Digital Freeview boxes for under £22

Options

Comments

• Martyn321
    Options
    Do any of these other Digital tv providers allow you to get sky one, or is this ONLY available via a sky subscription???
  • BexTech
    BexTech Posts: 4,772 Forumite
    Options
    Sky One is available on NTL : Telewest.

Same as NTL : Telewest's channels (Living, Bravo etc) are available on satellite.

For ex-Telewest areas : http://www.telewest.co.uk/html/sorter/channels_full.html

For ex-NTL areas: http://home.ntl.com/html/sorter/channels_full.html

Sky One is available from the Free package up on ex-Telewest and from select package and up on ex-NTL.
    It's PAC not PAC Code, it's MAC not MAC Code, it's PIN not PIN Number, it's ATM not ATM Machine, it's LCD not LCD Display, it's DVD not DVD disc... It's no one not noone, It's a lot not alot, It's got not gotten... Panini is the plural of panino - there is no S!!
    (OK my English isn't great, the sciences, maths & IT are my strong points!)
  • penpusher_2
    Options
    I purchased the DIGIHOME DVB915 from Amazon a few days ago.
    To my mind it is worth double the £21.98 price.
    Very very easy setup, minutes literally once you have connected your scart cables etc.
  • spook
    spook Posts: 233 Forumite
    Options
    Anyone had any experience with any of these boxes over the long term?

Personally I had one of the Asda "Durabrand" boxes - think it's about £24 now. Crashed every week or so, and eventually died completely, only 3 weeks before warranty ran out.

Fortunately Asda were quite happy to exchange it - I got the impression they exchange an awful lot of them...
  • Lugh_Chronain
    Options
    Not had a reply I’m afraid. I will try again hopefully with some luck this time. :confused: Sorry
  • Lugh_Chronain
    Options
    WOW!! Don’t think I’ve seen so many users online as this 3599 in total.

I got a reply at last

I was hoping to post the thread the person I contacted would send me but unfortunately he can’t find it. I’ve ask him to send me his username so I can try to look up his past posts. Don’t get your hopes up to much though because the administrator has disabled the list of members. I will email them if needs be and hopefully they might help me out with any luck.

Anyway, what he did was:

1st of all have a look at the Special Note for Telewest/NTL users

He did the NTL thing saying he was leaving and going to Carphone Warehouses talk talk (need to find out how much this is now). Was paying £40 and also charged for calls made on top. I guess that's for the month.

What he got was

Upgrade to 2Meg (p.s. now 4Meg) broadband (reduced from £25 to £12.50).
    Base TV digital package (reduced to £5.50)

Phone line rental (£10.50 standard charge)

TalkUnlimited 24 package (worth £15 but got it free!!!! Free calls forever 24hrs a day to landlines)

NO CONTRACT as he has been with them for years.

He tells me prices may have varied a bit since then.

Hope this helps. I will post is the thread here for you regardless.
  • Lugh_Chronain
    Options
    These are not threads he posted on here; he says he never post anything anywhere. He just saw what others were doing and asked for more. Not sure what the latter means, maybe he means from NTL.

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.html?p=1136799#post1136799

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.html?p=2038521

Good luck
  • Lugh_Chronain
    Options
    Oops! Posted twice by accident Sorry, Pls delete
  • jstallan
    jstallan Posts: 326 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    See my post here
    http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.html?p=4042312&posted=1#post4042312

Not under £22 , but £25 and very happy
  • marzouk
    Options
    glyn_s wrote:
    does anyone know of a cheap freeview box that shows the channels on a display on the front rather than on-screen? i want to plug one into a stereo so i can get digital radio stations on it - i hope to use a splitter from my existing freeview aerial - but i need a display on the front to show the channel numbers or names otherwise i won't know what channel it's on - anyone know of one please?
    I bought a Goodmans freeview with 80gb HDD from ASDA. 2 channel(so you can record one programme and watch another) excellent quality recording. It has a front display. I use it for the radio through my stereo system.
    You can also watch one recording whilst recording another. Can't remember model no but got in ASDA Swindon.:T
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure