Noticed some changes? You can read all about the improvements we've made on the Forum in our latest announcement. We also have a new set of Forum rules so please take the time to give them a read and familiarise yourself.

MSE News: TalkTalk worst for complaints – again

edited 30 November -1 at 1:00AM in Broadband & Internet Access
63 replies 10.5K views
Former_MSE_HelenFormer_MSE_Helen
2.4K Posts
edited 30 November -1 at 1:00AM in Broadband & Internet Access
This is the discussion thread for the following MSE News Story:

"TalkTalk received the most customer complaints about its broadband and homephone services according to Ofcom data ..."

Replies

• edited 23 September 2011 at 4:39PM
    newDudenewDude Forumite
    150 Posts
    edited 23 September 2011 at 4:39PM
    My Go Live Date with TalkTalk is today, will have to see how things have gone when i get home :rotfl:

This is what they wrote in an email, after i placed my order:D

90% of new customers who responded to our survey said TalkTalk is reliable, or more reliable than their previous broadband supplier. They also said we’ve saved them money compared to BT.
  • bod1467bod1467
    15.2K Posts
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    What would be equally interesting is seeing the other ends of those lists ... who have the LEAST complaints? It's just as useful to know who is good as who to avoid. :)
  • SystemSystem Forumite
    177.9K Posts
    10,000 Posts Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    TalkTalk are okay if the customer has a reasonable level of technical savy and if you use the TalkTalk Members forum to get help with any problems.
    The customer services helpline has never been up to much.

So, if you want good customer service via the phone and you are not technically savy, then TalkTalk is not for you ;)

Having said that, any customer service helpline that has been outsourced to an offshore call centre will most likely be just as bad, B.T. for example - (or so I read).
  • mcgspmcgsp Forumite
    100 Posts
    It's strange that Talk Talk is closing (within 30 days of announcing the closure) a call centre in Ireland with the loss of 500 jobs.

Talk Talk claimed the centre was no longer needed!

Maybe Talk Talk thinks its service is better than its customers think it is.
  • SystemSystem Forumite
    177.9K Posts
    10,000 Posts Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    That Call Centre was part of the AOL purchase and hence was probably surplus to requirements after TalkTalk migrated all those customers onto the mainstream TalkTalk network.
    The news stories also confirm that a large proportion of customer support is done via their online channel.
  • edited 24 September 2011 at 2:05PM
    SoolerSooler Forumite
    3.1K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Combo Breaker
    ✭✭✭✭
    edited 24 September 2011 at 2:05PM
    MSE 14th Sept 2011
    http://www.moneysavingexpert.com/tips/14-09-2011/
    Last Chance! £60 Tesco or M&S voucher on top phone & b'band bundle. ... TalkTalk ... top
    :j:beer::T:A:)

MSE 23rd Sept 2011
    http://www.moneysavingexpert.com/news/utilities/2011/09/talktalk-received-most-complaints-reveals-ofcom-data
    TalkTalk worst for complaints – again ... oh, not so top after all
    :doh: :wall: :whistle: :think: :silenced: :naughty: :eek: _pale_ :embarasse :cry: :shocked: :(
  • TalkTalkTalkTalk Forumite, Organisation Representatives - Private Messages may not be monitored
    1.9K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Photogenic Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭
    Hi All,

If any customers are experiencing issues with their TalkTalk service please feel free to join the TalkTalk Members Forum where we can investigate into any issues and resolve these as necessary.

Regards

Mark
    Official Company Representative
    I am the official company representative of Talk Talk. MSE has given permission for me to post in response to queries about the company, so that I can help solve issues. You can see my name on the companies with permission to post list. I am not allowed to tout for business at all. If you believe I am please report it to [email protected] This does NOT imply any form of approval of my company or its products by MSE"
  • newDude wrote: »
    My Go Live Date with TalkTalk is today, will have to see how things have gone when i get home :rotfl:

This is what they wrote in an email, after i placed my order:D

90% of new customers who responded to our survey said TalkTalk is reliable, or more reliable than their previous broadband supplier. They also said we’ve saved them money compared to BT.
    I've been with Talktalk for over 3 years and must sayI'm very happy with them and will recommend them. I live the furthest away you can get from the exchange with no fibre wotsits to look forward to and can just achieve 0.7 mbs download speed which is very slow but miles better than dial-up! Sky say they can't supply me. I tried BT years ago without success. Any problems I have had they sort out very quickly and the support centre is very good. Dave:j
  • I have just signed up with Talk Talk, waiting on my activation date - fingers crossed it is all good, sick to the teeth of BT's overcharging.
  • I've just had a MAJOR scrap with Talk Talk after they renewed a contract without my consent!:mad: I've had what just about ALL T-T cussy's have had and that's constant call dropping, crappy customer (lack of) service, internet constantly going down/dragging etc, etc, etc!!:mad:

I ended up with a CEO contacting me and cancelled out the termination fee (£178.00) & even he failed to send me a copy of his "goodwill-gesture" as proof if I got any more probs as I was transferring to SKY. As predicted, I got hassled for the T.fee. That is when the "brown stuff" hit the fan!!:eek: I've ended up having to threaten them with the courts for hassling/harassing me, causing un-due stress till a female CEO delved into my complaint deeper and found my "agreement" was supposed to have been "agreed" at 05:30am one morning??!!:think: Still no proof of this "agreement" yet from her. So, threatened them again with Court action and a week later, one email from said female CEO saying that I HAD agreed to my contract being renewed (very much doubt I would be agreeing to renew a contract at 05:30am as I would be wanting to tear their scrawny little heads off at that time of the morning!!). But as a "gesture of goodwill", they've agreed to scrap it because of all the hassle I've had over this. Yer-rite!!, It'll be because there was no proof again;) But, I've got it in black n white now via an email:j

So take my advice, shout, shout shout. Threaten them with court action. Then just repeat the process over and over again.:) The internet speed I'm getting now compared with T-T is a DAMN site faster n I'm enjoying it big stylee!!:cool:
This discussion has been closed.