NTL Offer

Options
Just had a nice lady from NTL call. I currently have 1meg Broadband and a telephone package with them.

She offered to double the 1meg to 2meg and also give us NTL tv inc the box and standard sky subscription for and extra £1 on top of what we're paying now!

Now this sounds good to me and the only thing that is putting me off is that i'll be under a new 12month contract but I also heard a rumour that sky BB will be free to their tv customers in the near future, of which I one of.

What do you all think?

Pete.
I'll get me coat!

Comments

• MercilessKiller
    Options
    First of all Sky Broadband has monthly caps on as far as i'm aware. Do you use the internet a lot?

I wouldn't compare yourself to sky, i'd look at the price your paying with your package at ntl. the chances are packages at sky would be different so only if you see a better pakcage there should you consider a move.

NTL have just released NTL TV Drive. I'd be tempted to barter with them and get this added for free. Its a better version of Sky + made by the same guys from TIVO in america. You can watch something while recording 2 other things at the same time. Has HD capabilities, up to 80 hours of recording time, can record a whole series at touch of a button, and all that.

Only recently have I been impressed with NTL. The ONLY thing I dont like is the slowness of the mini guide!
    [FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]"The internet is a great way to get on the net."
    - Bob Dole, Republican presidential candidate
    [/FONT]
  • pks00
    pks00 Posts: 559 Forumite
    Options
    Nice to see they do have some good things about them. All Ive had is charging for telephone line rental extras which I havent asked for!
    Oh yea, plus they disconnected me once cos they said I hadnt paid my bill for 2 years - funny that, Ive been paying by direct debit for years !
    :hello:

Surviving A Day In The Office
    9am Switch on PC, 9.05am - Check Email, 9.10am - Download Virus, 9.30am - Call Helpdesk, 10am - Relax all day whilst engineer fixes problem!

Shopping Tips
    Don't spend five pounds to dry clean a shirt. Donate it to the charity shop instead. They'll clean it and put it on a hanger. Next morning buy it back for two pounds.
  • marcellep
    marcellep Posts: 1,695 Forumite
    Options
    I would not mind an offer like that
    If I have been helpful - Hit the Thanks button
  • Russ66
    Russ66 Posts: 549 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Pete.g wrote:
    Just had a nice lady from NTL call. I currently have 1meg Broadband and a telephone package with them.

She offered to double the 1meg to 2meg and also give us NTL tv inc the box and standard sky subscription for and extra £1 on top of what we're paying now!

Now this sounds good to me and the only thing that is putting me off is that i'll be under a new 12month contract but I also heard a rumour that sky BB will be free to their tv customers in the near future, of which I one of.

What do you all think?

Pete.

Are you sure you are only getting 1mb? As far as I'm aware everybody had a free upgrade last year.
    As for the tv, does this not come as standard with your phone line?

You need to be clear about what you are getting, as they seem to be keen to sign you up for 12mths but tend to only offer the special deals for 3mths or so.

Have a look over on the "Telephones Board"

HTH
    You're Damned If You Do & You're Damned If You Don't :doh:
  • Encantador
    Options
    Also be careful because their accounts are useless.

I threatened to leave and was put on a Talk talk type deal, for the last 6 months they have billed me way too much, each month I have to call and get them to reduce it and each month they tell me it will be sorted for next month.
  • marleyboy
    marleyboy Posts: 16,698 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    As far as Im aware every NTL customer on 1meg had them upgraded to 2meg for free last year. those on 2meg went up to 4meg.
    :A:dance:1+1+1=1:dance::A
    "Marleyboy you are a legend!"
    MarleyBoy "You are the Greatest"
    Marleyboy You Are A Legend!
    Marleyboy speaks sense
    marleyboy (total legend)
    Marleyboy - You are, indeed, a legend.
  • wavefinder
    Options
    same thing here. recently cut us off saying the bill hadnt been paid! have been paying by direct debit,BUT,THEY NTL,for some reason hadn't been taking the money!various phone calls ranging between really nice ca's to really bad threatening cust assts.took a while to sort out,received some credit on the bill but NO APOLOGY! WE only stay with them as there was a 3 month wait for BT and an even longer one with TALK TALK!
  • paradoxia
    Options
    I'm always on the phone getting them to sort of my bills!!
  • merikiito
    Options
    Hi, after upgrading from 4mb @ £24.99 to 10mb @ £34.99 for a free trial I had nothing but problems and ended up with an engineer coming out and replacing the modem. I decided to call NTL and not continue with the 10mb but go back to 4mb and see if I could get a deal. I saw a deal on NTL offering 10mb for the first 12 months @ £27.99 so I was after that. But I was offered the 10mb at 1/2 price for six months (£17.50 per month) and told to call back when that was up and ask for a deal again. More fool NTL I would have been happy with £27.99!
    Waiting for my next bill to see if they have made the adjustments tho. So this could be short lived, at least the calls to CS are free again I suppose.
  • epz_2
    epz_2 Posts: 1,859 Forumite
    Options
    we get the tv, phone line and 10 meg for 28.50 a month retentions are easy to mess with, just mention sky
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure