Money off coupon 'chat' thread

Options

Comments

• Dr.Who-Who
    Dr.Who-Who Posts: 7,774 Forumite
    Options
    Keira74 wrote: »
    hi, been to Tesco today - been informed that Tesco have now changed their coupon policy and are NOT accepting any coupons off the internet regardless of whether they have Tesco on them or not. This includes those that have safecoupons on them.

Keira, it took me 10-15 minutes looking for your post! thought you were in the "chat" thread.:rotfl:

Anyway, after further discussion with my staff - I can now reply to your question and I apologise for the delay in responding to your query:D.

Dear Shareholder,

Thank you for your email addressed to our Chief Executive, to which I have been asked to respond. Please accept my apologies for the delay in doing so.

I am very sorry for the misunderstanding with regards to online vouchers/coupons. I can appreciate the disappointment this has caused.

I have spoke with Deborah, our Cash Operations manager and she has looked into the issue and advised me that we have not changed our coupon policy and we can accept coupons regardless of whether they are printed from the Internet or cut from a leaflet.

If you can let me know the name of the store in question I will contact them and advise the process has not changed.

Thank you for bringing this matter to the attention of our Chief Executive.

Kind regards
    Customer Service Executive

If you wish to reply to them use this email :

ceo.customerservice@tesco.co.uk
    RIP my dear dear parent : Mum aged 62 (17/5/1990) & Dad aged 89 (23/1/2012)

• dipashah
    dipashah Posts: 419 Forumite
    Options
    The above post reminded me that I went to co-op on the wknd, and was told they no longer accept any coupons whether internet or not. When I challenged her saying I had never previously encountered problems, she said it had changed and that she could show me the circular from head office. Would have hung about while she went to get it, but was parked on a yellow so had to rush. Did anyone else have any probs the past few days there?
  • tels65
    tels65 Posts: 16 Forumite
    Options
    hi dr who-who
    one year ago i had problems using coupons at my local(millbrook southampton)i was told by customer services,that it is up to the store manger as to what vouchers they take.the only vouchers they take are the safe coupons/magizine.which i feel is a little unfair,as other stores will take any form of voucher,this has know led me to do most of my shopping at stores that do take these vouchers,ie asda/sainsburys.
    the coupon policies need to be enforced to all stores,so they are the same for each store,otherwise you will have alot more of your customers leaving.:mad:
  • altojack
    altojack Posts: 9,734 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    Hi guys, I don't often pop in here but just wanted to say that I went into my local Solar/Co-op on Friday and used coupons no problem.
    I bought the Lotus Caramalised biscuits 250g sell 69p and used the 20p coupon, as I say no problem for me :)

hth
    There's no place like home :)

Feeling down? Weak in body? Makes no difference to me, I think of you all when I'm sitting quietly.

Hugs and healing thoughts are always going your way.
  • Aesop
    Aesop Posts: 23,773 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    tels65 wrote: »
    hi dr who-who

the coupon policies need to be enforced to all stores,so they are the same for each store,otherwise you will have alot more of your customers leaving.:mad:

dr who-who does not work for Tesco! She was being silly.

She was quoting something that she has received from Tesco.

But I agree, the policy should be the same, as customers will shop elsewhere.
  • vpeake
    vpeake Posts: 463 Forumite
    Options
    Tried scanning a non store specific coupon in Tesco on the self service check out, for the relevant item it applied to (Comfort Fabric Conditioner) but the self service assistant had to approve each coupon use which was so annoying! Same thing with a Safecoupon for Tesco for £1 off fairy/persil etc! Luckily all went through ok.
    :j:j:j
  • dasophster
    dasophster Posts: 911 Forumite
    Options
    vpeake wrote: »
    Tried scanning a non store specific coupon in Tesco on the self service check out, for the relevant item it applied to (Comfort Fabric Conditioner) but the self service assistant had to approve each coupon use which was so annoying! Same thing with a Safecoupon for Tesco for £1 off fairy/persil etc! Luckily all went through ok.

Yeah to be honest the hassle of using coupons on the SS tills in Tesco I usually go through the normal till. One branch around here you can use 3 coupons before it says you need approval, other branches all coupons need them to do a swipe with the key fob thing xx
  • dasophster
    dasophster Posts: 911 Forumite
    Options
    BLUEWKD wrote: »
    100's of booklets:eek::eek:Now who would do that:D:D Unfortunately I booked Alton Towers for the same dates at the GFS but will def be going to the winter one and getting a couple of books;)

I am definitely going to, we use Just Milk all the time. One of my sons was allergic to milk until the age of two and consequently never acquired the taste for it; Just Milk is the only type of milk he likes the taste of. xx
  • Helen_Maxwell_Dickinson
    Options
    tels65 wrote: »
    hi dr who-who
    one year ago i had problems using coupons at my local(millbrook southampton)i was told by customer services,that it is up to the store manger as to what vouchers they take.the only vouchers they take are the safe coupons/magizine.which i feel is a little unfair,as other stores will take any form of voucher,this has know led me to do most of my shopping at stores that do take these vouchers,ie asda/sainsburys.

You are a neighbour! Im from the lovely hythe! I have no problem using vouchers in tesco millbrook either :)
  • mickey.p
    mickey.p Posts: 216 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Does anyone have issues printing from the Britains greatest?
    I never have problems printing from anywhere else yet I have never had a single coupon print from this site and I can't figure out why...Grrrrr.

Also on the subject of Tesco refusing coupons, I was in my local on Saturday and nearly all coupons - even from their own magazine had to be input manually and when I queried it they said they had to put blocks on as the police had been involved as theres massive amounts of fraudulent ones being given in!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure