How much does everyone pay for gas & electric?

Options
13»

Comments

• C_Mababejive
    C_Mababejive Posts: 11,658 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Dual fuel..£50 per month.

We use gas for heating/hot water and cooking.

My boiler is 25 years old and i have a hot water cylinder.

I am now on the EDF 2014 deal.

2 bedroom house.
    Feudal Britain needs land reform. 70% of the land is "owned" by 1 % of the population and at least 50% is unregistered (inherited by landed gentry). Thats why your slave box costs so much..
  • busiscoming2
    Options
    Mine is £89 per month, have a dual fuel online thingy with EON. We are two adults and a teenager in a three bed town house.
  • Mrs_Arcanum
    Mrs_Arcanum Posts: 23,976 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    edited 4 September 2011 at 6:38PM
    Options
    Hi - I hugely dislike how much i am paying to British Gas each month..and it occurred to me, i havent a CLUE whether it is the average or not! Just an "Out of interest" post, really! :money:

So, i am in a 3 bedroom house with 2 adults and one child (7years). We don't use any more electric or gas than i would assume "normal" families of this size use.... My bill for September which will be going out (boo hoo!) very soon is £65 per month Gas and then £45 per month Electric. Does this sound about right to others in similar situations??

:cool::cool: God i am going to be BROKE :eek:

Also, we can't as we understand it change suppliers as we are in a privately rented property...we were told by landlady that she was the only one who could make that decision so no chance of jumping to another provider who may be cheaper :mad:
    If the bills are in your name & paid by you I would question the right of the LL to prevent you changing supplier. This is classed as an unfair clause by OFT.

Where there could be an issue is if you were put on a pre pay meter.

We are Gas Heating & water. Electric for everything else and due to the price rise I have put the DD up to £110 from £90 (like to be sure I am not going to get a scary bill after the winter). 3 Bed 50's built semi.
    Truth always poses doubts & questions. Only lies are 100% believable, because they don't need to justify reality. - Carlos Ruiz Zafon, The Labyrinth of the Spirits
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.8K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 236K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.4K Life & Family
  • 248.6K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure