 29.10.13 (18 days)
    Reading 10.01.14 Payment 29.01.14 (19 days)
    Reading 10.04.14 Payment still waiting 17 days

Was very disappointed with the service in September 2013 with a lot of problems and not receiving replies via email etc and complained. Was paid £30 compensation but fought for it.

I did have my gas and electricity with Scottish Power but have now moved to npower but leaving the solar panel system with Scottish Power.

When I had my install the company who fitted it filled in all the paperwork for me and advised me to post it recorded delivery and had no problems with Scottish Power.
  • Jeannine
    Jeannine Posts: 342 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Here's my experience so far:

Registration paperwork received by SSE on 12th November 2013
    FiT Agreement etc received by me on 17th February 2014 (That took THREE months!)
    Meter reading requested, and given, on 17th March.
    And no payment yet!! SSE say that payment will be made in the next quarterly billing period, but we've had the panels working away for nearly 6 months, and not a penny yet...:(
  • Living_proof
    Living_proof Posts: 1,921 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    My complaint is with the lack of acknowledgement of applications. My installer completed and emailed the forms on 25th March which was the date of installation. I had heard nothing so emailed my supplier, EDF, to ask what was going on. They now say that two proofs of identity are missing and that they can't formally register me for FITs until they receive this. Is this something new or just another excuse? Will the zero registering on the generation meter at installation still be the point for FITs? An event in a brewery springs instantly to mind.
    Solar Suntellite 250 x16 4kW Afore 3600TL dual 2KW E 2KW W no shade, DN15 March 14
    [SIZE Givenergy 9.5 battery added July 23
    [/SIZE]
  • nigelpm
    nigelpm Posts: 433 Forumite
    Options
    My complaint is with the lack of acknowledgement of applications. My installer completed and emailed the forms on 25th March which was the date of installation. I had heard nothing so emailed my supplier, EDF, to ask what was going on. They now say that two proofs of identity are missing and that they can't formally register me for FITs until they receive this. Is this something new or just another excuse? Will the zero registering on the generation meter at installation still be the point for FITs? An event in a brewery springs instantly to mind.
    Installer allowed to fill out forms but should be sent from you and signed by you so that sounds odd to me.
  • Dave_Fowler
    Dave_Fowler Posts: 613 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    When I applied for my FITs registration with EDF the forms stated they needed two proofs of identity. The last application I made (second system) was in December 2012.

Dave F
    Solar PV System 1: 2.96kWp South+8 degrees. Roof 38 degrees. 'Normal' system
    Solar PV System 2: 3.00kWp South-4 degrees. Roof 28 degrees. SolarEdge system
    EV car, PodPoint charger
    Lux LXP 3600 ACS + 6 x 2.4kWh Aoboet LFP 2400 battery storage. Installed Feb 2021
  • Living_proof
    Living_proof Posts: 1,921 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    My installers tell me that there have only been two cases where poi was required and that has been since the last tariff change - in the past EDF didn't ask for it if your account was with them. I have sent mine off now but it rather sours the experience for the first time solar owner.
    Solar Suntellite 250 x16 4kW Afore 3600TL dual 2KW E 2KW W no shade, DN15 March 14
    [SIZE Givenergy 9.5 battery added July 23
    [/SIZE]
  • groovyf
    groovyf Posts: 286 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Options
    Submitted my first reading to British Gas on 22nd May, and just received my cheque today. Very happy with that speedy turnaround.
    4kWp system (Feb 2014) : 1.5 SW, 2.5 NE (16x Bisol BMO/250, Aurora Power-One UNO PVI-3.6 Inverter : pvoutput.org/list.jsp?id=29935
  • John_Pierpoint
    John_Pierpoint Posts: 8,391 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    "Your next meter reading will be due on or after 14 may 2014, you should receive an email reminder for this and there will be a link on the email for you to leave your reading."

Got your cheque yet ?

Does it cover the full period from your installer registering your installation on the PV database?

Or are you going to have to wait 20 years to make up the first few weeks of generation ?
  • fairflow
    Options
    It has always taken SSE more than 2 months to pay but it seems this will get worse now...

Strictly, one thing _has_ improved. They used to take a month to acknowledge generation meter readings. Now they've implemented an automatic reply system which give the following unencouraging message:

Thank you for supplying your FIT Reading(s).

Your payment will now be processed within a quarter.

Isn't that longer than they are allowed? 3 months seems much too long. My expectation is that it will not be less, but we'll see. Anyone have experience with Good Energy and their payment times?
  • Fruit_and_Nut_Case
    Options
    fairflow wrote: »
    Anyone have experience with Good Energy and their payment times?
    I'm with Good Energy for my FiT payments. I wouldn't recommend them if your prime concern is speedy payments; you'll get your money 6 to 8 weeks after supplying a reading. I stay with them because of their ethical stance.
    Are you for real? - Glass Half Empty??
    :coffee:
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport