MSE News: TalkTalk worst for complaints – again

Options

Comments

• TalkTalk
    TalkTalk Posts: 1,948 Organisation Representative
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    HI Bod,

You are naturally entitled to your opinion and no-one will prevent you from voicing this.

In terms of industry concern this would only be the case should the guidelines not be adhered to. In such instances Ofcom take relevant action and TalkTalk have been subject to these as have other ISp for various reasons. However they have not raised any concerns with ISP regarding this, only adpated guidelines which is naturally in an evolving and dynamic marketplace... to remain static would ignore the innovations within the sector. You are however welcome to disagree as it is a matter of semantics.

We appreciate your posistive comments and do regularly provide feedback where poor services has been reiceved in other departments in order to drive improvements and identify any development areas. We can only apologise if in your experience telephony support ahve not been as vigilant as the OCE's in providing support but this is merely a reflection of personal outlook. I would also note that I am one of the OCEs from the TTMembers Forum, we manage all online media contact and reposnsbilities vary form day to day as to which OCE is tasked to which sections of the forum. My Details can be found in the Who's Who section on the forum. If there are any specific instaces of poor service you would like ot provide feedback on feel free to register on the forum and post your issue in the relevant section.

As for "toeing the corporate line" you may actually find that the OCE's have often disputed issues where we feel there has been inaccurances in the "corporate line". In many cases collated examples of issues that were supposedly non-existant in order to provide proof to the business of the existance of a matter that requires further attention. This is evident form a nubmer of threads on the forum. As such we look to provide advice based on our experience and knowledge of the TT systems and procedures, not a corporate line.

Regards

Mark
    Official Company Representative
    I am the official company representative of Talk Talk. MSE has given permission for me to post in response to queries about the company, so that I can help solve issues. You can see my name on the companies with permission to post list. I am not allowed to tout for business at all. If you believe I am please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com This does NOT imply any form of approval of my company or its products by MSE"
  • steveobugrit
    steveobugrit Posts: 3 Newbie
    edited 27 October 2011 at 11:08AM
    Options
    I have been a Talktalk customer for a while without any problems, however I have recently been getting deceitful marketing calls from them that made me so angry it made me want to leave.

The marketing calls entailed a salesperson with very poor English thanking me for being a long standing customer and that as a thank you they were going to give me 3 months half price - they then straight away ask if you want to confirm this is ok, and here comes the hit. Its only after I asked if there was a catch that they reluctantly admitted that if I took the offer it would instantly tie me in to a 24 month contract.

When I explained I did not want to be tied in they got very shirty so I ended the call. This has happened twice now both with exactly the same script from someone with a difficult to understand accent, making deciphering what they were trying to do difficult.

Be warned if you get this type of call don't agree unless you really want to be stuck with them for another two years.

Due to what I saw as immoral actions on TT's part I decided to leave, I want no association with such a corporation.

This is where the problems really start.

Phoned lots of times without getting through to anyone, when I eventually did again they were very difficult to understand.

I was told that I could not simply leave TT as I was on an LLU line, which basically means that TT own the line and other providers are barred from taking it over. This then means that I have to have a new line installed at considerable cost.

The chap I spoke to said, I think, that he was unable to cancell my account without disconecting me straight away! Not absolutely sure about this as his English was rubbish.

Its strange that TT don't mention such a huge aspect of their service when you sign up, I wonder why that is? I don't think they would get many new customers if they were to make it absolutely clear that even after the end of a contract you would have to pay a massive fee to leave.

Shame on you Talktalk, the way you operate may be legal but it is not moral.

Members be aware of this, I feel it is little more than a scam to keep customers. At least I have the funds to get me out of this, some may not and end up being stuck.

P.S. Going over to the Post Office, not the cheapest deal, but when I was ringing round providers their customer service was fantastic. I am quite prepared to pay a £1 or so more per month for the level of service I received.:T

I have ended up emailing TT asking to cancel on the date my PO line goes live and have cancelled my DD to TT.

I will keep you all posted how it goes, I have a funny feeling that things are going to get interesting with TT trying to hit me with charges/stopping my phone etc.

If TT make it difficult then I will make it my mission to do what I can to stand up to them, complaints, Ofcom, every forum I can find, papers, Watchdog, courts I don't care what it takes I will not put up with their "customer services".
  • Lilly_Tam
    Options
    Hi All,

I have been with TalkTalk for about 4 years and have recently had so much trouble that I want to leave ASAP.

1. I have been without broadband access for about a month now, have had many conversations with useless and rude customer services people but no solution so far.

2. I renewed my contract in September 2011 but shortly after they emailed to tell me about the line rental increase. The email mentioned nothing about a 10-day 'cooling off' period to cancel the contract if I wasn't happy about the price increase, which I was told about only on Monday (2nd Jan) when I tried to cancel my contract.

I am sick of dealing with the useless customer services people and I am now going to write a letter (with good supporting evidence) to Ofcom, with a copy to the TalkTalk CEO/headoffice. If anyone has the CEO Dido Harding's email or any of the senior people on the company board, please let me know as soon as you can.

Given that TalkTalk has just been fined millions by Ofcom for its dirty practices, you would think it would start behaving a bit better but it seems nothing has changed.

Many thanks!

Lily
  • bod1467
    bod1467 Posts: 15,214 Forumite
    Options
    dido.harding@talktalkplc.com

ceoemail dot com ;)
  • Lilly_Tam
    Options
    Thank you so much bod1467! Will report back with result!
  • hiccup
    hiccup Posts: 57 Forumite
    Options
    Just popped back and no Dido Harding haha.
    See you in court, Your munchkins sent one letter too many.
  • baby_frogmella
    baby_frogmella Posts: 1,556 Forumite
    Options
    hiccup wrote: »
    I am very suprised that you are allowed to post on here.
    TalkTalk is a giant scam for stealing money from people by stealth.

Absolutely! So much so that i've just signed up to another 12 month contract getting 60% off their Plus Package:rotfl:
  • Jemma-T
    Jemma-T Posts: 1,546 Forumite
    Options
    Not sure why personal attacks (that's what they seem like) are going unnoticed on this thread.

As for TT they are not perfect but I've had nothing but great service from these OCEs -and yes, it's been needed due to bad management of customer offers, orders and my account billing etc. People have to realise though that happens with EVERY company.

TalkTalk shouldn't bother posting here either as I think there's just a lot of trollling going on with people making up stuff or giving few facts to backup their comments.

Never understood why Martin let companies on this board it just doesn't ring true to me. This is a consumer board for consumers but I suppose companies need a voice but I'm not sure want they can do but paper over a few cracks and dampen a sometimes deserved bad name for poor customer service (that applies to all companies).
  • hiccup
    hiccup Posts: 57 Forumite
    Options
    I never feel left out. What does make me come on here is that TT are hounding my friend.
    There was a documentary on tv years ago about a phone company or similar that had its office around a very large table.
    Each tele seller was ringing numbers. Then the others in the group would ring the same numbers to confuse the customers and it sounds just like TT or carphone warehouse crooks
    The hounding of customers like my friend is disgraceful and probably illegal.
    I am happy to be a nuisance to tt and any supporter of them
    Possibly you work for them
    As for dido harding. She obviously condones the behaviour of these scum which makes the same as them SCUM
  • baby_frogmella
    baby_frogmella Posts: 1,556 Forumite
    Options
    That's right folks, there's no such thing as a happy TalkTalk customer and anyone who says otherwise is a TT employee :rotfl:
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.7K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.3K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure