Options

Comments

• jo_b_2
    jo_b_2 Posts: 7,123 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Impomdasp wrote: »
    Happy Birthday, jo_b:beer: .

Sounds like you had some good things in the post. I hope there were no bills to spoil your day!

Cheers! :beer: No bills today - although the tv licence runs out at the end of the month! :( :rolleyes:
  • jo_b_2
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Been a bit lax about updating my savings lately! :o

Recent savings:

Made £1.62 selling an old book on www.greenmetropolis.com and £2 selling on Amazon.

Saved £5 on a Firebox code for xmas pressies!

£18 redeemed in Amazon gift vouchers from various survey sites :D

Saved £8.40 at Figleaves using a code and also earned both Quidco cashback and ipoints (just signed up to get free greetings cards next year!) :cool:

Bought a new pushchair now baby is getting bigger and can go more upright. Bought a Maclaren RRP £150 paid £108 saving £42 (sale discount and 10% discount code from this site). Also earned a bonus £15 worth of Advantage points as well as Quidco cashback!
  • jo_b_2
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    This week I've made £8.20 profit from Mecca Games (using the free £10 bonus and signing up via Topcashback.)

I enjoyed online gaming so much that I signed up to Jackpotjoy via Quidco. Had to pay £10 but came out with £35.60 profit!!! :j

The pushchair ordered from Boots wasn't suitable (too big for the car boot!) Ordered another after test-driving them in Mothercare. Saved £2 off RRP (after delivery costs) -better than a poke in the eye with a sharp stick! :D
  • EagerLearner
    Options
    Happy (belated) birthday!

Hope next week to share with you my yearly totals (as close to as poss) - you inspired me with this thread, thanks so much as it's made a massive difference to how I look at things x
    MFW #185
    Mortgage slowly being offset! £86,987 /58,742 virtual balance
    Original mortgage free date 2037/ Now Nov 2034 and counting :T
    YNAB lover :D
  • jo_b_2
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Happy (belated) birthday!

Hope next week to share with you my yearly totals (as close to as poss) - you inspired me with this thread, thanks so much as it's made a massive difference to how I look at things x

Thanks. Glad that you've been interested enough to keep reading!

I've lost track a little bit over the past few weeks. Christmas and the two boys have kept me busy! :rolleyes:

I don't think I've listed the £95.17 payment from Quidco that hit my account this month. (Expecting a similar amount this month but that'll go into January savings - assuming I keep a record next year!)

Also sold a couple of books on Amazon and Green Met. I'll get £6 after fees and p&p. ;)

Finally received £10.75 from completing surveys at Opinion Bar and had my £10 incentive payment for registering with mobile banking!

I'll be totalling up the savings for the whole year next week!!! :o

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year anyway! :wave:
  • jamtart6
    jamtart6 Posts: 8,302 Forumite
    Options
    well done to you all!!

are we able to keep a savings record on one thread on this board? for example if i wanted to have a 2008 one??

:ABeing Thrifty Gifty again this year:A

• jo_b_2
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    jamtart6 wrote: »
    well done to you all!!

are we able to keep a savings record on one thread on this board? for example if i wanted to have a 2008 one??

There's no reason why you couldn't start a 2008 savings thread on here! :cool:

I'll probably do another thread for my own savings next year as I find it does help to keep me motivated as I feel a bit embarrassed if I haven't saved anything! :o Saying that, my efforts drifted a little in the second half of this year (but I can blame the baby for that!) Hopefully starting a new year will encourage me to have a fresh look at finances. God knows we need to as I'm only on Stat Maternity Pay at the minute and our monthly outgoings are more than our current income. :o:(

We're still okay as a family. We haven't got any debts now (other than the mortgage) and have got some savings set aside. (I need to look at transferring ISAs next year though! It's on my to-do list.) :rolleyes:

Hope everybody has a happy new year and enjoys celebrating. I shall be online tomorrow night as OH is working and can't get a babysitter! Might treat myself to online bingo and a snowball. ;)
  • jamtart6
    jamtart6 Posts: 8,302 Forumite
    Options
    best of luck for 2008. Happy New Year! xx

:ABeing Thrifty Gifty again this year:A

• dreams_R_free
    Options
    Looking forward to seeing your total savings jo_b. You've been an inspiration this year and it just goes to show how much can be saved on everyday things when it's itemised and listed as you've done it:j

Have a lovely New Years Eve(what's left of it) and a happy, healthy and money-saving 2008:beer:

Imp x
  • jo_b_2
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Okay - I've finally added up my totals. I've added them up in categories so that I can see where the best savings/gains have been made in 2007!

Savings and discounts thanks to this site:

Utilities/Insurance (Changing suppliers etc, NOT including cashback) £228.42

Using online discount codes £144.12

Using coupons and vouchers instore £219.06

Sales/discounts/bargain buys etc £280.62

BOGOFS/multibuy offers £208.62

Discounts on magazines through cheap subscriptions £30.66

Book swapping £10

Taking sandwiches to work £40

Cutting son's hair at home £6

Free Sky Plus box £99

Extra income thanks to this site:

Quidco cashback £895.48

Pigsback vouchers £120