National Tyres incompetent staff and ignore complaint

Options

Comments

• fallen121
    fallen121 Posts: 900 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Well done on getting your refund.

Kwik Fit are having a 25% off sale which seems to be genuine as we've just ordered a couple of large Goodyear tyres for the truck which are coming in at less than what we could get them for online and include fitting too.

Getting them fitted tomorrow.
  • azza87
    azza87 Posts: 612 Forumite
    First Post
    Options
    I was more than happy with the service I received from Kwik-Fit, they inspected the rim and said it was completely fine, because they had other people waiting I asked if I could call back in about an hour and when I got back there there was a new tyre waiting for me.

Top service compared to that at National, the Kwit-Fit guy even got a tip for a few cans and was still £5 less than I had spent at National.

I've had two payments go into my bank account, one is a payment from quidco - actioned on Saturday and the second is a payment from jshost actioned on Sunday.

Still no sign of my refund from National which was apparently actioned on Friday afternoon.
  • azza87
    First Post
    Options
    1 week on from the refund apparently being actioned and still no sign of my money..
  • azza87
    First Post
    edited 13 October 2011 at 7:42PM
    Options
    I phoned to speak to the regional manager this morning using the number they rang me from last monday and the guy who answered was confused as it was the nottingham branch.

He took my details and was going to try and chase things up for me and told me the regional manager was on holiday last week and so there was another regional manger working in his place who is now on holiday himself this week which 'would explain why there has been a breakdown in things happening'.

He said he would give me a call back at some point today but like all other things I've been told by this company over the last few weeks I will take that with a pinch of salt and wont be holding my breath.

Why are they making it so difficult to get a refund? I've never experienced problems like this from other companies before.
  • azza87
    First Post
    Options
    19/10/2011, a month after taking the tyre back for the refund I still haven't got my money back despite being told the money would go back on to my card a few days after returning it, and then two weeks a go they supposedly sent a cheque out to me. Losing my patience now!
  • C4ND1
    C4ND1 Posts: 12 Forumite
    edited 14 May 2012 at 4:45PM
    Options
    I am absolutley shocked by the customer service from National Tyres at this branch. The employee swore at me and gave me verbal abuse when I took my vehicle back after work was carried out wrong. I pulled up outside National Tyres could instantly see that one employee, who I assume was in charge that day was not happy to see me again. As I walked in I heard him say to one of the other employees, and I will quote word for word, “I don’t need this f*cking sh*t today” and straight away he was on the defensive with me. Swearing of any nature is not the kind of language I would expect to hear from a National Company, this is totally unacceptable.
    I started to tell him that the problem was still there but he didn’t want to know. He got very agitated and aggressive towards me while I was trying to explain the problem with my vehicle. The conversation got very heated and he continued to swear at me telling me that “he didn’t need my sh*t” and he kept on saying it.
    He said there was nothing he could do and that he didn’t do the work to my vehicle so there’s nothing he can do for me.
    He offered nothing but abuse towards me and was not interested at all in resolving or at least trying to resolve the issue.
    One of the other employees who was working could clearly hear the conversation as he shouted out “oi” to him, I am not sure whether it was to try and calm him down or not, but I had no choice other than to leave the premises at this point.
    I asked for his name but he wouldn’t give it to me, and I said that he can’t speak to me like that and that I was going to make a complaint against him.
    The whole experience has been very upsetting and stressful. The reason I took my vehicle to National Tyres was because it is open all weekend and I really needed to get my vehicle fixed ASAP as I do a lot of travelling for work and need my vehicle to be safe and road worthy as expected.
    Instead, the mechanics replaced a part that didn’t need replacing, then I got nothing but abuse when I pointed out the fault still remained.
    Now I am driving a vehicle that is not road worthy and I am 100% stressed out as to how I am going to get this problem resolved and my car fixed and am terrified to take it back to FolkestoneNational Tyres.
  • balmk
    balmk Posts: 624 Forumite
    Options
    I would suggest that you contact their head office by telephone and remind them of their customer charter:

http://www.national.co.uk/customer-charter.aspx

Advise them that you will not be returning the car to the same centre for inspection as you have been verbally abused and intimidated. They can either send an engineer out to you, or fund the cost associated with taking the vehicle to a different autocentre which may be further away.

If they are amenable, let them try and rectify the problem.

If they are not amenable, advise them that you expect a full refund of moneys paid as you will be taking the vehicle to a competitor.

If they refuse to refund the money and insist that you go to the same repair centre, advise them that you will need to involve trading standards.

Hope that helps
  • paulmcfadyen
    paulmcfadyen Posts: 48 Forumite
    Options
    C4ND1 - Sorry to hear that you too have had such a poor experience with this crowd.

I'd go straight to trading standards/credit card chargeback if I were you - their head office were as useless as the incompetent branch for me.

On a different note, I've stopped sharing my poor experiences here, as the majority of the forum users seem to think it's me that's been in the wrong when I've shared unsatisfactory experiences.
  • arcon5
    arcon5 Posts: 14,099 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    What makes you think you are entitled to a full refund, despite all the hassle the company did eventually perform the service correctly.
  • paulmcfadyen
    paulmcfadyen Posts: 48 Forumite
    Options
    I can't see anything on this thread about a full refund where service was performed correctly - only my claim for partial refund of the unsatisfactory elements and others where service was not performed at all.

You've illustrated my previous paragraph nicely though.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.9K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.4K Life & Family
  • 248.5K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure