Lloyds TSB ppi Claim

Options
Hi All
Just got back from holiday and found a letter from Lloyds ,They have said that they have been unable to trace any PPI policies for the loan (creditcard?) account number i provided and are unable to take my complaint any further.
They also say they are receiving a large amount of correspondence from various companies ,including mine ( i wrote to them in december 2010 i am not a company ) that is incomplete ?( i sent them the PPI Consumer Questionaire) and they are monitoring this activity and if this continues they will be forced to raise the concern with the ministry of justice.
I have lots of Credit Card Statements showing PPI payments,i am annoyed with their attitude shoud i reply or just go straight to the FOS.

Comments

• jackslad28
    Options
    FOS told me last week that PPI claims were taking upto 9 months to process...
  • magpiecottage
    Options
    This sounds like you have been sent the wrong letter in error.

Clearly that is unsatisfactory but unfortunately there are a lot of fraudulent complaints from ambulance chasing companies. It costs the banks money to deal with that and, in the end, the cost of that is passed on to its customers.

I would suggest you write back at to Lloyds TSB pointing out that you are not a claims management company but a private customer and that you have checked your statements on account number [whatever] and the cover clearly exists.

Remind them that the time limit for dealing with the complaint has now expired and tell them that if you do not receive it within two weeks you will go to FOS and will seek further redress for the poor handling of your complaint.

If there is a fax number on the letter and you can send a fax do it that way.

If you do not get the response within 2 weeks you will have to go to FOS but this is likely to get a quicker result.
  • gethro
    gethro Posts: 935 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Hi all
    Well 1 week has passed since i sent the letter but no reply so far so i had better get copying all my paperwork to send to the FOS . :)
  • magpiecottage
    magpiecottage Posts: 9,241 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    edited 11 September 2011 at 9:31AM
    Options
    gethro wrote: »
    Hi all
    Well 1 week has passed since i sent the letter but no reply so far so i had better get copying all my paperwork to send to the FOS . :)

I think so. Let the two weeks expire first, copy the latest letter in with your complaint to FOS and make clear that you assumed they had sent the first letter in error but they have ignored it.

And tell FOS that you were frightened that they threatened to report you to the MOJ and would have given up without professional advice. (My advice may have been free but that it is professional)
  • loganakajon
    Options
    Hi Gethro,

Let me tell you a little story about Lloyds TSB, i have been with Lloyds for 26 years as an individual, with a current account. I have had numerous loans with them over these years so i decided to ask them for my money back for all the mis-sold PPI`s.

After a few months i received a couple of letters to tell me that they are investigating my complaints............anyway last week i received a letter from Lloyds TSB saying that they are not going to proceed any further with my complaints as the PPI questionnaire i filled in doesn't have any sort codes on them!!!!!!......What the **** do they mean, the questionnaire doesn't ask for any sort codes......So i rang them to find out more..

They then told me that because i am a business they cannot investigate further without these sort codes...
    I told them "I am not, nor will be a business, i am an individual with a current account with Lloyds that i have been with since i was 16 years old"
    "Oh, i`m sorry", the lady replies "We have you down as a business"
    she tells me that she will check again....... "i`m so sorry its our mistake, we put your questionnaires in the wrong folder, i will pass them onto the PPI complaints department for you, this will take about 10 to 14 days for them to receive........
    "how long?" i said........."don't bother i will resend the questionnaires in myself but could you send me some prepaid envelopes as its your mistake and i have already paid for them once"
    "yes, no problem, i will send them as soon as i can, they should be with you in 5 to 7 days" She replied
    Let me tell you Lloyds TSB are a complete waste of time, i m not giving up but sometimes it makes you feel GRRRR!!!! :mad::mad::mad:
  • gethro
    Options
    HI All
    Well the 2 weeks have expired and nothing from Lloyds,thanks for all the advice ,time to start copying paperwork for the FOS.....
  • src007
    src007 Posts: 420 Forumite
    Options
    "Oh, i`m sorry", the lady replies "We have you down as a business" she tells me that she will check again....... "i`m so sorry its our mistake, we put your questionnaires in the wrong folder, i will pass them onto the PPI complaints department for you, this will take about 10 to 14 days for them to receive........

They put the complaint in wrong folder. :rotfl:

You would have thought they'd have at least come up with a better excuse.

Lloyds TSB are an appalling organisation. I tell friends and family to avoid them at all costs.

The best thing to do, if you get bad service is to vote with your feet.

Whilst ''the banks'' get a bad press at the moment there are some organisations out there who treat customers really well.
  • J8JOD
    Options
    Hi all,Can anybody help ,I received a letter from Lloyds TSB ppi claims informing me that my claim was successful and they would pay interest on it at 8 % until 13/10/2011. They are not prepared to say when my claim will be concluded and I've heard it could possibly take upto 4 months,in which case I should be entitled to a further 4 months interest @8 %.Has anybody else had similar problems with them.I had a claim with MBNA which was successfully concluded within 9 wweks, no problems whatsoever.The way in which Lloyds TSB treat their customers is absolutely appalling.I have banked with them for 45 years and don't fancy moving banks now although I believe I should
    J8JOD
  • gethro
    Options
    I hade to go to the FOB with my complaint as Lloyds (IMO) gave the wrong answer,i have had a reply from the FOB telling me it could take up to 3 months for them to investigate my complaint due to the amount of claims they have to get through,which will make it about 14 months since i put the complaint into Lloyds :(
  • Umbrella
    Options
    Hi all need some advise as feel that we have been fobbed off by our bank. 6 to 7 years ago I took out a large loan which cleared a small credit card off (small in comparison) and to help with moving into our home. We had a meeting with the bank manager and he said 400 more would be applied to credit card to pay off ppi on the card. I remember the conversation but agreed to it none the less and i am also in the understanding that ppi was reinstated on the loan. Half of the loan was paid off when my husband was out of work we called the bank ref loan repayments to explain we were unable to make the date for the next payment and before we knew it we were having a refinance loan which cancelled ppi instantly reduced monthly payments and extended loan date to finish. I remember that conversation too, particularly about the ppi. However lloyds have now sent me a no ppi policy on either of the accounts. Stating that they have no record of ppi on my carc or thd loan. they had my name wrong on the first letter ref card and now they have issued letter to my maiden name ( which the card was under as well as loan). i just feel very confused and feel as if i am doubting myself. should k ket it go? or not. Whst should i do if i can found no evidence of loans ect. i gave had teo children since then infact i was on maternity keave when i agreed to thf loan originally. How can I ensure that they have investigated appropriately?
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure