Solar energy - Feed-in Tariff payment delays - your experiences?

Options

Comments

• lanstrom
    lanstrom Posts: 204 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    We received our EDF FiT contract last Sunday (5th Feb) after our forms were sent 28th October. Hopefully they are working through the November applications now.

My written complaint to EDF was successful and resulted in a suitable compensation for the issues I'd raised. One aspect of the complaint related to FiTs and their insufficient capacity to get contracts processed in time, and we were given some token compensation for this delay. The rest of the complaint regarded our calamatous switch from EON to EDF and their DD review policy. It was this element of the complaint that resulted in the vast majority of the complaint settlement.

By FiT contract do you mean the FiTs Terms which you had to sign and return ?

I signed mine and posted it on the 1st Feb. I phoned them on the 6th Feb to confirm they had received it. They confirmed they had (on the 2nd Feb) and would be confirming it in writing but it's another week later and I still haven't received anything.
  • orrery
    orrery Posts: 802 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    lanstrom wrote: »
    They confirmed they had (on the 2nd Feb) and would be confirming it in writing but it's another week later and I still haven't received anything.

Never mind - they'll have plenty of time to do it when they get to processing December's applications!
    4kWp, Panels: 16 Hyundai HIS250MG, Inverter: SMA Sunny Boy 4000TLLocation: Bedford, Roof: South East facing, 20 degree pitch20kWh Pylontech US5000 batteries, Lux AC inverter,Skoda Enyaq iV80, TADO Central Heating control
  • Cardew
    Cardew Posts: 29,037 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Rampant Recycler
    Options
    We are putting good clean energy into their grid and being paid well under the going rate that they are charging others for this energy. It would serve them all a good lesson if we just disconnected and used our self produced energy for ourselves. I have seriously thought of doing this and will, at some point, pull out of this system.

If I understand you correctly, that must be just about the most weird post on MSE.

You are being paid 44.65p for every kWh you generate and don't even have to export any electricity.

Please pull out of the FIT scheme and save us all a little money!
  • sly_dog_jonah
    sly_dog_jonah Posts: 1,003 Forumite
    Car Insurance Carver!
    edited 13 February 2012 at 9:45PM
    Options
    lanstrom wrote: »
    By FiT contract do you mean the FiTs Terms which you had to sign and return ?

I signed mine and posted it on the 1st Feb. I phoned them on the 6th Feb to confirm they had received it. They confirmed they had (on the 2nd Feb) and would be confirming it in writing but it's another week later and I still haven't received anything.

Correct. This was the personalised FiT terms sent out by EDF after we applied in October to become FiT generators. It took them 3 months+ to send the contract out listing our generation serial numbers, bank details, etc. I returned the signed contract by recorded delivery on Friday and they received it today according to Royal Mail. I'll give them a week to confirm that in writing before I start chasing again.
    Cider Country Solar PV generator: 3.7kWp Enfinity system on unshaded SE (-36deg azimuth) & 45deg roof
  • John_Pierpoint
    Options
    In my time I have bought electricity from eon, Scottish Power, EDF and National Power.

My local network is managed by EDF.

Of the above four companies I have found Scottish Power to be the best at administering my account.

However I gave them a call and said "When I have solar PV installed can I sign up with you?"

The reply was "We only accept FiT contracts from current customers - can I put you through to the sales team?"

Had I been offered the same fixed price deal with Scottish Power as I now have with National Power - I would have stayed with Scottish Power.

So what are my choices ? Just EDF and/or National Power?

The remarks about EDF on here seem to suggest they would rather not have FiT accounts.
  • Martyn1981
    Martyn1981 Posts: 14,780 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    In my time I have bought electricity from eon, Scottish Power, EDF and National Power.

My local network is managed by EDF.

Of the above four companies I have found Scottish Power to be the best at administering my account.

However I gave them a call and said "When I have solar PV installed can I sign up with you?"

The reply was "We only accept FiT contracts from current customers - can I put you through to the sales team?"

Had I been offered the same fixed price deal with Scottish Power as I now have with National Power - I would have stayed with Scottish Power.

So what are my choices ? Just EDF and/or National Power?

The remarks about EDF on here seem to suggest they would rather not have FiT accounts.

John, I found the EDF Green Team excellent and helpful, HOWEVER, EDF don't appear very good at running anything!!!!

Given that friends, acquaintances, and complete strangers seem to complain about FITs taking more than 10 or 30 days from claim to receipt. I'm more than a little shocked that EDF take 2 months or more, and can take up to 4 months. Well, 90 days from the end of the month in which the claim is requested.

It'll all balance out in the end I suppose!

Mart.
    Mart. Cardiff. 5.58 kWp PV systems (3.58 ESE & 2.0 WNW). Two A2A units for cleaner heating.

For general PV advice please see the PV FAQ thread on the Green & Ethical Board.
  • walford58
    Options
    Although I had the challenge from EDF about the amount we were generating, now they have the confirmation, they haven't been slow in making the payment, which arrived last Friday. So far they have achieved 5 weeks after end of period, which I suppose is OK.
  • orrery
    orrery Posts: 802 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    We received our EDF FiT contract last Sunday (5th Feb) after our forms were sent 28th October. Hopefully they are working through the November applications now.

Indeed - my application arrived at EDF on 11 November and the FIT contract arrived back with me for signing today!
    4kWp, Panels: 16 Hyundai HIS250MG, Inverter: SMA Sunny Boy 4000TLLocation: Bedford, Roof: South East facing, 20 degree pitch20kWh Pylontech US5000 batteries, Lux AC inverter,Skoda Enyaq iV80, TADO Central Heating control
  • sly_dog_jonah
    Options
    So what are my choices ? Just EDF and/or National Power
    EON apparently let you choose them as your FiT provider without requiring you to be an electricity customer.
    Cider Country Solar PV generator: 3.7kWp Enfinity system on unshaded SE (-36deg azimuth) & 45deg roof
  • Martyn1981
    Martyn1981 Posts: 14,780 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    EON apparently let you choose them as your FiT provider without requiring you to be an electricity customer.

My understanding now, is that the big 6 can turn you down for FITs if you are an energy customer of another of the big 6. However they should / must accept you for FITs if your energy accounts are with one of the smaller companies.

Am I right, anyone heard / understand the situation to be different?

Mart.
    Mart. Cardiff. 5.58 kWp PV systems (3.58 ESE & 2.0 WNW). Two A2A units for cleaner heating.

For general PV advice please see the PV FAQ thread on the Green & Ethical Board.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback