PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

September 2011 Grocery Challenge

Comments

• ragz_2
    ragz_2 Posts: 3,254
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    I'm in for £450 this month please.
    Already spent £11 on nappies and wipes in Asda yesterday (as well as £6 on a huge pale pink plastic storage tub with lid, not GC but mentioned as I thought they were really good for that price.) The two food items I bought I included in last month's budget.
    Have just got a smart phone and have downloaded an app to keep track of my grocery spends. I'm trying 2, Expense Tracker (simple, user friendly) and Ultimate budgets (bit more advanced, can do Envelopes for different spends, you can make it very in depth.) Think I'll probably stick with the simple one! Need a good shopping list app now...
    June Grocery Challenge £493.33/£500 July £/£500
    2 adults, 3 teens
    Progress is easier to acheive than perfection.
  • Afternoon all

Thankyou to everyone who contributes and does the upkeep of this thread, it kept me going through August and helped me come in on budget!

I posted on the August thread but incase it gets missed could I please be put down for £210 for September. Dropped my budget by £10 from last month, baby steps and all that! Thats for me, H2B and 5 guinea pigs and includes food/toiletries/cleaning products/alcohol/fresh food for the guinea pigs.

Going to get to grips with food shopping again, starting February!

Got married to my lovely hubby on 12/11/2011 :D
  • 166million
    166million Posts: 1,233
    Debt-free and Proud!
    Forumite
    I'm going for £100 this month x
    **Debt Free as of 15:55 on Friday 23rd March 2012**And I am staying that way
    377 166million Sealed Pot Challenge 2018 :staradmin No. 90: Emergency fund £637
    My debt free diary http://http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=3630099
  • September will go from the 1st until the 30th of September and our budget is £70. This is for my partner, me and 2 chinchillas.
    We are still trying to empty the freezer :eek:. Done a full month meal planner and 18 full meals of mine are coming out of the freezer :rotfl:.

So far we have spent £1.98 in the 99p store and £3.91 at the co-op.

We need to buy the chinchillas food, hay and sand this month.

By the way those that have a hard time keeping track - I find a magnet on the freezer (you could use the fridge) is perfect for keeping all the receipts together. All you have to do when you get home is put the receipt(s) on the top of the 'pile'.
    Our freezer is covered in magnets :rotfl:. Receipts, meal planner, freezer contents list, my partners work schedule (to know when he has off more than when he's working, lol), calander etc. This 'notice board' system really does work :) although it does look very OCD to others :o.

Budget : £70
    Spent : £5.89
    Left : £64.11
    I am a vegan woman. My OH is a lovely omni guy :D
  • id like to reiterate my thanks to everyone who keeps this thread organised, it really is agodsend knowing all the recipies and mealplans are kept so handily available for us all.:T
    im going for tight this month £400 for sept but plannig to come in under budget
    SPC~12 ot 124

In a world that has decided that it's going to lose its mind, be more kind my friend, try to Be More Kind
  • TizerCat
    TizerCat Posts: 473
    Photogenic First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    I'm down for £50 as need to save for Xmas amongst other things and now the students have gone home its just me to cater for!
    Debt at LBM 27 Sept 2010 £40,640.17:o cleared it in 2017. Debt now £3600 on credit card 0% and £20k on consolidation loan Oh dear will I ever l learn!? B][/FONT
  • I've already spent £7.02 of my £50, mainly at the market; got fruit, veg, milk, pitta breads & bacon. Also 4 punnets of only slightly bashed strawberries for £1 :shocked:, so they'll be getting picked over and the jam pot will be getting an outing tonight.

I don't actually need to buy much for the whole of the rest of the month though. I've been sorting out my storecupboard & freezer in advance of this challenge and, oh my god, it's ridiculous. I've now got lists everywhere of what I've got stashed away in the shed and under the stairs, and I REALLY need to start getting through some of it before it ends up going out of date and being wasted. :sad:

Menu plans are now written for the next fortnight and I plan to have condensed the stores by at least one big plastic box by the end of the month. Will need dairy, fruit & veg and maybe a pound of mince at some point, but other than that I'm all stocked up.

Thanks to everyone involved in organising this & keeping it going & good luck everyone else. :T
  • retepetsir
    retepetsir Posts: 1,236
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Forumite
    I'm joining for the first time :j

My lovely other half has a habit of not taking a list with her, so regularly spends £80-£100 per week on food (no alcohol, we never really drink), soft drink and things like washing powder/cleaning products :eek:. This regularly adds up to £350+ per month while we try to save for our wedding!!!

We meal plan so it really shouldn't be that much.

So as that's the case....I've set this month's budget at £240, or around £60 per week :).

I'll be doing the shopping :rotfl:

The Great Declutter Challenge - £876 :)

• Hi, i came in under budget for August and still have food in the house, so could you please put me down for £90 for September.

Thank you.
    £2 Savers Club 2013 - £28
    20p Savers Club 2013 - £10.20
    January 2013 Grocery Challenge 73.30/180.00
  • Can i please be put down fro 150 again for this month. went to the shop this morning and have spent 13.25 already but this did included some frozen veg so that should keep us going. i did forget to get yoghurts and spuds though so will have to get them after work tomorrow.
    72,77/ 150.00 - sept gc
    159.46/150.00 - aug gc
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family