Solar energy - Feed-in Tariff payment delays - your experiences?

Options

Comments

• don0301
    don0301 Posts: 442 Forumite
    Options
    EON apparently let you choose them as your FiT provider without requiring you to be an electricity customer.

as of around end of Nov last year they stopped accepting customers from other companies. although, after a LOT of persuasion I got them to accept me :D

they told me they had 40% of new FiT applications at that time, when they should have been more like 15%.

I don't know what their position is now tho.
  • John_Pierpoint
    Options
    So it is looking like my choice is EDF or National Power.

Anyone got experience of National Power?
  • sly_dog_jonah
    Options
    don0301 wrote: »
    as of around end of Nov last year they stopped accepting customers from other companies. although, after a LOT of persuasion I got them to accept me :D

they told me they had 40% of new FiT applications at that time, when they should have been more like 15%.

I don't know what their position is now tho.

I wonder if EON are just stopping applications from non-customers, but may allow transfers from other FiT suppliers? For example once our system is fully registered with OFGEM etc and we are getting FiT payments from EDF, I will want to switch our FiT supplier unless EDF have seriously upped their game in terms of paying out more quickly than 50-90 odd days.

I don't want to have to wait we can switch our import gas/elec supply too, because our EDF fixed deal runs until end of Sept. It's got exit fees and is still cheaper than anything currently on the market.
    Cider Country Solar PV generator: 3.7kWp Enfinity system on unshaded SE (-36deg azimuth) & 45deg roof
  • don0301
    don0301 Posts: 442 Forumite
    Options
    I wonder if EON are just stopping applications from non-customers, but may allow transfers from other FiT suppliers? For example once our system is fully registered with OFGEM etc and we are getting FiT payments from EDF, I will want to switch our FiT supplier unless EDF have seriously upped their game in terms of paying out more quickly than 50-90 odd days.

I don't want to have to wait we can switch our import gas/elec supply too, because our EDF fixed deal runs until end of Sept. It's got exit fees and is still cheaper than anything currently on the market.

yeah, just applications they were talking about with me.

no idea with transfer.

call them.
  • John_Pierpoint
    Options
    The National Power application form includes an option for having the 3p export payment with company "X" and having the 43p FiT only with National Power. BUT it appears this only applies to those with the little "not part of the FiT" suppliers, as the form specifically states that NP won't take applications from non customers.

If you ask me this market of oligopolists has found another way of restraining customers from switching suppliers.
    They now have two meter readings to get into a muddle - or three for those who would be advised to take up "Economy 7", along with their reduced use of expensive day time electricity..
  • orrery
    orrery Posts: 802 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    So it is looking like my choice is EDF or National Power.

Anyone got experience of National Power?

I'd have thought that you had seen enough discussion of EDF here to know to avoid them. Surely, there can't be another company as bad as EDF? Ooops, sorry, I'd forgotten about nPower who were so dishonest with their charging that they were forced by the regulator to issue refunds.
    4kWp, Panels: 16 Hyundai HIS250MG, Inverter: SMA Sunny Boy 4000TLLocation: Bedford, Roof: South East facing, 20 degree pitch20kWh Pylontech US5000 batteries, Lux AC inverter,Skoda Enyaq iV80, TADO Central Heating control
  • John_Pierpoint
    Options
    Devil and deep blue sea?
  • gjchester
    gjchester Posts: 5,741 Forumite
    Options
    UInless I'm missing something once you are signed up theres no need to remain a customer of any particular utility. Given theres no difference in the amount of payment per uinit between companies as it's all goverment regiulated I see no reason to change once accepted. Our gas/power is with EON and so are the FIT's however once the fixed deal comes to an end I'll move gas/power but don't want to move the FIT's as they've taken so long to get it sorted I don't want to start again.

It's annoying payment will be late but the way I see it the following payment will be equally late, so I'll be getting payments every three months or so regardless.
  • Doc_N
    Doc_N Posts: 8,276 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    gjchester wrote: »
    Given theres no difference in the amount of payment per uinit between companies as it's all goverment regiulated I see no reason to change once accepted. Our gas/power is with EON and so are the FIT's however once the fixed deal comes to an end I'll move gas/power but don't want to move the FIT's as they've taken so long to get it sorted I don't want to start again.

No problem with that. Our FIT payments still come from e.on, even though we left them for energy supplies some time back.
  • KevinG
    KevinG Posts: 1,866 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Well, having read people's experiences of other electricity suppliers at paying FiTs, there's no way I'm leaving Scottish Power for this purpose, whatever else I do. Quite happy to get mine in 10 days, even if they can't get my address right! (Three different versions of it - why not use the Royal Mail database????)
    2kWp Solar PV - 10*200W Kioto, SMA Sunny Boy 2000HF, SSE facing, some shading in winter, 37° pitch, installed Jun-2011, inverter replaced Sep-2017 AND Feb-2022.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback