Options
1303132333436»

Comments

• Browntoa
    Browntoa Posts: 49,302 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    JohnnyCee wrote: »
    Hi Mars99, following your win did wren take long to settle. I'm insulted by their poultry compensation offer, which comes nowhere now close to monies lost or paid out because of them supplying and fitting our kitchen...not to mention the stress and problems associated with it all.

You won't get a reply , that user has not logged in for over a year , October 2018
    Ex forum ambassador

Long term forum member
  • Aylesbury_Duck
    Aylesbury_Duck Posts: 14,008 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    Hi Mars99, following your win did wren take long to settle. I'm insulted by their poultry compensation offer, which comes nowhere now close to monies lost or paid out because of them supplying and fitting our kitchen...not to mention the stress and problems associated with it all.
    What did they offer you? Chicken? Turkey?
  • JohnnyCee
    Options
    Hi, would you be able to tell what is the best way of getting the right about of compensation for a kitchen that took over a year to complete? Signing the satisfaction form under false pretenses and duress. And yes our installation was a worse as it gets scenario.
  • JohnnyCee
    Options
    okay, so how can I get some help?
  • Rosa_Damascena
    Options
    Well I recently visited my local Wren store and came away full of inspiration for my own kitchen renovation. Except I know I would have to be deaf, blind and stupid to buy from Wren given its reputation.

My question is this: is Howdens any better? Their USP seems to be a reliable supply chain.
    No man is worth crawling on this earth.

So much to read, so little time.
  • photome
    photome Posts: 16,362 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Bake Off Boss!
    edited 29 February 2020 at 9:03AM
    Options
    Well I recently visited my local Wren store and came away full of inspiration for my own kitchen renovation. Except I know I would have to be deaf, blind and stupid to buy from Wren given its reputation.

My question is this: is Howdens any better? Their USP seems to be a reliable supply chain.
    You would need to get your fitter/builder to buy from Howdens as they dont sell to the public, depending on the tradesman you use will govern how much discount you get.  My fitter recomended Howdens or B and Q, we used B and Q, (and got his discount) 2 years on we have had  no issues
  • Mars99
    Mars99 Posts: 14 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Browntoa said:

You won't get a reply , that user has not logged in for over a year , October 2018
    Hi All
    For some reason I have not been receiving notifications from this site hence not aware of any queries being raised. But suddenly I have received your notification.
    Anyway, to answer your query (if its not too late), once I had obtained a County Court Judgement (CCJ) following the hearing, Wren paid up fairly quickly. They really had no choice in the matter as otherwise it would have been escalated to the bailiffs to collect payment. 
  • gt568
    gt568 Posts: 2,497 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options

My mother has a howdens kitchen and has no complaints, to me it looks standard mid range.  But they used a very good local fitter.  The quality of the gear can be great, but if your fitter is useless.....
    {Signature removed by Forum Team}
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.2K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport