Maths will be str8 forward just all exams, so not worried about that
  • johnswife
    johnswife Posts: 1,745 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    http://www.edexcel.com/Pages/home.aspx#

Here is another link which may help.

Good luck.
    Necklace, £500, Marquee, Tickets Home Improv show, Patternity Tights.tickets to Cruise Show,kindle cover, 2 tickets Brisfest. Tin of personalised chocolates.Hawking DVD, McCain voucher, clay modelling set,Chocolate, Book,Raleigh 125th Book.
    tickets to Gadget show, Hotel Spa break for 2 + £300
  • shegirl
    shegirl Posts: 10,107 Forumite
    edited 27 September 2011 at 4:40PM
    Options
    What about science? any science exam I can take (IGCSE perhaps?) without having to do the practical experiments

I can't imagine doing science GCSEs without some form of experiment to be honest,I wouldn't get my hopes up on that but it wasn't essential in the exams..was used in coursework

You need to phone the people who know about these things not go round and round in circles on here posting to yourself or constantly asking for confirmation of the posts.If you want confirmation ask exam boards,your old school etc

Can I ask how old you are btw?

Also,ICS are a rip off,they are there to make money.Go to evening classes for adults to do GCSEs -there should be some in your area.Don't come out with 'I don't have time I work full time'...many people manage to work full time and do degrees and bring up children,look after a home all at the same time.If you want to do a nursing degree you'll be combining study with practice and travelling too.You've taken GCSEs before and they're not exactly hard,you can fit it in and then probably not have to worry about paying for them so much!
    If women are birds and freedom is flight are trapped women Dodos?
  • cgk1
    cgk1 Posts: 1,300 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    edited 27 September 2011 at 4:41PM
    Options
    You are basically asking three different questions (well nine if you take this on a subject by subject basis:

1) Can I register as a private candidate for science/Maths/English?

As far as I can tell you can register for all of those with at least one board - AQA

2) Do I have to do course work?

I think that's a yes if you go with any of the major UK boards, however the AQA specification I linked to in my previous answer suggests you can do it some course via 100% exam but you'd need to check each individual subject with the board

3) Where do I sit it/who will mark it?

This will depend on the answers to 1&2 - you might have to mix and match boards, if you want to do all of them without course work.

So really your first board is to find out who offers GCSEs without coursework because 1) is a simple YES and 3) depends on the answer to 2)
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure