Solar energy - Feed-in Tariff payment delays - your experiences?

Options

Comments

• Vomityspice
    Vomityspice Posts: 637 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Gave our readings to nPower on the 27th march and the money in my account on the 4th April.

can't really complain about that.....
  • theboylard
    theboylard Posts: 1,207 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Reading all these good reports about speedy settlement for FiT from some of the big 6, makes me wonder whether choosing Good Energy as our licencee was a wise choice? Based on research it seems that they settle after 10 weeks :0
    4kWp, SSE, SolarEdge P300 optimisers & SE3500 Inverter, in occasionally sunny Corby, Northants.
    Now with added Sunsynk 5kw hybrid ecco inverter & 15kWh Fogstar batteries. Oh Octopus Energy too.
  • kevin6666
    kevin6666 Posts: 84 Forumite
    Options
    theboylard wrote: »
    Reading all these good reports about speedy settlement for FiT from some of the big 6, makes me wonder whether choosing Good Energy as our licencee was a wise choice? Based on research it seems that they settle after 10 weeks :0
    Good point. Money is no object as far as the big 6 is concerned. They tend to have small bespoke teams for FIT who want to have as easy a life as possible and it's not lost on them paying as quick as possible will help achieve that. People get hung up on some of the big 6 small print about how long they have to pay and how they delay to claim the interest etc which is complete nonsense.
  • tunnel
    tunnel Posts: 2,588 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    kevin6666 wrote: »
    Good point. Money is no object as far as the big 6 is concerned. They tend to have small bespoke teams for FIT who want to have as easy a life as possible and it's not lost on them paying as quick as possible will help achieve that. People get hung up on some of the big 6 small print about how long they have to pay and how they delay to claim the interest etc which is complete nonsense.

Er no, people get hung up about some of the big six because of how long they take to actually pay, like mine that's around 2 months from the reading being submitted, that's when the winds in the right direction. Grinds me reading how quickly others get paid out especially as my FiTs provider used to pay out within a week when I used them for my supply.

If the others can manage it so proficiently then why can't they all.
    2 kWp SEbE , 2kWp SSW & 2.5kWp NWbW.....in sunny North Derbyshire17.7kWh Givenergy battery added(for the power hungry kids)
  • sly_dog_jonah
    sly_dog_jonah Posts: 1,003 Forumite
    Car Insurance Carver!
    edited 5 April 2014 at 11:13AM
    Options
    Uitlander wrote: »
    I have wondered about this, and made some enquiries. The thing that is stopping me is that no-one could give me a clear answer about what would happen to the FiT rate if I changed, so I have been biding my time until that aspect becomes clearer. My panels were installed a few years ago and qualified for a much higher rate than those currently available so I don't want to lose that rate.

I'd be interested to hear about the experiences of anyone who has changed FiT supplier.

I'm 99% sure that you would keep your FiT rate as the commisioning date of the system would be the same. Otherwise you would effectively be locked in for 20/25 years with your fit supplier.

For a definitive answer you might want to contact OFGEM.

Edit: yougen's site appears to be down but this should answer the question http://www.yougen.co.uk/blog-entry/1917/How+to+switch+your+feed-in+tariff+'28FIT'29+provider++/
    Cider Country Solar PV generator: 3.7kWp Enfinity system on unshaded SE (-36deg azimuth) & 45deg roof
  • kevin6666
    Options
    Uitlander wrote: »
    I have wondered about this, and made some enquiries. The thing that is stopping me is that no-one could give me a clear answer about what would happen to the FiT rate if I changed, so I have been biding my time until that aspect becomes clearer. My panels were installed a few years ago and qualified for a much higher rate than those currently available so I don't want to lose that rate.

I'd be interested to hear about the experiences of anyone who has changed FiT supplier.
    Your eligibility date would remain the same and thus your FIT Tariff would.
  • kevin6666
    Options
    tunnel wrote: »
    Er no, people get hung up about some of the big six because of how long they take to actually pay, like mine that's around 2 months from the reading being submitted, that's when the winds in the right direction. Grinds me reading how quickly others get paid out especially as my FiTs provider used to pay out within a week when I used them for my supply.

If the others can manage it so proficiently then why can't they all.

Some Suppliers have loads more customers on their systems than others. I forget but either SSE or SP have lots of Existing RO customers from pre FIT and are simply struggling from a IT system pov.

Maybe you should consider changing FIT provider to one of them that keeps getting praised in this thread?
  • tunnel
    tunnel Posts: 2,588 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    kevin6666 wrote: »
    Maybe you should consider changing FIT provider to one of them that keeps getting praised in this thread?
    I would try swapping but unfortunately due to a c*ck up with contracts i'm stuck with them for the full length of the contracts. Might add, the !!!! up goes in my favour:D

From one of my recent posts, again, can't swap as I'm not letting my FiTs provider off the hook for their massive c&ck up. If I swapped, they'd be able to get off the barrel I currently have them over
    2 kWp SEbE , 2kWp SSW & 2.5kWp NWbW.....in sunny North Derbyshire17.7kWh Givenergy battery added(for the power hungry kids)
  • theboylard
    theboylard Posts: 1,207 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    From one of my recent posts, again, can't swap as I'm not letting my FiTs provider off the hook for their massive c&ck up. If I swapped, they'd be able to get off the barrel I currently have them over

Maybe you've hit the nail on the head?
    They know they've made a faux-pas, and it's costing them but legally they can't bin you as a FiTter (dunno want the correct term is? Licensor?) so by messing you about they are hoping you will go elsewhere?
    4kWp, SSE, SolarEdge P300 optimisers & SE3500 Inverter, in occasionally sunny Corby, Northants.
    Now with added Sunsynk 5kw hybrid ecco inverter & 15kWh Fogstar batteries. Oh Octopus Energy too.
  • KevinG
    KevinG Posts: 1,872 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    I've just been paid by Scottish Power in two weeks, their fastest ever.
    2kWp Solar PV - 10*200W Kioto, SMA Sunny Boy 2000HF, SSE facing, some shading in winter, 37° pitch, installed Jun-2011, inverter replaced Sep-2017 AND Feb-2022.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback