PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

OS Daily Saturday 27th August

Options
Hardup_Hester
Hardup_Hester Posts: 4,800 Forumite
edited 27 August 2011 at 7:01AM in Old style MoneySaving
Hi, this is the Daily Thread for Saturday 27th August. This is an “over the garden fence” type thread where we chat about everything Old Style and maybe a little bit more. It’s a great, inspiring and motivating thread we start each day to discuss what Old Style things we’re going to do today or what we’ve achieved already. Everyone’s welcome, please do come in, put your feet up (although check the fence hasn’t just been painted first!) and join us for an Old Style natter. The more the merrier!

As this is the Old Style Board, it would be appreciated if posts could include some Old Style content. Please be aware that many people may have small screens, or slow internet connections, so please don’t post large pictures, or clip art – links are preferred.

When you make a post, if you feel like giving it a title, that will help others that don’t have the time to read everything skim through the thread quickly but if not it's not a problem. Please do not start a new daily thread before you go to bed at night because this often leaves things confusing with two daily threads live at the same time. The idea is that a member would start each new daily thread after they get up in the morning.

Some people who chat here like to try to answer everyone. Don’t feel you have to though, a general “hi everyone, hope everyone’s well” type start does just as well.

Morning all
I've been offline for a couple of days as there was a virus on my pc & I had to get it removed by a professional, I do have AVG running but the sneaky little blighter managed to get round it. It cost me £35 but fortunately hubby won £76 on the lottery so I was able to pay for it with no problems
As soon as I got paid this month I invested in one of the washing line covers that Mooloo mentions in her diary & yesterday I got some washing dry despite the heavy rain. I really cannot afford to run my tumble dryer but neither can I cope with another winter of wet washing everywhere.
I went to work yesterday as I am contracted to do 10 days during the holidays, but there was nothing to do, so I came home after half an hour. I'm still counting it as one of my days worked as it isn't my fault that no one bothered to get anything prepared.
Plans for today? I'm not sure yet, it depends on the state of my hands, they are very hot & painful at the moment. I have been asked to crochet 2 baby blankets, one in pink & white & one in lilac & white. I have to get one finished by the end of October & one by the end of January, so there in no rush, but it's a fine line between doing enough to stop my hands seizing up & doing too much & making them very painful.
Have a good day everyone
Hugs Hester

Never let success go to your head, never let failure go to your heart.

Comments

• mioliere
    mioliere Posts: 6,838 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Hi Hester - glad you sorted out that pesky virus! Sounds like you may have tendonitis in your hands? I have it and it can be really painful.

Cool and cloudy start here but the sun has just come out; we've had a horrid August with plenty of thunderstorms, so I hope at least the end of the month will be more like summer!

I need to go food shopping this morning, not something I really look forward to! I must also do some baking and the ironing keeps looking at me! We have someone coming over later to buy some old cast iron radiators that we have advertised for sale. I hope his trailer is strong enough - DH reckons they'll weigh around a ton all together!

We've had a hectic week so I'm hoping for a quiet weekend for a change.

Hope you all have a good day.

KathyXX
    KNIT YOUR SQUARE TOTALS:

Squares: 11, Animal blankets: 2
  • goobergirl
    goobergirl Posts: 119 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Good morning everyone,

nice fresh morning up in Scotland. Fingers crossed it will stay that way.

No big plans for today. One load of washing out already, I haven't used my tumble drier for over a month, which I am well in the habit of not using now. Not sure how I will fare over the winter with 5 of us but I will try to use it sparingly once the weather turns. I am going to get another fold out airer so I can get two loads drying at once.

I have some bread to make too. I think i'll do a loaf and a batch of rolls. I have not bought a shop loaf for over a month either.

I also plan to vacuum the house from top to bottom and give the bathroom & shower room a really good clean.

Otherwise it will be a day of running kids here and there to various kids activities & a birthday party later.

Have a good day everyone x
  • beemuzed
    beemuzed Posts: 2,188 Forumite
    Mortgage-free Glee!
    Options
    Good Morning Hester, Mioliere and all to follow. The blankets sound lovely Hester. I began a single bed one for DGD ages ago, but have loads more to do on it yet. Mioliere, hope those radiators go!
    Need to get to the gym early today. Find if I aim for first thing I'm more likely to get there. Try for later and I'm always too busy doing something else.
    Need to get keys cut today as well. WM and DW are both humming away as I type - hope the washing can go out today. Yesterday it rained all day - so I don;t need to water the veg at least!
    Am looking online for some stretchknit fabric as I bought some half price dress/top patterns last w/e and want to get started on those.
    We are off to the Proms this evening so really looking forward to that. Means eating at lunchtime tho' and then finding something for DS to cook for himself tonight.
    Hope you all have a good day today. take care.
    Resolution:
    Think twice before spending anything!
  • Moorhen
    Moorhen Posts: 964 Forumite
    First Anniversary
    Options
    Morning everyone,

Chickens look a lot happier and perkier this morning so hopefully treatment worked.

