NTL Offer

Options
2»

Comments

• Skint1
    Skint1 Posts: 1,362 Forumite
    Options
    marleyboy wrote:
    As far as Im aware every NTL customer on 1meg had them upgraded to 2meg for free last year. those on 2meg went up to 4meg.

If your broadband is coming through your TV set top box. You can only get 1 Mb . To get speeds above that you need a separate modem. :)
    You can always get more with a kind word and a 2-by-4 than with just a kind word.
  • Happy_frank
    Options
    Call customer retensions (can't remeber number but it's all over these forums) and ask how you go about leaving NTL. You will find much better offers are available. I'm currently on 10meg broadband, Familypack TV, Free calls evenings and weekends and itemised billing all for less than £28 a month. Been on it nearly 6 months now, had to call after 3 months to repeat the offer.
    Have had a few problems getting the bill right but just called customer retensions back when the bill was wrong and they put it right.
    TV drive sounds very tempting, will ask when I call to continue the deal again.
  • Idiophreak
    Idiophreak Posts: 12,024 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    In my experience NTL are to be avoided at all costs.
  • marleyboy
    marleyboy Posts: 16,698 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Skint1 wrote:
    If your broadband is coming through your TV set top box. You can only get 1 Mb . To get speeds above that you need a separate modem. :)
    NOt true, although I do have a modem for my 10meg. My NTL box supports upto 4meg.
    :A:dance:1+1+1=1:dance::A
    "Marleyboy you are a legend!"
    MarleyBoy "You are the Greatest"
    Marleyboy You Are A Legend!
    Marleyboy speaks sense
    marleyboy (total legend)
    Marleyboy - You are, indeed, a legend.
  • Skint1
    Skint1 Posts: 1,362 Forumite
    Options
    marleyboy wrote:
    NOt true, although I do have a modem for my 10meg. My NTL box supports upto 4meg.
    I was told my stb wouldn't supply speeds above 1Mb. Waiting for new modem to be fitted in 2 weeks. Can't complain about Ntl been with them 6 years now. When I threaten to leave them (every year) they always cut my bill and a free modem so when I have to reset stb it won't interfere with me broad band. :D
    You can always get more with a kind word and a 2-by-4 than with just a kind word.
  • marleyboy
    marleyboy Posts: 16,698 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Its possible you have a really old set top box, Im not sure, but I do know my original set top box went upto 4 Meg, they changed my box when I increased it to 8 Meg, I only got a modem when I had it increased to 10meg.
    :A:dance:1+1+1=1:dance::A
    "Marleyboy you are a legend!"
    MarleyBoy "You are the Greatest"
    Marleyboy You Are A Legend!
    Marleyboy speaks sense
    marleyboy (total legend)
    Marleyboy - You are, indeed, a legend.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.5K Banking & Borrowing