SO EXCITED!!!
    Off to London for the day with DD1 to meet up with my parents and see Les Miserables at the theatre, a real West End Show! It is an early birthday present for DD1 and me and a 50th wedding anniversary present for my parents.:D

Have a lovely day everyone.:)
  • NoahsPennilessMummy
    Options
    morning all:D
    feeling shocking today:o high temp, sore throat, rattly cough and aching all over. just having a Lemsip. Was in bed at 8pm last night.
    Not feeling up to going anywhere today so am hoping noah is happy to stay in:o
    DH making HM pizza for him and Noah later
    I have to go and sort out the hens this morning as their run is a mess due to the rain all day yesterday....and the fact that they constantly tip their food over and tread it into the floor;)
    Am going to look at some metal trough feeders instead as am fed up of it.
    Got our first egg yesterday:j from our White Star....DS was so thrilled he was dancing around the kitchen.
    Off to wake DH for work.
    Have good days all
    x

PS have a fab time Moorhen! Glad the hens are looking better x
  • Hardup_Hester
    Hardup_Hester Posts: 4,800 Forumite
    Options
    Hi Mioliere
    Yes, my previous Dr diagnosed tendonitis, it's a bl00dy nuisance whatever it is, I sympathise with you, I also have a ganglion(sp) that is aggravated by knitting, but less so by crochet, according to my current Dr, if I lost 2 stone & 10 years, my tendonitis would disappear!
    Hug Hester

Never let success go to your head, never let failure go to your heart.
  • Julie67
    Julie67 Posts: 2,362 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Morning All,

Finding I dont get around to posting everyday, its so busy at the moment I don't seem to have a minute. Mass clean up this morning and then out for a family meal tonight, but have a voucher for 50% off so that should help. Its a new restaurant and the food looks scrummy and even better I don't have to cook:eek:
    Hester the cover sounds great, can you get them for the rotary washing line?

DD is talking to ex at the moment and talking about meeting up for a chat, don't really approve but at 25 she is a big girl and and must make her own decisions, but its very hard not to interfere.

Well off to check if I won euro millions last night.

Have a good day all J x
    Started Self Managed DMP 10th May 2017.
    Working hard to get rid of our debt.
  • jannyannie
    jannyannie Posts: 797 Forumite
    Options
    MOrning all

Grey and cool here, looks like it's going to rain :(. I'm not really bothered as I'm on nights this weekend but I feel sorry that the kids have had horrid weather on their hols

HESTER take it easy with your hands
    IVYLEAF hope you get better soon

Hi SPARKLYSHOES and welcome.
    FB Hope you feel better soon

Not much OS going on today, will try and get my uniforms dry on the line. DS is going to his Dad's in a mo, he's not happy but what can you do. Tea is whatever i can cobble together from the fridge, luckily i've got loads in the fridge.

Have a good day all and big hugs to anyone who needs one.

Jan x
  • flutterbyuk25
    flutterbyuk25 Posts: 7,009 Forumite
    Options
    Morning all

NPM - hope you feel better soon x
    Moorhen - enjoy London town

I slept really well, and for ten hours last night :) must be because of the jab I had yday. Lately I've been sleeping solidly all night but it hasn't felt like sleep IYKWIM. But I feel positively refreshed today.

Apart from tonight, I have absolutely no plans for the bank holiday weekend :D, I'm just gonna chill out. Tonight is meant to be our flat warming party, but TBH it's gonna be kinda lame :o cos neither me nor flatmate should drink (she is on antibiotics), and most guests are driving and some can only stay for an hour or so! Ah well I still get to show off the penthouse and I'll actually be quite glad of a quietish night :rotfl:. ps You lot are all invited too! ;)

OS wise - need to put up my wardrobe so I can put away the clothes piled in my 2nd room, need to tidy my room, flat needs quick hoover throughout, laundry from last night drying outside, may put WM on again if weather holds, DW will go on, and will need to go shopping for a few bits for tonight! Phew!

Have a fab Saturday all

x
    * Rainbow baby boy born 9th August 2016 *

* Slimming World follower (I breastfeed so get 6 hex's!) *
  • sistercas
    sistercas Posts: 4,803 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    morning all

NPM hope you are soon feeling better

HH i havent used my TD for a year as it doesnt work and we couldnt afford to replace it, i like the idea of a cover for the airer as i struggle to dry stuff when its raining - could you post a link to the airer cover if possible ?

moorhen enjoy london , its a real treat for me to go to london so i hope you have a fab time

bedroom is almost decorated now, although when DH was hanging a door a bit of plaster fell off one of the nely painted walls , so i have had to fill it , it just needs sanding and repainting.
    still need to finish the curtains and save up for a new carpet

will have to go to the shops later ive done a list and MIL is coming this weekend so need to tidy up every where

have a good day everyone x
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.8K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.9K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.4K Life & Family
  • 248.5K Travel & Transport